Sometimes I wish there were regulators in DCUO....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Emoney, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Emoney Dedicated Player

So I stopped playing a while back. Beat a few other games, decided to sub for one month, came back monday.

My main is fire, so I immediately noticed the scorching aura. I only had 130,000, (gave away cash when I left) and there were about 15 in the broker for 13 mil to 22 mil. I hustled my a** off and got 15 mil by last night. Within checking from before work, to last night, someone bought all 15 of them, there were ZERO scorching auras last night.

Then one popped up for 25 mil.

Today there are 3, 22 24 and 25 mil.

To whoever pulled that s*** before the capsule switched.....I hate you.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

REGULATORS!!!!!!!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

While I feel your pain, as I too have been stung in the past, its a free market economy, buy low sell high DCUO type world. Perhaps the buyer(s) over compensated for the items, and they will loose millions in the process. More than likely, they made an educated guess and elected to make their wager, trying to profit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*Queues Warren G*
    [IMG]

As for the OP, it's probably not much help, but if you have any mega capsules in your inventory, you can open them and see if you land a scorching aura.
    • Like x 4
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's simple, when something like this is going away people clean up house the last week with the prices usually being the lowest, so that they can flip it for maximum profit later. You just had a rough timing in coming back.
    • Like x 3
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Someone was doing that the whole time with the scorching auras.
    I have a couple scorching auras if you cannot find any for the right price. Send me a PM if you need help finding one.
    • Like x 2
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Ive seen people manipulate the market in this game over the years. But honestly, we live in a free market and things like this isnt allowed, its called a monopoly. My timing was horrible, but their actions are just immoral. I hope karma works in online gaming too.

As of right now, I have 15 mil....which is 2mil over mondays average of 13mil on the broker. If any kind soul would like to help me out by selling for that price I would be extremely grateful!
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Immoral...maybe...it's debatable. I'll tell you what it isn't though...illegal or against Terms of Service. It sucks, but that's how it goes. When you quit next time, give everything away except for your money.;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Like I said. Send me a pm and I will help you out. It drives me nuts that some people try to justify broker manipulation.
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
  11. Tilz Loyal Player

bad timing I guess... but nothing illegal. Just annoying.

I guess you're US server. I got my aura (from box) in my bank on EU server.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, no. You should look up what a monopoly is, and this isn't it. We don't need people to regulate anything. I bought multiple auras from the broker cause.....they will be worth more later. Sure there were scorching auras in there for 15 to 20 mil. Well by Xmas, they things could be worth 100mil or more.

You could always put a post on the forums and see if anyone would see you one for that amount. Some don't like paying the broker fee.
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

I still expect them to fluctuate for awhile....just keep an close eye on them and you may still find one in your range. Some people still have those TCs in their inventory that won't expire for about 2 weeks and others are holding on to the auras to sell for quick cash.
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

They missed their chance to regulate the economy long ago when they didn't reset after money glitches. The only way they'll manipulate it now is if it gives the company actual money, such as with Time Capsules burning through a hole through the in-game economy.

What's sad is that 25mil for anything even remotely rare is actually a fairly reasonable price for the broker.
  15. Emoney Dedicated Player

I know what it is. We are not talking a couple auras. Someone bought all 15-20 in less than 15 secs. They attempted to basically control the scorching aura market by buying them all, at the very moment they thought there wouldnt be anymore introduced into the market. (Even though the capsule is still dropping, I think they thought it was done.)

Reguardless, Knarlydude helped me out and proved that not everyone wants to exploit people for money.
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

Yes, compared to most rare items, 25 mil isnt bad. However, when about half of those were under 18mil, buying em up and reselling for a minimum of 25 mil is wrong.

See, if I had one to sell, Id just wait out the market, wait for most to sell out, then choose a price and sell. Thats far different than buying them all, and raising the price.
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Its funny, because Knarlydude revealed in another thread that he's the guy who bought them all up. So the guy who did what you're so upset about is the same guy who helped you...
  18. Emoney Dedicated Player

Well, if that is true, maybe you should link that info instead of just throwing out accusations. It seems fishy though that he'd do that, and then sell one to me 10 mil less than what he manipulated the market to.
  19. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Dunno. I do the samething. Glad you got your aura! :)