Sorcery improvements

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by minuteofdecay, May 21, 2015.

1. minuteofdecay Committed Player

#1 guardian needs to be powered by Ritualistic Word. I loved having him in there instead of the watcher for anything but raids. This would in no way be overpowered because who cares if u could power him with both offering and ritualistic word.

#2 lower the cooldown on ritualistic word by 25%. This is the best group heal we have but it has a long cooldown due to also powering a watcher (imo).

#3 Or if you don't like number 2 then either speed up the heals for IoR or have bigger heals all the way and just reduce the last heal.

#4 allow pets to regenerate power from their normal attacks. I say this only because of solo content and long boss fights without a troll.

#5 make offering beneficial. This will help streamline the combat, and make it feel less clunky to me.

#6 and last and but not least by any means give shard a stun back. It's crazy to think of all the powers that have a viable option to stun multiple adds.

Now these are my opinions if you don't like them cool, but leave some constructive criticism.
    • Like x 7
  2. Reformed New Player

Ritualistic word NEEDS a shorter cooldown.

3-man heal (Ritualistic Word) and the Watcher Pet power dump (Ritualistic Word) SHOULD be different powers. Logically, it doesn't make sense that your 3-man heal (bread and butter heal) should share the same loadout spot as your pet power regen. Each time you use Ritualistic Word, you're making a choice. You're using it to heal your group mates, or you're using it to power your Watcher. Of course, there are times when you end up doing both, but the founding idea of its use is illogical.

I agree that offering is clunky to use right now, especially while dps'ing. However, you would have to make fortified golem beneficial too, as it is equally clunky.

Harvest is the only healer power that can stun independent of the dominance requirements. I have a hunch that Harvest will lose its stunning capability in the future.

I think Sorcery Healing's biggest issue is that it is a highly specialized powerset. By this I mean that it does not really have a "one size fits all" loadout, and it's pretty much the only powerset in the game that is like this (healer or not). There is variety in the powerset, and you can adjust to different situations/instances, but it involves changing your loadout constantly, or using multiple healer armories.

Personally, I like that aspect of sorcery, and would prefer if all powersets had that type of quality to them, but it also makes sorcery seem like an inferior healer to the public eye.
    • Like x 4
  3. Kal~el Committed Player

I do not even use the watcher anymore. It dies too often, but to your point I agree with you.
  4. Sectumsempra Dedicated Player

Quantum dps can stun without dominance requirements, I believe mental dps can too without it, there are a few other examples that don't come to mind,
    As far as other healer powers stuns, celestials cleansed death mark does stun, but only one enemy, most of its other powers that stun have no application in healer role so I wouldn't know, but I'm assuming they also do.
    Electric I've no knowledge of what stuns for them

I'd say give shard back personally, others do still have the ability, harvest just comes to mind because its the most visually obvious.
    • Like x 3
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

6. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I
    If u are celestial can u test to see if u can stun? I've personally seen gadgets, mental, quantum, nature, electric dps stun. I was just in a t7 duo with a quantum dps stunning the side bosses.
  7. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I liked to use guardian as a healer in alerts if there isn't any tanks or the tank wants to dps, but now it takes up to three loadouts to make him viable : guardian offering and ritualistic word half of my loadout.

Power return isn't a big deal for sorcery (imo) but it would be nice to be able stun adds to slow them down and hold them in place for CoD.
    • Like x 3
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is false. Electric Arc lightning and celestials cleansed death mark do not stun in raid or alert content. They only stunn in pvp, certain solos( not all) and certain duos. Arc lightning only stuns the first 2 targets in pve, and does not stun at all in alerts or raids.

Nature is the only healer power with a hard stun that works for all content including raids and survival mode. Also celestial dps has several stuns, but they only work in solo and duo content.
    • Like x 3
  9. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Well to me it shouldn't matter if it's a heal power or not if any dps can stun then they all should. And idc if it doesn't work on bosses or not I want the stun for the crap adds in any content.
    • Like x 2
  10. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Let me blow stuff up with Transmutation again.

Please give Shard its stun back.
    • Like x 5
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Agree with all but 5 won't happen. Another solution for 2 is to take away watchers ability to use power for attacks. Wth is he even up there attacking for, he's a healing pet. So not only are you hitting rw when no one needs heals to keep watcher powered, but he's wasting power attacking so when people dip need heals rw is on cooldown and watcher it dry wtf. And if you don't keep it up n watcher just dies without the shields cuz he's up the tanks a$$ attacking
    • Like x 2
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you can with retribution, Smite/haunt and many others while in DPS stance

retribution is a single stun, while smite is a AoE stun
  13. minuteofdecay Committed Player

See sorcery needs shard to have it's stun back
    • Like x 3
  14. minuteofdecay Committed Player

Why not cold snap (I think) for ice can clip.
  15. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

ComParing apples to oranges here. Why not made mass hysteria and fireburst clippable. They consider offering as our am big hit. How bout we Petition to have" grants gsa "from vengeance. Why does a pre dps power grant a healing pi anyway??? That alone would be a huge improvement. How bout increasing our regen slightly, maybe half the regen on a 3rd power? How bout making fury give us a might buff while offering is up.

I've been sorcery since I created my main but I agree with the devs on that. Msking offering beneficial is giving us a 20k clip move and sounds not happen
  16. minuteofdecay Committed Player

OK the problem is we have what an 8 second or 12 second cool down on offering then u have to wait on the pet to get power then u have to wait for him to use his big burst. It takes to long compared to other powers. If u could clip with it that would speed up when u could get to ur weapon attacks. Yeah an am with weapon attacks, smh.

Ice clips with cold snap and ice bash, we can clip with weapon of destiny. Even apples to oranges that's not right. Why would cold snap be beneficial it deals damage?
  17. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

[qdidn't realize cold snap indirectly caused 40k in damage

uote="minuteofdecay, post: 3334925, member: 3758"]OK the problem is we have what an 8 second or 12 second cool down on offering then u have to wait on the pet to get power then u have to wait for him to use his big burst. It takes to long compared to other powers. If u could clip with it that would speed up when u could get to ur weapon attacks. Yeah an am with weapon attacks, smh.

Ice clips with cold snap and ice bash, we can clip with weapon of destiny. Even apples to oranges that's not right. Why would cold snap be beneficial it deals damage?[/quote]
    I
  18. minuteofdecay Committed Player

I[/quote]
    So does offering do 40k or 20k? Ice bash deals direct damage it should not have a beneficial marker, offering doesn't do direct damage much like any of the other "weapon boost " power. That's not game breaking imo. It would help sorcery feel more smooth.

P's at cr 126 fury does 15k to 18k at close range, in ngn and hh.
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

20. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

So does offering do 40k or 20k? Ice bash deals direct damage it should not have a beneficial marker, offering doesn't do direct damage much like any of the other "weapon boost " power. That's not game breaking imo. It would help sorcery feel more smooth.

P's at cr 126 fury does 15k to 18k at close range, in ngn and hh.[/quote]

Ok so that's 30-36k. Offering leads to 2 big hits from fury. Listen I'd love die offering to be a clip but it's not gonna happen. The devs have specifically said this a few times. They consider offering as our am big hit. So rather than keep beating a dead horse I prefer to come up with alternatives. And while I agree with your op on all other points, those features would be gravy. I agree with the devs that making offering beneficial would be bad. Ice bash is a weapon buff, We have wod which is arguably a better weapon buff than most if not all weapon buffs. Cod snap is a shield. Boon off souls does the sane thing, passive damage with rsa.

Sorcery needs a very slight supplemental damage buff nothing more. At 125 cr fury 126 on a single target I consistently do 12-14k dps. Ice gadgets fire are all right there. They do it alot easier than us abd my fingers hurt from doing it but I'm doing it. That's also not including sw crit buff. I will say that the widely considered "optimal sorcery loadout" is not the way to go.