So... no dev update so far

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Seems like the future for DCUO is not looking great...
    Just a bunch of recycled events, episodes, and more styles and allies. No new mechanics, abilities expanded, vfx update, graphical upgrades just manteinance, life support stuff. Meh.
    • Like x 8
  2. Eve YouTuber

I think they are planning to post it with the Anniversary Event tomorrow, they are being pretty quiet (Maybe cause they also got a new creative director recently, aswell. According to the Dimensional Ink website)
    • Like x 5
  3. zNot Loyal Player

They definetly managed to fill out most of the previously empty spots with new devs but we will need to see how it will impact the game and what those devs are going to work on.
    • Like x 6
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'm sure we'll get an announcement any second now.........

Anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy second......................................................................
    ....................................................................................................................

...................................................................................:oops:
    • Like x 4
  5. PrinceD Active Player

yes, last year we felt the effects of the lack of devs, I remember reading an article in 2022 that last year(2023) the game would receive more attention and investment, but after the news from EG7 expectations dropped a lot, I hope that tomorrow there will be light about the future of the game.
    • Like x 1
  6. KidKretz Committed Player

heading to bed, came here to read about the fun time im suppose to have tomorrow.....finding nothing was also weird to me.

oh well, one thing i can count on is that tomorrow is coming regardless :)

goodluck everyone!
    • Like x 2
  7. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

I forgot about the dev announcement, i forgot about the coming anniversary as well..

I barely play dcuo nowadays, i actually spend more time here then in game. I maybee played dcuo 50 times in 2023, definitely never completed a monthly login.

I miss dcuo, i really do. not what we have now, but what we had then… i wish i could go back to the trilogies, play with my dad who is passed on now 4 years.. its a shame the magic that this game had, I wonder what we woulda had if jens had just stayed a few more years
    • Like x 4
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Soon
    • Like x 1
  9. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Even Sooner
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

Why are they waiting? A surprise that we'll still wait up to 8hrs downtime after SURPRISE!!!
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There will be no 8hrs downtime tomorrow. ;)
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get the January Dev Update this week, let alone tomorrow with the Anniv Event. Ever since our current "dark era" began in 2022, it feels like we're practically begging them to share what's coming up vs them openly sharing and hyping up the community.

So obligatory "January 31st is when they'll drop the update" answer.
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Remember, they dont do roadmaps. Last one they did was announcing Water and then two years later it was finally released. They wont announce anything unless they for sure have it slated to be on time. Its the first week back in the office, Anni event drops tomorrow. We may indeed see a letter but Im expecting more Friday or sometime next week.
    • Like x 2
  14. WhiteLanternNC Level 30

Is it even coming out tomorrow ? There's been no announcement about the anniversary or anything about the new Booster bundle that coming out with it . I'm just wondering if the date has been changed and we won't find out till tomorrow.
  15. Cypharr Committed Player

I hope you're right. My life is usually in utter disarray when ever a downtime is active. I find myself looking to the fake real world for entertainment. The only real world I know is gaming which DCUO takes the cake. Besides I don't want women to know I exist cos I'm quite irresistible, chances are I'll attract Lindey Hill vides cos of my persona.
    • Like x 1
  16. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Didn't they bundle it with the last downtime? I seem to recall Mepps saying that.

He did;
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

Already live for EU.
  18. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Im predicting 2 dlcs this year & them hype up this next gen port that too way to long to put out.

was recently made aware that the ps5 update isn’t even even a graphic tweak… its like load screen n stuff, ion care about these 10 second load screens that we currently have!

I know the dark days of dcuo comment is being tossed around a lot, & i know that this game cant last forever… but after 10 years I thought there’d be more fan service as basically every year past 10 the game is in the bonus.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You can't forget the influx of new monetization content!
    More Time Capsules and the like, right on time dropped at your door and hiding in your shower ready to pop out and yell HERE I AM xD
    • Like x 1
  20. Jcal Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5