Up-Votes Needed SoBA Solo Elite Greed became un-targetable

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Hexxen, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Hexxen Level 30

Extremely annoying bug. Was almost done with Greed in Elite and suddenly he became un-targetable so he can't be damaged, and also he wasn't attacking me. Only Black Adam was interacting with him in the fight. Had to log out to get out of it.
    • Like x 4
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Do you/does anyone have any further details? It might help to know what powersets were in the fight, or what happened right before Greed went untargetable.
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I personally think this is happening when Greed enters his teleport/untargetable phase too soon from the last one happening, looking around on the room, it's when not enough of the destroyable treasure piles have respawned.

I got this bug to happen when using Fire, Gadgets and Celestial already, if you think that might help.
    • Like x 1
  5. Henoshock Well-Known Player

There's a similar bug where if you Entomb him as Earth and he gets encased, sometimes he just falls straight through the floor. I think the design of the fight may be flawed overall since once people get gear and can CC him while pushing past phases, he will bug out from phases getting skipped.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  7. RTX Well-Known Player

It is caused by killing Greed to fast, as you can see in the video of "LeagueOfV", "Destroy Treasures to Destract Greed",first row of piles he destroys 3, second row he destroys 3, third row he destroys 2, then row 4 already appier he destroys 1 pile, 5th row appiers shortly after also just 1 meaning that greed should have done his one shot attack. (Skipped)

Also Black Adam can kick Greed out of his one shot ability, which shouldn´t work, since code wise you´re supposed to destroy atleast 3 piles or you get punished.

We could easily avoid that if we double Greeds HP. Otherwise it would require some more code change

I´ve checked that and yes if he falls thru the ground or if i teleport him upwards he won´t spawn back into the fight area, on the x and y axis he will spawn back. (Obviously spawn back would mean restart of the fight, therefore looking at the collisions and the ability you mentioned would be the long term solution)
  8. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I'm not sure about raising his HP much higher than it already is; that may entice players to use stronger powers/methods to take him out faster, thus not solving the issue at all. If his HP is raised too high then it may be too hard to accomplish solo. I do agree that he is getting taken out too quickly and that is causing this issue.

Suggestion:
    instead of raising his HP, the devs should consider making it harder to take down his HP. For example; when he takes away your powers, he should be healing a little bit more as well. When you damage his treasure piles, he should get some health back if you don't damage all 6 of them. He could summon "greedlets" that he can absorb to gain health if you don't take them out.
    • Like x 1