So we're in need of a new episode very soon because

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dr Nastiobous, Feb 1, 2018.

1. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

Sorry to be that guy but this is simply untrue. In fact at launch the idea was to have monthly episodes like “issues” but poor planning showed this to be a failboat idea. Part of that poor planning included using the excuse “the Sony PlayStation update system is tricky.” We later learned more about what tricky meant, but nonetheless just thought you should know. Also, op is just stating his opinion, not sure about the matter-of-factly tone of your corrective response. Just sayin (kinda like you were to him.) :)
    • Like x 2
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sigh. I use to care about OP pieces and elite gear. Now. I just don't. Its just such a time and either real life money or in game money sink that it's exhausting. You don't need ANY of it other than so people look at you and say ooooo you're top CR. I just don't care anymore. I get my regular vendor gear now, sell collections and don't waste my time and money on replays trying to get renown in elite anymore. For what? It all gets replaced. Then do it all again? Nah.

The game starts to feel like a job when you play it like that. To make it worse they now tie feats to elite gear i have no interest in and op gear i have no interest in. What happened to the reward itself being the reward? The attachment of feats to this stuff has gotta go. If you think its gonna hook me to chase it, no thanks. The smallness of the DLCs and the tedious grind due to repetitive content has actually made me miss rng drops of elite and regular gear with vendor being 2nd best. THAT is sad because i was a huge supporter of best gear in vendor.

Tbh I loathe elite gear in general. I miss the days when vendor gear was just regular top gear. No elite gear, no random drops that were better than vendor gear. They put best gear in vendor but now because of elite you need that if you really want the best and that excludes a lot of people and is an additional money sink if you want to finish your sets in relevancy and actually enjoy them before replacement.

I found myself completing sets faster via rng than this job like grind the vendor gear has turned into. I like to grind but when its the same 4 pieces of content and a few open world missions that's not an enjoyable grind. Ive only been having fun on this game again because of the fact i stopped caring. Shame. Lol.
    • Like x 3
  3. Ringz Dedicated Player

So the answers I'm reading is grind for gear that is not needed or makes a difference on a competitive level or even needed for elite content since its "casual friendly" or non existent of sm.

Then to get your sp up even tho majority of sp is behind rng pay wall.

You guys are funny on Thursdays huh.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Since revamp, the gear just isn’t adding enough difference to matter (mods and SP haven’t mattered for a long time). On the latest episode, from release day to elite gear completion, it plays almost exactly the same. No easier; no faster. There is little point to chasing the gear except for the cr gate to get into upcoming new content.

That’s not a commentary on content being too easy - it’s an example of how it has to playable day one because the new gear isn’t going to change the experience. The soft progression curve from the revamp is responsible for that.
    • Like x 2
  5. Ringz Dedicated Player

Then they have screwed themselves off of longevity and should not be surprised when they get threads like these. Folks can rebuttal all they want that dcuo is its own game, let it do its own thing, but when we're talking about the principles of an mmo, content being completed day 1 on both levels?? Im not gonna argue for this case again either way.

You dont force progression, you let it happen naturally. Modding and gearing up to the top current dls is extremely useless, but hey... Theres feats attached to them.

I will end with this, when a green name even he himself states "We will make modding worth it" in a thread about progression being useless, that should tell what they think about the current progression too
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I wish people would stop bringing the first day completion thing up. The revamp for better or worse has killed of the concept of feeling progress within an episode while it’s still relevant. The only way they could stop it now is to put in some mechanic that’s so bizarre and incomprehensible that it takes a few days to work out. I’m not necessarily against doing that, but I don’t think it would make people any happier.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i agree with the op. just when you think things can't get any worse...

i didn't do things the way i normally would this dlc. i run much less group content, i went from working on about a dozen characters to just running some stuff on my main and occasionally another character. theres no variety to the dailies. open world content got extremely boring after just a couple of weeks. just trudging along slowly without replaying i'm at 4/8 elite and i just don't feel like grinding out the marks needed for the other four pieces let alone the two collections i need to get op gear. mental still sucks with elite gear, top tier mods and blue artifacts. on the troll side the 193 raid drops i scored are more than enough to get me through everything in game. theres no sense of urgency, no sense of things getting better. i had the day off yesterday, reset day too and i barely played. i did lag out due to inactivity a few times...

since amazon fury 3 i find that if you want elite gear and the op pieces you have to gun for them from the start but the way i would go about doing it would require some patience and juggling a couple of characters at least two of which should be able to clear elite content...

but that ship has sailed...

i'm hoping whatever content comes next the devs are wise enough to include some better developed solo content because the way things are going...
  8. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I could not disagree more.

I’m in the process of leveling an alt which is something I never thought I’d do. Progressing through the tiers I can feel the difference between when I just get to the minimum CR and when I’m near the next tier breakthrough. I’ve felt this over and over as I’ve leveled this toon. Just getting by when I first get to a tier and then being in complete control when I reach the back end of the tier.

As far as end game, I had been 225 for a good while. I was going to but the op head before buying the elite gear (messed up and bought the regular gear first). But I decided I’d go ahead and just buy all the elite gear and get the gear and get it out of the way and then I’d only have one thing left to buy.

Anyways, the point is that I could feel the difference when I got the elite gear.

I don’t know how long you or anyone else has been playing but this feels like old school dc to me and I love it actually. I like the longer time periods between episodes
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Been playing since beta testing in November 2010.

I started Earth 3 with the highest possible gear and mods available up to and through Riddled with Crime (including op gear); and I now have the highest possible gear and mods Earth 3 provided (including op gear and two 100 level artifacts). In both dps and troll role, I don’t see a noticeable change in how the newest content plays (which includes Riddled with Crime).

The progression curve is now like the earth. It curves if you look at it from a far away distance, but up close the curve looks like this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. Dr Nastiobous Well-Known Player

Ask and you shall receive!!
    • Like x 2
  11. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  12. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

go outside
  13. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I thought AF3 was released in November
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

AF 3 was released mid-November.
  15. Dene Devoted Player

Outside is a Crap game.. it is sooooo p2w

Full of grindy stuff too.. graphics seem good though
    • Like x 1
  16. silversuitcase Active Player

I like the dead time in dcuo while when there's nothing to do because it gives me time to do the grindy repetitive feats that need to be done. 250 battle for earth duos, 500 CC bounties, LPVE, 100 origin crisis solos etc etc
    • Like x 2
  17. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

they actually come in ULTRA 4k now!!!!
  18. Dene Devoted Player

so life like.. oh wait

lol