Something needs to be done about Base Amenities

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MinisterOfChance, Feb 16, 2013.

1. MinisterOfChance New Player

I have heard several people talk about this, and now that the DLC has been out a couple of weeks i see what they are saying. The Devs really need to put other avenues to get the base amenities in the game! I have wasted money on the Radar enhancers, i have scoured the market for 2 weeks now, and i still dont have any of the amenities collections complete. Yeah yeah its all luck, but the main reason I was excited about Home turf was the amenities, and so with the difficulty i am having getting them its been a real disapointment!

I think the devs need to add an In Game MOT Amenity Vendor, say 650 marks each and per character (this will encourage people to run missions which is what the devs should want). Go even a step further and put them on the cash market for say $10 each but across account, i would gladly spend the money just for the convenience. As of right now i am spending more time trying to collect these things then i am playing missions, and its starting to get frustrating. Normally I play at least a few hours each day, but i was so annoyed with trying to collect these that I didnt log on for 3 days! I am a Legendary Subscriber, but if the frustration level keeps building i am going to seriously need to find another game to play.

Please Devs, consider making the amenities availible some other way besides the collections!
    • Like x 24
  2. Ny Batteri Well-Known Player

How about spending money on exo radars instead and selling the exos you gather to pay for the collections you need?
    • Like x 1
  3. FunkYou New Player

lol, It took me 3-4 days only to get the bank, r&d station, sparing target, repair unit, mail box, broker ....all without radar enhancers, , its not that hard, you just need to have a lil patients and figure out where the collection spawn points are, go bak n forth to em for a bit, take lil break n go beat up something up for a while, n go bak looking when u feel like it.
    I suggest you try the ace chemical collections first as I found these the easiest to find, then steel works, and then arkham or strykers as they are the harder ones.
    • Like x 5
  4. YodaDog New Player

No. How bout you just get them just like everybody else has to? If the game just made everything worth having, so easy to acquire, it would ruin the fun... For some of us anyways.

Suck it up, buttercup.
    • Like x 10
  5. Ch3wtobacco New Player

if you are in a league join up with a few members and farm an area, phaseing occasionally,,,need/greed what you dont have and join up later to trade back and forth...most of the people in our league have gotten what they needed this way..long as its someone you trust not to be greedy and sell the rares...
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

I'm sorry you are having difficulty with collecting the Amenities but, welcome to PVE Grinding. Many people have grinded to complete the other Collections to gain Styles. Its the same principle. Farming sucks, but this is how the game goes and trust me, you'll find this in other MMOs and games. The Devs aren't going to change their minds on this one. Just get back out there and work at it. We all had/have to do it, stop looking for the easy way out.
    • Like x 6
  7. Radium Devoted Player

I thought this had to do with the amenity limit, how about that get looked at instead?
    • Like x 8
  8. NelsonMuntz New Player

9. The dark knight New Player

Yoda & Trex:

You guys should consider people who have more than one character. Can you imagine the amount of time that would be neccessary to obtain only the most important amenities for 5+ chars?
    • Like x 5
  10. Plum Crazy Committed Player

Yeah the grind can be painful the trick is knowing all or most of the collection spawn points camping just one area ain't gona net you much, at least it never did for me. I got all base amenities in two or three days by finding about 75% of them and dropping about 50mil in the broker to tie up the loose ends and rare collections..funny now a blue toothbrush cost nothing I payed 30mil lol (good thing it's super easy to make $ on this game). Now I just wish I could put all amenities up at one time and be able to warp to at least my leaguemates house
    • Like x 2
  11. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

This.
    • Like x 1
  12. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I'm ok with not getting the amenities (A-Manatees?). In fact,I don't have any reason to hang out at my base. I'd go to Yoda's,but he's always slipping us roofies.
    However,lately I've noticed fewer people camping those spots. Shouldn't be too hard to get those things now.
  13. Evie Syrena New Player

They never advertised that this DLC would be alt friendly. Which is disappointing, really.
    • Like x 2
  14. MinisterOfChance New Player

Wish i had 50 Million to drop - then it would be easy - but i dont have enough time to play to make that much - and i wasnt around for the duping thing. Took me a month to make enoug to get the stupid Superboy Plaque, going to take a year to get enough for the ones i need here, dont think its worth it,

I appreciate the positive input i have seen in this thread, as for the rude people - go troll another thread, thanks!
    • Like x 3
  15. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

BTW op,are you named after the Big Finish Minister of Chance"?
    [IMG]
  16. Plum Crazy Committed Player

A very easy way to keep up with this is by converting MoW to MoT but that's assuming you don't have a need for MoW.. I got one toon (that I care about anyway) so I imagine it would be tough keeping multitoons up...good luck:eek:
  17. Plum Crazy Committed Player

Actuall dude you really don't need to put alot of time in to make alot of cash (also I wasn't around for the cheats either). Example when AC3 came out I was sure I would never play dc again so I gave all my money ( around 200mil in total) probably about 50 stacks of exobits and anything else I had to a friend. Well as it turns out AC3 is a glitchy piece of crap and ubi is the worst company alive so I came back about a month ago. I already reached about 80mil and got stacks of bits in my inventory. Common misconception about making $ it's not really about time it's knowing exactly how to make money and make it in as little time possible
  18. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

The thing is people keep saying how the game isn't "alt friendly" just because it doesn't give you everything on all your characters even though you've only done it once. Regardless of how many characters a player has each character is an individual character. I have seven characters, four heroes and three villains. My main is a female sorc dps hero. My second is a male ice tank villain. They are individual characters, my ice tank villain is Main pt 2, or Main B. My villains is his own character. If I want to grind for ammenities on any character then I will. Honestly I don't get why people feel that just because they completed content on one character they should automatically get that content completed on any other characters they create. If you just wanted to try a different power or weapon they have respec tokens for that. Just doesn't make sense.

Yeah it might take time but you don't have to grind all of this out right now. Grind a little bit at a time and then play, then grind some more. Makes it easier. Wishing I had done that with exobits awhile ago since I want to mod my villain's T1 because I'm finding myself struggling with the T2 challenges so a little help would be nice. Only I don't have the red exobits to mod all the pieces and trying to find so many has become ridiculous when I'll go hunting for an hour and only get three reds but 10+ blue or yellow. So by only grinding a little at a time it doesn't feel so daunting.
  19. The dark knight New Player

please enlighten us, master.
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

Well, OP, you fell into their trap by buying the radar enhancers. That's exactly why they did it.

I disagree about amenities being sold by a vendor for MOT and I CERTAINLY disagree with selling amenities via Marketplace. They should have been included WITH the lair itself, and we should be able to place ALL of them. Period.

Making a topic about this issue is good, but it's even better to vote with your wallet. Don't buy radar enhancers.
    • Like x 3