so...server merge is coming...thats great but..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by just an honest dps, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Lady Fayte New Player

Nope. Won't use the in-game chat unless I know the people (as in, same league at the very least). Most stuff can be done effectively without voice chat and I'd rather avoid two things.
    1. Listening to idiots (includes foul mouths, people with loud company, etc)
    2. Making people suffer through a two year old's tantrums should they occur.
    (Doesn't make a difference if my husband is watching him. He throws a fit and he comes right to the other parent to throw it.)

PS users will have to be just as willing to adapt and change as the PC users will. Depending on how differently things are done in various situations... it is unreasonable to expect either side to completely buckle and go with the other guys (and gals) in their ways.
    • Like x 2
  2. Reformed New Player

They are most likely going to port the PC players over to the PS servers, and use the current PC servers for XBOne. They should really update their server tech across the board, but I don't really see that happening.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Nope, there's just way too many PS users compared to PC users for your point to be valid...

If the Ps community doesn't cave and they are excluded from running with PC users then it literally wouldn't affect anything 1%...whereas PC users need all the members they can get in the current state of that server
  4. Lady Fayte New Player

If you say so. We have no proof either way until the merge happens. As the saying goes, "Time will tell."
    • Like x 1
  5. MuTeDx Committed Player

Ive ran plenty of PUG DOX pre-nerf on PS without my mic on and I never got kicked. Unless its way more poison now raid groups care more that you know your role, help with mechanics or at least know them, and help with pickups. As far as I know there is no alert group that cares about mics.
    • Like x 1
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Your whole reasoning just proved that Lady Fayte's post is as valid as it can get. I won't be using the in-game voicechat just because PS users tell me to. I don't want to hear random people chewing, letting off a fart, hearing their kids or pets screaming/barking/making noices in the background etc etc. everytime i'm in an instance unless i absolutely HAVE TO. You have no right to FORCE me to do that, get over yourself.
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

If you call me ignorant after typing the post you did, you really need to reread your own post X number of times so you really realize what you really just typed there. Your post generally screamed "PS population is bigger, bend over, you got no choice". So excuse me, but i'm not really a fan of that kind of dictator-mentality since it's the LAST thing we need in an upcoming server-merge that's supposed to be a POSITIVE thing. Please don't ruin that.
  8. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

Not sure where this notion of PS players kick people who don't have mics came from. I for one, rarely ever use my mic, and typically only use it in-game voice chat if I'm talking with league members. Like you said, I don't want to constantly hear things that would cause annoyance. The "kick this person because they don't have a mic" is something that will happen when the group is incompetent. Should you be kicked because of this reason, consider yourself lucky because you would have been in the instance for much longer than you needed to be.
    • Like x 1
  9. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I missed something. When and where was it said the servers a merging?
  10. Minnion Devoted Player

Search "Crossplay"
  11. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The PS bias, while not bogus, has always seem to have been more an online thing these days (than again if I ever have to pug I tend to form the group and I pretty much just don't take people who want me to have restraints in my group) but I know it still happens.

I just wish it would happen less and that people would tend to be kinder but than that's just me :p
    • Like x 1
  12. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Thanks. Found it. And after reading this thread and the other threads I hope they shove that idea up someone's rear. What makes PS players think that PC "needs" crossplay. I'm a Legendary member on PC so logging in will never effect me, my son on the other hand is a premium member on PS. He already has a long enough wait time to play. We have enough players on PC to make the game fun. We have no problem getting into content. In on hour on USPC I can log in and run the T7 solo, both duos, and the alert with no problem getting a group of friendly players. What makes PS players realy think we "need" a merger?
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But my farts are hysterical... :p:D
  14. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I can't speak about the forum members that play on PS, but there is way to much chat going on in the PS shout box that kids don't need to see. To many of the PS players seem to be very immature and rude. Like I said, I'm not bashing the console or people here (except for those that think we need it), but just to much trash in those shout boxes.
  15. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

While I don't necessarily disagree with your thoughts about what people post in ps shout boxes, I do think if their are children playing this game (which would be to a degree understandable you do get to be your own superhero) it is rated teen for a reason (and it disclaims this on the box where the rating is) and that a parent should be watching what their children plays and can actually turn off shouts etc.

If their a teenage and you happen to just use the term children, well they unfortunately probably have heard or seen worse at school.
  16. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I agree, and like you said, children love the game. My 6 year old likes to make characters and fly around. He just wants to be Superman, Batman, or the Flash. My 10 year old actually plays the game. The game is rated teen for the violence content and some language used by the NPCs. And yea I know the shoutbox is not rated, but that doesn't excuse what you see in the PS SB vs the PC SB. Yes there are some nasty talking people on PC and I'm not going to deny that, but it is far more prominent on the PS.
  17. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

The only other thing to add is far more people play on the ps, therefore it is more of a probability to run into creeps or jerks than on the pc, where the population is listed as far lower.
  18. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Those free cash here spams are the bane of the PC shout box. Otherwise I think we are to busy putting together groups. Our main "bad" crowd seems to be on very early in the morning (before server restart).
    • Like x 1
  19. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Oh yeah, and while we do have a lower population, it's like a just right population. Like I said it's easy to get into content, unless you're a villain.
  20. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Saying anyone MUST use this or that OPTIONAL feature in a game is silly...other posters have said they hate voice because it does not necessarily make communicating easier and it is annoying to hear...I agree with that... more than half the time you do not hear vital information as much as someone else's bad taste in music or screaming at the top of their lungs children...or dog barking...always important...to hear the dog mindlessly howl...it tells me so much...
    • Like x 1