Something I've noticed..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MiniReaperette, Aug 25, 2015.

1. MiniReaperette Level 30

So I currently have 2 main toon's that I use. One being an older toon that I made back around 2012. The other being a more recent toon, I think its creation date was mid 2014.
    Now something I noticed. The example I'll give is Labyrinth of Lost Souls. Drops 100 Ancient Amazon Noble gear.
    When this raid was new i ran both of my characters through it multiple times. What I noticed is...My newer toon got 100 gear immediately, Multiple pieces at that. While my older toon still hasn't recieved actual gear pieces as I call them (Chest Legs Feet Hands Back and Shoulders) At this point 100 gear is irrelevant to stats for me but still point being. It looked as though my older toon was getting shafted. Took more runs of the content to get drops. Not that its a bad thing but when you see someone who made they're toon a week ago get 4 pieces of 100 Or recently get 2 120 on they're first run. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Another thing I'm wondering. How are certain players getting a villian style every single promethium box they open. While others get hero styles that they already have over and over? (Archer contemporary tech retro tech) Saw a user a few days ago, Had basically the whole frozen fury set. It's like O_O What?!?!
  2. Tygerfyre Committed Player

What you're seeing is luck of the draw a.k.a. being at the mercy of the Random Number Generator (RNG). Some people get lucky and get the drops they want, some don't. It's not personal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pults Loyal Player

Pixie dust!
  4. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

With the risk of being sent to wear my tinfoil hat...i've noticed this too, new toons seem to have "easy" drops while my main is always getting the junk, you can't help but wonder...
    Then again, it could be some ridiculous luck.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. MiniReaperette Level 30

It may be luck but RNG hating on older users is pathetic. Watch new toons get everything handed to them. Collections, Iconics, OP gear, New gear drop rates.
    Can farm for hours for certain collection pieces find it 1 time in 3 days on my older toon, and john doe finds it 5 times in the matter of 12 hours.
    Can run Oan sciencells and get maybe 1 of the iconic gear drops per 7 runs. John doe runs it and gets the oan tech mask sector 13s and the energy battery pack all in 1 run.
    The promethium box RNG is making me sick. I have a list of villain style I would LOVE to have but I watch other users prance around wearing multiple pieces.