So, what could the devs do to make this game more of an RPG?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Theterriblethunderlizard, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Theterriblethunderlizard New Player

I think it's recently been a thing to talk about how this game isn't really an RPG but a flat out action game. I don't know if that's true honestly. It's more like a weird hybrid to me, but I'd rather it go more towards the RPG side personally. I like the idea of character customization and making a character completely your own with a lot of diversity even if the storyline doesn't always reflect it (though if they could make the story do that again... captain Chris would be stoked.

One of my thoughts had to do with the problem based around guides and the order of powers that you supposedly must use at tier 5. It seems absurd to me to have the option for all of these powers in various trees and end up with more than half of them become completely and utterly useless. It just seems like bad support from the devs and ignores the very idea of playstyle and preference. I think the powers should be adjusted and balanced out to allow diversity and to create possible extra roles or hybrid roles that really do add something to the game (rather than just frustrate people).

Any thoughts otherwise?

btw, I would love for content to be more RPG oriented, but I don't know how well this game engine lends itself towards that end.
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

First the controller role needs adjusting, see General Zods guide to fixing the controller role. Second sp to percentages, see that thread as well. But most importantly More open world content and new cities other than metro and gotham. Possible specialization could be introduced to help out, for instance your character can specialize in 2 stats other than your off role stat that boost by a combination of skill points and CR. Lots of possibilities out there.