So... water...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Nov 10, 2023.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

SO I switched one of my alt's powersets to Water as I LOVE playing as a healer on my main. Was hoping that this awesome community could give me some pointers on loadouts, and maybe even some point me to some good guides.

Thanks in advance. :D
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What have you tried so far?
    What arts do you currently have?
    What do you normally run/plan to run?
    Do you have a preferred play style you’d like help optimizing?
    How many armories do you have to dps with?

I ask these because it’s normally better to give advice based on how you play more so that changing your play style. This is because you’ll normally play better if you are familiar with the play style. Also, this is a game. So play using the play style you prefer lol.
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

There's so many ways to build water, so as Deity asked: artifacts, allies, skill points are important pieces of info to get you started.
  4. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

For ST:
    Trans, Strat, Solar.

Ebb combo > clip Heat Vision > Ebb combo > clip Torrent > repeat, RSK, Bubble, Dehydrate

Dehydrate does not ruin Hard Knocks Feats and hits like a nuke. Does not work with EoG or Scrap. I aim to use it at 50 or 75% depending on when I have Buff from Supply, Shazam or Batman Card, using the shield and dmg buff icon under health bar to see how much SC I have. 50% does exact half of 100% with 2 chances to crit and not "wasting" SC regen while waiting on a buff.

For AoE:
    Trans, Strat, Grim or Quis

Depth Charge > clip High Tide > Tsunami Strike combo > clip Aqualance > Depth Charge > Tsunami Strike combo > Depth Charge > Tsunami Strike > repeat, Bubble/RSK, RSK/Call of the Depth

I have another AoE that uses Trans, Scrap, EoG for more hard hitting Call of the Depth, but I can't remember the LO off the top of my head.

Bubble is both a Shield and it will do 3 additional dmg ticks while it's active. It will get overridden by other Heal Shields and Clarion. It can not break Nature's Swarm Shield or Sorcery's Boon of Souls. I don't remember if it can break Electric's Shield.

For BHeal I use Prec DW/Flurry Shot and Brawling/Shuriken
    Clarion, Trans, Strat/Fang

Weapon Buff, Riptide, RSK, Solace of the Sea, Bubble, Tempest Guard.

I mostly use this to solo Bounties and in Alerts.
    • Like x 1
  5. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

For Full Heal:
    PHR, Page, Fang/Trans/Starheart (no, not a joke. 120 PHR + 200 Page is more than I need. Fang if Troll has 0 Vit. May as well buff Tetra/Cog)

Priority, Riptide, Group, Solace of the Sea, Bubble, Tempest Guard.

SoS > Riptide > SoS provides a decent HoT. Tempest can be a group-wide BLOCK button. Tempest cam also give a breather to people insisting on standing in damage.

I've never tried Flood of Power as I've never liked the idea of relying on SC on my Roles except Troll SC Shield and EoG Heal pre-nerf.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Tips for water:

I've messed with several High Tide load outs and none of them work well for healing. As a rule, the effects just aren't worth the load-out slot. Also, the Purple Healing Ray artifact gives you similar effects.

The way content is designed of late burst heals and shields are the most effective moves for a healer. Most content can be healed using primarily the 2-person and 4 person bursts that all power sets have access to.

Riptide, on the other hand, has really great healing uses:
    • If you have the Transformation Card+Strategist card, 2 overlapping Solace of the Sea pools remains a very effective way to heal the group.
    • You can use it to effectively shorten the cool down of your 4 or 8 person shield to 12 seconds. You basically always have a shield ready.
    Flood of Power is a great supercharge for healing-- especially if you run with trolls who are stingy with giving out power. Try to make sure every ability on your bar is on cool down before using it.
    • Like x 1
  7. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

So Healing I've been playing with Tsunami, Group Heal, Bubble, Sea of Solice (SoS), Riptide (Rip) and Flood of Power (FoP).
    For artifacts I'm using are Page, Strat Card, and Purple Healing Ray. though since this character is a lower CR these are still low
    My Allies are Cyborg (support), Crypto (single target) don't yet have a third for this one as like I said, is still very low CR (140 currently lol... yep, she's a baby)

the ability to either quad cast SoS or Bubble is AMAZING for those oh cr@p moments awesome.

typical rotation is SoS, Riptide, Bubble, Tsunami (combo), grroup Heal, Weapon Combo Repeat. If I need to burst heal, I Quad cast Bubble by going Bubble, Rip, Bubble, FoP, Bubble, Ript, Bubble... this shields the WHOLE group with basically double shields meaning I can spam group heals with SoS going... OR If I want more healing 4x stacking HoT) it becomes Bubble, SoS, Rip, SoS, FoP, SoS, Rip, SoS

For DPS, I've been running Drown, Tsunami, Aqualance, Depth Charge, Torrent, Call of the deep (CotD).

Rotation is Drown (to apply P.I.), Aqualance, jump cancel, Depth charge, Torrent, Tsunami, repeat, Whenever CotD is ready activate

it's not a great rotation but I'm not at the bottom of the pile for damage so I guess it's ok lol. main thing is making sure I don't die and keep the burn going.