Sorcery Healing in 1v1 and 2s Lets Be real.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Jan 30, 2016.

1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I rarely shoot for a nerf to a powerset but as is, Sorcery is out of control their healing to power ratio needs to be looked at, they are so far better at power management then the other healing powers in content not requiring a troller that it's not even funny. Got into a match pugging with a Nature healer and myself dpsing, we out classed them in every counter possible and I won't even get started on the damage between the teams yet some how you have a sorc healer healing for almost a million damage in a 2s match [IMG]Power cost is clearly a problem here, I am hardly a 1v1er or Que 2s I normally stick to four and 5s but if you don't see a problem with this picture I don't know what to say.
    [IMG]

I also don't mind losing when I am out classed. But unless the sorc healer is terrible I mean terrible it's a pretty low chance you will beat them in a 1v1 or a 2v2, This is exactly the reason rps needs to return.

PS Both Healers were fully geared full resto spec. One was nature the other Sorc.
    • Like x 1
  2. Talve Dedicated Player

Yes. Ritualistic word + Watcher is ridiculous right now.
    At the same time in no universe should nature healer be that far behind in healing unless he is doing something wrong.
    • Like x 6
  3. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Yea Talve it was a random pug Que never seen that nature before he wasn't doing to bad in the combat not many deaths just felt like that healer never ran out of power, but between the pet it's ccs wasting power to break out and CoP fighting Sorcs isn't even fun or worth the marks of a 12 min plus match.
  4. Dibrie Committed Player

Sorc power consumption hasn't changed, while nature still has his am so that healer just new his powerset and management of it.
    The thing what makes Sorcery OP is the weapon and power sets nerf 50 % was just to much, they just need to crank up the damage and or buff the counter damage

Greets.
    • Like x 1
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I considered that also the issue that sorc can still heal with the watcher but manage to do some great damage in 2v2s and 1v1s.
  6. Talve Dedicated Player

Just mentioned it because this scoreboard between healing is not a good example. I would be quite likely keep up with that sorcery healer on my nature setup if not even pass him. It's much easier to mess up as nature healer than it is to mess up as sorcery.

They do. It feels so because you can't see power bars for your opponents.
    CoP is actually not that amazing in efficiency. It costs 1123 power at CR 100. It's there to help when pressure is higher or watcher is being killed.
    Even Shard of Life is somewhat mediocre in 2v2. There are not enough targets to spread Bad Karma for scaling.
    Key is Ritualistic Word + Watcher. It's 642 power cost heal + HoT + provides enough power for Watcher to cast ~3 remedies.

What you need against sorc is constant high DPS burn. Every 8 seconds that the fight drags on more Ritualistic Words can be used and higher the efficiency goes. Every CoP and Shard you see means sorcery is closer to running out of power.

RPS will not really change much for Sorc healing. Watcher is not affected by your restoration. Even if you debuff Sorc healer and cut his restoration in half watcher will still bump out whose 1,8k heals (-25% for incoming heals). With RPS in game that poor nature healer would have quite likely been even further behind.

At some point CR 115 watcher Remedies in PvP went from ~1000 to ~1800. That's a huge cut in power consumption.
    • Like x 5
  7. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Great insight Talve
  8. Dibrie Committed Player

i Guess the damage would come from clipping weapons attacks with a power, the watcher itself hits for 1s atm,
    With the 5tap counter as it is, is it for the skilled player easy to clip 1 or 2 tap hold combos, get the damage while not being countered.

But that's guessing and my side tho :)
  9. Dibrie Committed Player

So you telling me pre GU56 and post GU56 there is change in power consumption in sorcery healing?
    I did not read that anywhere on the forum.
  10. Talve Dedicated Player

Not telling it changed exactly in GU 56, not saying it did not. Do not know exact update it sneaked in. Stopped actively playing after 5v5 scrims stopped over at USPC. Came back with GU 56 on test server. By a miracle watcher remedies have gone from ~1k to ~1.8k with nothing in patch notes and no one knowing about it.
    Sorc was widely used in USPC scrimmages before the watcher buff. Now with watcher being stronger and damage finally out of 1 shot region Ritualistic + Watcher combo is more ridiculous than ever.

Edit: unless they have already reverted the change. Have been working past ~4 days. Will finally log in later today and then can confirm if did hit live or not.
  11. Nitrac Well-Known Player

While the heals may be healing crazy amounts in 1v1s and 2v2s I personally like the way things are in 5s right now. It may be perfect once mitigation is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  12. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Yea thats the problem there's no issue in 4s and 5s with it just with 2s kind of annoying I can deal with it I guess.
  13. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

The damage isn't hard to figure out any role can do decent damage with the right weapon and clipping. The factor is his time window to do free damage, with the watcher being a healer and R.Word it opens up a sorc healer to have more of a window for getting off damage and not worry about dying in a 1v1 and 2s.
  14. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Why is it you people are calling for nerfs? Since when has pvp been based on what happens in 1s/2s? If there is something broken sure, but from what I've experienced it's all fine. I've come across a few gadgets dps that were like tanks, (don't nerf them either) and fire tanking is... you know. These aren't even 4s or 5s, I'm sure a lot of the problems left with pvp would be solved if they would reinstate the RPS system.
  15. Talve Dedicated Player

Personally i would still nerf Watcher + Ritualistic combo while buffing shard / circle slightly to even it out. No single heal should be as efficient as Ritualistic Word is right now.
    In my personal opinion the less sorc is dependent on Watcher the better. Would be easier to balance sorc healing if RPS does come back and being less reliant on AI is always good.
    Spreading out efficiency between moves will also slightly help when it comes balancing 2v2 while keeping power same for 5v5. Huge difference between 2v2 and 4v4+ is the rate of incoming damage. While in 4v4 you often have your whole loadout used to keep people alive, then in 2v2 it is much easier to get away abusing power efficient abilities like ritualistic is right now. This is the same reason why Insectoids don't do much damage in 5v5 but are beasts in 2v2. In 5v5 you often do not have time to do a combo and clip it with your heals. By the time you finish a combo you have fallen behind in healing by too much with how weak natures HoTs are. In 2v2 thou most of the times you have enough time to use your heals as clips instead. Suddenly damage skyrockets.
    • Like x 3
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

At the end of the day, weapons has been nerfed to much. I would bring up how if anyone get hit with a 6 tap they should atleast loose half there health, but tge risk has been taken out of that too. Still a weapon combo crit should be hitting more than 5-7k with players who have 25k health. I don't believe the devs are going to touch watcher or rw because of pve.
    I haven't did a 1v1 in years, and i was smacking folks on my nature/sorcery healer toons with pve gear.
    • Like x 1
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Don't confuse nerfs with proper fixes, I strive to make the game fun for everyone not everyone enjoys 4s or 5s matches so why should they have to go into a match with a powerset that is not in line with others just because me or you and some others feel it's just perfect for 4s and 5s? Nerfs and fixes are two different things. ;)
  18. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

And that is exactly what I was hinting at with the other poster with Sorc dude to how effective Watcher and R.Word is in 2s gives them a great window to do damage to the point other players not only have to keep up a high level of sustain dps on one but they also have to watch for counters because the healer can also do pretty good damage in 2s and 1s.
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I would honestly nerf the damage a player does in healer stance a bit more and call it a day. The margin for error when fighting a healer currently is to off balance with how the damage is currently is.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

You all have to keep pve in mind. Watcher has been nerfed for pvp before, i don't think the can fix one without messing it up for the other. In low add boss fights RW is the only AOE that's not 3sec that sorcery have. Shards and CoP is close combat heals