Sorcery Dps/Healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Turtle Owner, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Turtle Owner New Player

So even tho Sorcery is a cool and fun Power to use its not in the "Meta" of either Healing or dpsing (might).
    I think you can still Heal everything with it but its just not as easy than with other Powers like Celestial/Water/Nature
    since the Pet got a nerf its not viable anymore maybe only for Alerts. The Arbiter Spam is still op but in the current Meta u want the healers to spam their EoG the Support the Dpses and the Troll with Sc so u either have to choose between an Op sc or the Sc spam for your group. Maybe just buff the Pet of Sorcery so people start using the power again as healers like bigger Heals or more heals in that period of time.

For Dps its just Trash the projectiles can miss damage it takes a while to deal damage because the projectiles have to travel to the adds or bosses.
    There are no good rotations with it even ObsidianChill showed us that the damage is not very strong the way you play sorcery nowadays is just prec because u just lose so much damage as a might dps. Maybe by buffing the projectiles dmg it will be a better power bc sacrificing alot of damage for those abilitys to fly to your opponent is not worth playing that power and losing the chance to be top dps in the current Nature might and Electricity Might meta for Aoe dmg and Single Target. You could go Melee as sorcery but to get the most dmg out of melee rotations is to go superspeed and use Whirling Dervish. For Ranged AoE and ST dmg there is no good Loadout that could keep up with the other powers which is very sad and i hope they will change it

Mepps Change Sorcery
    • Like x 2
  2. Siramez Well-Known Player

3. Turtle Owner New Player

Not at all Sry
    • Like x 1
  4. Berza Committed Player

I switched from Sorcery some time ago, because healing is pretty hard and highly dependent on your team's positioning, but one of biggest problems I had ever find with Sorc dps was that Fury's A.I. should be called A.S. (artificial stupidity). What do I mean with this? Not only he will use his hard hitting power randomly (dealing 20k on adds with 2k remaining health), but also his combo rotation. He uses Pulse Beam. A combo that lasts for several seconds, and he won't switch target until the combo is finished. Despite of the actual target being dead. Also he has a combo chain in which he uses 3 or so range taps and then a hard hitting combo like Solar Flare or Meteor Blast, but again after a few seconds, when target is low on hp and in fact Fury loses high amounts of damage because he's hitting dead targets. I know there a few other fails in his A.I. regarding his attacks but I can't remember them right now. But the problem is Pfft powers for Sorcery were (if I'm right) tuned down due to the damage Fury is supposed to do. But not doing.
  5. Nerfmaster999 New Player

they need to nerf water and electric tbh because water shield should not be on that long same as electric and both those powers are too over powered 280 or 285 ct people are getting outhealed by water and electric healers with 279 or lower cr
    • Like x 1
  6. Berza Committed Player

Electric will outheal by millions almost any fight with friendly NPCs because one of its main healing power heals NPCs. Galvanize I think is the power. Water will outheal Sorc because Soul well + Circle of protection will never be as effective as the double healing circle water uses (don't recall name rn).
    But mainly because the only way to get the most out of Sorc healing is having your full group in melee range from the other ones. You need everybody be inside CoP always, inside Soul wells range always (if you use it), or you need everybody to be on melee-low mid range from bosses to get the healing from Shard of Life, Transmutation, Soul Siphon, etc. Or you can just use your priority heal, your 4 man heal, your 15 seconds CD 8 man and your shield. Because that healing pet does nothing more than attack and throw away melee range **** heals.
    So don't ask for nerfs in powersets that work, but improvings in the one doesn't work at all.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I would think with all the Fire Tanks, Rage and Precision Melee DPS out there, Sorcery would be super popular right now - COP may be a limited space but healing at ground zero of Raid Boss = Bonafide Shizznod. My Electric healer still tacos but Healer is definitely my weakest Role.
  8. DRAGON Z New Player

Very well put. I have been a sorcery healer for more than 8 years on my main. Also, I play the sorcery/ magic or wizard roles in nearly every rpg I've played; so I am not only devoted but virtually addicted. However, I can't help but notice that the Sorcery Powerset is a bit lacking when it comes to range heals. Yet, I ask why? Sorcery should be the most exciting power on the game, hands down. Sorcery should be one of those powersets with multiple PI, chiefly because the majority of its heals are target based. Eg. Circle of Destiny, Drop Shard over a COD (Circle of Destiny - [Destruction], [Protection] ) and magic meteorites should fall that either damage or heal over-time like rain. Use Transmutation; we should be able to summon beast that searches and heal or damage. (And my favorite) using soul well in a COD can increase its effective range (twice), and you simply refresh it by adding another when the cooldown expires.
    When I use Sorcery, I want to feel magical, dark, distant, and frankly op. Now, perhaps the Sorcery Powerset is a bit dull because it's an interpretation of Circe and others; however,.I think that most of us (longtime) Sorcery users can agree that either a buff to pets w/o arts is needed or a change in a few of its power interactions. Seeing how a lot of people don't like change (which is okay), we may be headed towards buffing pets back up. Frankly, I'm not interested in is the same "pet dependability" as before. I mean, if they debuff'em we cry; they buff'em and we re happy again. (I mean that's with any power, but again been Sorc for 8 years). I had since switched powers some two months ago, and I've got no plans of returning. But hey, blow my mind.
    Thanks for listening I guess
  9. Ryuvain Active Player

Yeah, sorcery needed help for a long time.
    I like Watcher, but he doesn't heal enough, gets into boss aoe a lot and dies, or gets stunned 10 times a second so he doesn't cast heals like he should.

They also took out most of the fun unique mechanics that sorcery had. Remember soul well healing you, or buffing allies on knockout? (I think it buffed or something in dps role.)
    Remember soul drain making enemies hurt each other with friendly fire? They homogenized sorcery so hard that dps side isn't fun compared to others. Dont get me started on projectiles.

Healing side is much harder to heal well with all other healers. I can pass alerts, but might have to use more soda or supply when I can heal just fine on the other powers. Watcher used to have a shield for himself in healer role.
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

N
    thats not entirely true. Sorcery dps while not being meta can actually do pretty well. You just have to be more careful than other dps. The loadout he posted is not the optimal loadout for sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  11. DRAGON Z New Player

I've honestly tested 90% of those rotations in January. Step better, drop freezing breath and add (ss) Whirling Dervish and V-trap. Great video but the damage was poor compared to other might dps. And he did not show us his Artifacts, sp, etc. Again, Sorc should be better. 1,800,000 total dmg in 30sec? Okay? Just saying, this changes absolutely nothing. My op :)
  12. DRAGON Z New Player

I have to disagree, nerfing every power too often will break the game. That's why current threads are calling for a balance! Examine PCE - very easy raid, in theory, however, getting all eight people to work together as a team is crucial. You'll stay in there avg. of 60-120mins w/o passing the first boss with a random (LFG certified, self-proclaiming "experienced" (or "op/expert") pug group or whatever they're going by these days [Alpha?] *Rolls eyes*). Believe it or not, raid mechanics can nerf a power. E.g., Nature, the boss's that go in and out of the damage phase, and cause you to lose/ waste your 50% guerilla form (for dots loadout). - Electricity, the number of ads surrounding a boss (or in general), can/ will drastically change its damage output. - Quantum, uninterruptible powers.. if you re not on your toes with predicting Lady Black Hawk (Example Only) bye-bye. - And Sorcery, unfortunately, a shallow, vapid Powerset with no attention. (However, a small confined space will help Sorcery(healing), but I hate those maps because you just can't zoom out enough). Dcuo is making great choices with their mechanics. You actually have to think, you are inclined to participate - standing in one place dpsing the entire raid will kill you (However end of dme seems to be too complicated for the average pug group for some reason, I don't know). You go ahead and debuff all the op might powers, turn everyone prec because our powersets are unpredictable, and prec will do good in almost anything, and I can no longer love this game as I have for the past eight years. Maybe I am the only one, but I like having options. Thank you, Devs, that we have options! Make the Sorcery Powerset better.
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

First of all we all now WD is broken. It’s obviously going to put outperform other moved and secondly the video in my profile isn’t a sorcery guide. It’s a basic rotation guide meant to show new players how to try different set ups when trying to test out new rotations instead of just blindly listening to someone who says that have the best loadout in the world
  14. DRAGON Z New Player

I am focused on the issues the thread creator posted. Thank you for the video (again), but we are discussing the limitations of the Sorcery Powerset. There is a reason that video is on YouTube; likewise, this forum here. If I just said that I tried 90% of the rotations he is using and it still changes nothing then we are literally back to square one. Back to the main issue of Sorc not keeping up with other powers. (Next are we going to upload a general healing guide for new players too?) I urge the members here to focus on finding the solutions to Sorcery's lag when compared to other powersets (Healer/Dps). Please start a new thread to discuss creating loadouts for "new players." And title it accordingly, otherwise some may find it a bit misleading.

Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines
    2) Communicate constructively -

Off-topic commentary for specific forum - topics or conversation inappropriate for a particular area *is unlikely to be seen by the intended audience* and can spawn distracting and non-productive discussions, as well as splitting otherwise useful discussions into multiple channels. Political, religious, or legal discussions are considered non constructive on Official Daybreak Games Forums.

Please take your time reading the Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines :p
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I don’t post that video in this thread. It’s a part of my signature which appears on every post I make...
  16. DRAGON Z New Player

I see now; you weren't referencing the video in your signature. Cool. But, you say it's not true that Sorc dps is weak, but provide no solutions. I am no longer Sorcery, but I am confident that others here that are searching report on Sorc to can benefit from this optimal loadout. Please, post data along with your claim :D (You are probably right).
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Didn’t say that sorcery is a top power. Unfortunately it is not. It does have down sides that other powers don’t have to deal with. And unfortunately if you remove that weakness than you also remove the uniqueness of the power too. If you want a solution than they would have to add a multiplier to the barrage. Make it so that if multiple orbs hit than they cause a chain reaction. This however could make it over powered in certain situations while making it underperforming in other areas (more common) areas.

Also other more simple solutions the devs seem to not want. They could revert back soul well changes. They could also double the amount of ticks that soul well does.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is my sorcery guide. Yes I’m aware that I didn’t add a melee loadout. This is because the only viable melee option for might is with the use of superspeed which I’m not including since not everyone has access too.