Sorcery Dps sucks

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by D3STROYERofTANKS, Jul 28, 2013.

1. D3STROYERofTANKS New Player

I was wondering if there any way that sorcery can have 3 might ticks on it cause right now i can only get 2 ticks unlike when i was quantum i had 3 ticks just wondering
    • Like x 1
  2. TDSK Committed Player

You can use Soul Well and Circle of Destruction (needs to have Bad Karma on enemies) for 3 ticks. Not sure if Soul well is kind of weak, I haven't played it in a while.
  3. D3STROYERofTANKS New Player

my load out consists of boon of souls,weapon of destiny,final ruin,soul well,karmic backlash and circle of destruction. I use no SC cause they suck and i still get no 3 ticks.
  4. jackdarkhero Active Player

sorcery isn't really a bad dps
    • Like x 1
  5. sonryo21 New Player

sorcery is the worst dps good luck beating your head against the wall trying to get it to work the pi's don't even function properly in that powerset. There are more than enough threads with videos that have documented this. I recommend switching powersets if you want to dps.
  6. QuackOff New Player

You can actually get four ticks with sorcery.
  7. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The casting order matters. Also forgot to add that RSA must be active for Boon of Souls to do damage back to enemies.
  8. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

I found the soul well good for boss fights only, but it did quite well if you had three of them up. Usually just used the watcher for trash mobs. I also found the bow to be the best weapon for dps'n with sorcery, flurry shot+WoD, or impact arrow clipped with karmic backlash.

I've always liked sorcery, too bad it's got so much hate on it atm.
  9. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

-_-

Sorcery -
    Enemy struck with bad karma, THEN hit by CoD = 2 ticks (without the PI it's only one)
    Soul well #1 - 3rd tick
    Soul well #2 - 4th tick
    Soul well #3 - 5th tick (obviously soul wells take a while to cast and you won't see all 3 save for boss fights, arena fights, and duration PVE fights like the first skirmish in Gates, etc)
    Enemies hitting you when boon has absorbed red soul aura - 6th tick

Each soul well will hit their own targets. That's 3. Circle will hit for one tick at a time unless you smack the enemy with bad karma prior to casting circle. They are also slowed down while in the circle when this PI is active, causing them to take more hits before leaving it.

As is often the case in PVE and PVP maps, there are tons of fodder enemies to activate red soul aura on yourself when a soul well has eaten a soul. Activating your shield turns it into an offensive weapon, similar to the lantern power shield. That's another tick, though at this point it's overkill and you needn't worry about using it as a weapon as much as you would simply remember to pop a shield when things get dicey.

Because you're bored and haven't tried this yet:
    Neo venom boost procs - 7th tick
    Heat vision procs - 8th tick

Stack wtih full auto, rifle grenades, rifle mortars, or arrow spam and it's BLEED BLEED BLEED, DIE DIE DIE.
  10. QuackOff New Player

Only 2 soul wells count not 3.