Somebody is replacing their name w/ another player in chat

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DynamiteGal, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DynamiteGal Active Player

Tried to post this on the issue tracker website but new that page and can't seem to create a new thread. So i will post this here and hopefully action is taken soon.

As the title says, somebody is somehow deleting their name and replacing it with whom ever they would like to replace it with. Was standing in the Hod (uspc) minding my own business, selling stuff on the broker, ect, and in the shout channel there was a lot of rotten aweful things being posted. Then suddenly I noticed that next to one of the things typed it said (YOU)......I KNOW I DIDN"T TYPE IT!!!!! So was it one person doing this or several. Either way, I am EXTREMELY upset. I would never ever type anything like what was said. EVER! And how do I prove that it wasn't me that typed it?!? Something needs to be done about this asap before more innocent people are victimized. I took screen shots too. I don't want to be in trouble or banned for something that I did NOT do! Nor should anyone else that this is happening to. This has to be stopped!

Oh, and half of what the post said was blurped out because I use the profanity filter.
  2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

this is a chat exploit that has been around for a very long time.

If it happens again, just enlarge the chat window to full and the name of the person that is actually typing the message will be displayed.
    SImply report the player then go open a ticket and mention the report.

The devs take this one seriously and will take action against those who use this chat exploit.

I would even go as far as taking a screenshot of it and forwarding it to a moderator or dev
    • Like x 1
  3. DynamiteGal Active Player

Thank you for your response swiftduck. Can you tell me how to enlarge the chat window? never had a reason to do so before. when i click the box in the upper right it gives me a maximize/minimize window icon but the window size doesn't change. maybe i have something in my settings that needs to be changed?

Also, If someone reported this post that I did not type, would the devs see it as this other person typing or would they only see my name? I value my account and my reputation in the game and don't need it jeopardized by whoever is doing this.

thank you again.
  4. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Just click the top right corner of the window and drag it to the right size...if you are Playstation then I honeslty do not know how to make the chat box full size but I'm sure someone here on the forums does.

If someone reports that post that really wasnt from you, you will not get any punishment as the devs can read the chat log to see who actually typed it.
  5. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Press Triangle to enlarge the chat box as far wide as it can go after opening the chat box.

I first experienced this on USPC and someone referred it as Masquerading. I don't think there is a proper name for this exploit so let's use that phrase because it's a mask of someone else pretending to be a certain person. I don't do this anymore but, I will admit I did. I would go into Metropolis and Gotham and pose as iconic Superheroes. With phrases like, "I am the Batman!" and "Keep fighting my Sisters!" and so on so forth. I just liked how happy people would get and start asking those heroes questions haha it was too cute to resist but then I learned it was indeed and exploit and I could be banned for it. Nope!
    • Like x 1
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You can also hold down triangle, and use the left analog stick to resize to something between the default min and max. I have my chat box set slightly wider than default, just so chat doesn't move quite so fast. Keep it short enough that you can see health/power for everyone in the raid, and you'll never have to mess with it again. The chat box is slightly transparent so you can still see the notification for a loot drop or queue through the chat box. I'm on PS4, but I think this worked on PS3 as well back when I was still using mine to play.
  7. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

This has been happening a lot on hero side USPS as well.
    • Like x 1
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Just widen up your chat window.
    There tends to be internet trolls who do this stuff just for giggles.

They use a trick like this: __________________________________________________________________[This name]:
    As you can see they space their whole chat out, to make it look like you're typing something.
    Really wish the dev team would do something about this nonsense.
  10. Rex Stone Level 30

If you feel you are being abused or harrased on chat, take a screen shot of what was said in your name and submit the ticket. Include your picture in the ticket. Everything that is said on chat is recorded by the chat system, that said, the Devs can determine who typed it. People that do this don't seem to get that when doing this you are hurting someone else's Reputation. I'm sure the Devs will penalize anyone for saying anything inappropriate in somebody's name. ;)
  11. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Somebody once actually had the balls to do this to Mepps.

Lets just say it didnt end well for that guy.
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I remember that it was funny .