So what do people do when,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gimpy, May 5, 2017.

1. Gimpy Loyal Player

a request/ complaint actually gets noticed and resolved in this game?

Do those that create those types of threads ever come back and say Thank You, Thanks, really appreciate it?

I haven't seen anyone do it.

I'm positive my ignore list isn't maxed out but there has been something going on for at least the past 2 days because I made sure to pay attention and actually search through chat after a long load screen.

I haven't seen a single GOLD SPAMMER posting in chat.

So is it just me and my iggy list has every last bot on it or did I just miss seeing the posts?

Anyone???????
  2. Riggs Well-Known Player

I've seen plenty of gold spammers.

I see more gold spam than I do conversations.
    • Like x 2
  3. Gimpy Loyal Player

I've seen them and place them on iggy as soon as I do.

I know I can't have all of them ignored.
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I saw a couple last night. I was glued to the LFG for 3 hours, lol. Don't remember how many, but I want to say not as many as I have seen before. Wonder if the bots were/are effected by the crazy phasing last night?
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

Or maybe people aren't that thankful, because most of the ideas that had been suggested to the devs were later on given, but twisted.
    • Like x 1
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I saw one the other day in shout in the HQ. I usually only see them in nightclubs or LFG, but sometimes they get bold and work their way into the HoD. I saw one in metropolis too but those are rare occurrences as well.
  7. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

If you havent seen them its not because of anything the devs have done lol. Those paying customers. Its faaaaar more likely that there are events going on and they r playing.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Gimpy .. I hate to break it to you but you may have just been really lucky and in the right places at the right times. So I just logged in to check because I would dearly love to see all those idiots totally gone and yeah a pile of them are on my ignore list.

Sadly that being said i went to the East End of Gotham Police Station and in less than one minute the exact same gold spammer broadcast twice. Stepped outside and within seconds another one was broadcasting in the city itself. The Spring event is on and a lot of players are swarming to Gotham to do the outdoor mission. The Spammers are set up in the safe house(s) and in the street to advertise and annoy as many players as possible. To clarify.. When I said I logged on I mean literally 5 minutes ago so unfortunately they are not all gone. Sorry to ruin your day buddy :( Honestly I was hoping you were correct I bounty hunt most nights with an ALT working on the feat for 500 Rogues defeated and there is a Gold Spammer in Gotham that has no control at all. I've seen him post repeatedly and sometimes so fast that his posts are back to back in my chat window.. and I have that set so LFG is always showing. Worst part is sometimes I'll see one of that clown's posts in shout, then the exact same spammer will post in LFG and then .. he posts again in shout. Well okay he did before he went on ignore but my guess? He's still there doing it . I just don't see it now.
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah I've been seeing more of those posts in the Watch Tower the past few weeks as well. not only are they annoying but getting pushy as well
  10. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Gold spammers, gold spammers everywhere. They're in open world shout, they're in safe house shout, they're in the Hall of Doom Shout, they're in the Watch Tower shout, the only safe place from them is either in instances or in your base. I think it's only a matter of time they infiltrate those places.
  11. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

I think the reason they aren't in the Hall of Doom is just because hero population is higher than villain so a spammer that puts in enough time to get the toon up to the trip to headquarters will more likely do it hero side to hit the bigger audience.
  12. saywhaaaaaaaat Well-Known Player

Gold spammers are useful, you can basically invite them to your group and farm your duel feats.
    • Like x 1
  13. Johnny0276 Dedicated Player

I logged on recently. First thing I noticed no spamming going on while going to Watchtower, when I picked up the Spring Seasonal open world mission. Went to the East End Station. No spamming inside there either. I was like hm, maybe they took a day off. Got outside, nope. There they were. Spamming it up like crazy.
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well there are some that pour out advertising so fast it can actually force other actual players to scroll back up to read things like posts in LFG where a team is forming they'd like to join or even a post from a friend in group or league chat just vanished from the screen before it could be finished.

Of course there is also the fact that what they are doing actually is in direct violation of the TOS but there are so many of them and its so difficult to REALLY get rid of them completely that I'll just say most not all but MOST games have completely given up trying. So their very presence send a very mixed message. If WE violate the toss, even by accident, chances are we get at least a short ban but there they are night after night trying to sell us in game cash for real money.

Now let's add in the many of those companies are guilty of two things 1. Stealing identities so anyone the spammer may actually dupe into visiting the web site and buying in game cash could easily find a number of huge charges on their credit card bill the next month. and 2. In many cases those "companies" are all but guilty of slave labor paying the people operating some of those bit next to nothing for all the time they spend in game advertising.

I'm sure if you asked enough folks they'd have even more reasons but there's about 3 or 4 good ones for you. If you want 5 how about I am on line, paying to play an MMo, if i wanted to be subjected to a pile of commercials I'd just log off and watch TV.
    • Like x 1
  15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Kinda answered your question there. They spam. On top of that there are people with many chats and seeing unnecessary or annoying phrases can be irritating.

That said I suggest that those who really find these spammers annoying just make some organized chats so you don't have to see it when you only want to speak with league or whatever.
    I.E
    My chats are:
    1. LFG, tell, trade
    2. League, group, trade
    3. Shout.
    4. Custom chats, tell.

Since I'm usually in custom chats I dont even encounter as many gold spammers as before and honestly I feel like they're on a break lol or maybe I /ignored so many of them.
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I recall reading observations about issue on test server that were included in the build for live server... what is the test server for? Should anyone bother? I can't recall, it's been years, i think it was before replay badges, but can a test server user repeat content within relevant content window of CR without spending replay badges?? Is a test server account given max RBs to use on test server? Play without regard to loot without RBs, is that normal usage testing? Does anyone do content they are not getting loot from?
  17. Here2Help Devoted Player

The problem definitely hasn't been fixed. It's a tough one for any MMO to fix. There's many hours per day over here on EU where the gold spamming makes up over 90% of what is being said on LFG. It's rather sad and annoying, sigh.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  19. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I want to pull all the gold bots into a pvp instance and make them fight to the death until there is only 1.
    • Like x 1
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

I have all the chats visible, haven't closed/deleted a single one of them.

It doesn't matter if I'm in WT/HoD or a Safe-house/Police Station/Open world/place location here I will see them when/if they post.

I saw 1, one, last night and only 1 and straight to the iggy list it went.

I know I don't have all the bots possible to be made by them on ignore, the iggy lists doesn't hold that many available names.

Maybe I am just getting online while they are taking a break or it's like Black said and the phasing has done something but that wouldn't account for not seeing them for the 2 days before the hotfix and Starro coming onshore.