solar amplifire question ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CptSkullCrush, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I was being sarcastic lol.

Pointing out that fear of change/replacement will lead to a perpetual state of procrastinating your progress ;)
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Go to the staff post tracker. The other day somebody asked if the stats from all the artifacts stack, and he said they all stack.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Just because he said it, doesn't mean they are, tbh I haven't even bothered checking, perhaps Foolsfire has, I don't know.
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Well, for one thing, I would trust the devs to know over a random player statement, for one thing.

Also, it's reasonable that they would stack, at least according to everything we've ever been told since the second slot was announced.

And third, testing would be very easy, if you have two artifacts at the same level with the same bonuses. I think scrap and omegahedron are identical, same with dilustel and lazarus pit.

If that's not possible because people don't have two at the same level, try this instead: Equip the one with the HIGHEST STATS first. Then equip the next one, with lower stats. If your stats stay the same, then they don't stack. If they increase at all, they stack. Bam.

[IMG]
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Also that video is from when only one Artifact slot existed.

If they don’t stack, it’s a bug. Cuz they are supposed to.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I just trust what I see.

I wasnt saying mepps was untrustworthy I'm just saying theres numerous occasions where things in the past have either been bugged or just never worked the way it was thought.
  7. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

This is all incorrect information. The artifact percentage buffs do all stack with each other. The only things that do not stack are the current group buffing artifact passives such as, Cog of Mageddon, Dilustel Refractor, Entwined Rings of Azar, Starheart Fragment, Tetrahedron of Urgrund, and Parasites Power Harness. Only one group buff of the same artifact will be in effect at any given time. So for example, if two people have Tetrahedron of Urgrund, only one of the passives will be in effect for the group. You can of course stack the the group passives with each other, just not with the same artifact.

This is slightly incorrect as well. They only appear red and green because the UI itself is severely outdated. There are currently two artifact slots, but the UI only sees it as one slot, similar to the slot sharing interface with the Utility Belt. It's only showing red or green because of the different types sharing the same slot. It has nothing to do of whether those stats get added to you or not.

Again, incorrect information. The stats as well as the passives stack with each other. I would highly recommend testing it for yourself and checking either current effects tab or your own stats to see for yourself.
    • Like x 5
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yea this is how I understood it to all be working as well, I wasnt discounting the fact some might be bugged of course.

Thanks for clarifying this for everyone.

I also understood the tetrahedron to work off the highest level, therefore if someone else was 120 for example your 100 artifact won't activate.

This actually means people can obviously put three different artifacts on and mooch off someone else's tetrahedron etc.
    • Like x 1
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

1) Then something must have been fixed. Because I did the math right when they came out with the second slot. I had both empty, added one, then added the other, then took out the first one. (The rest of what you said in that paragraph we are in agreement.)

2) Okay, didn't realize this. I thought they were just being consistent with the regular gear.

3) Adaptive Augments aka The Cybernetic Core's stats stack but not the abilities. This I know because I was irked when I spent the resources to break through the first level of my second core. Only to then read the following the next day...

"Adaptive Augments are Episode Specific and you can only wear 2 at a time. They can be 2 of the same name at amximum and the stats will stack but the specific Buffs they give will not."

https://www.dcuosourcewall.com/augments/
  10. Proxystar #Perception

That isn't correct, because I remember chill being upset about it not being exactly 4% it was something like 3.9% all from memory, this is obviously closer to 4% than 2% so they're clearly intending to stack from that.

Unless this has all been changed in the last few weeks?
    • Like x 2
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The specific buffs probably refer to attacks they shield you against at higher levels (like the ennervator beam). Having one lets you take 15%? less damage, but two probably don't mean you take 30% less damage.
  12. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

While that site is a nice guide, it's not official. I urge you to try this out for yourself and see. They in fact do stack with each other.

Here is an image from just now displaying the buffs in fact do stack.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Perdition Committed Player

I can verify that indeed the 2 cybernetic cores stack. This can easily be tested on support roles.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Perhaps with the release of new artifacts there could be a period of time (say 1-2 weeks) where the loss of experience when transferring from one artifact to a new (level 0) artifact is removed so people can test the new artifact to see if they like it... and if not, they can switch back to the old one... again with no loss of experience. The loss of XP restriction would be in place if you try to fortify an already leveled artifact into another.

Or maybe they could create a token in the marketplace that would allow you full transfer of experience... kinda like the seals of completion... and would allow you to just automatically level the new artifact to the current level permitted by the amount of XP without having to do the catalyst thing at every breakthrough along the way.

Yeah, I know... more P2W stuff... but given how a few people I know are already smelling a new artifact's imminent arrival and how we just had a double XP weekend... and the hopes of what some of these artifacts might bring... call it a sore point.