So next season..

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Volaron, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Redscreen5 New Player

Seasonal PvP = no stability... Full Checkmate: one day the best, next day useless soon to happen with current Vengance / Punchline: one day the best, next day useless. A continual process of time wasting and its repetitive and boring.

Within one day ill spam out replays for the best gear. I wan't to Que 5's and 4's but the matchmaking is slacking aload of pugs running around. We look for pre-mades half the most competitive individuals and groups gone. Alternative "Ok i'll run a few 1v1" = more noobs and lower gear individuals

Now your telling me with the next season this whole episode is going to happen again. That is my lifes story with PvPing. The competitive aspect of it is non existent. The new raids and genuine PvE seems to be in a strong place currently, but PvP is heading down the wrong direction if you ask me. No value or excitement in playing it, good luck to those who haven't purchased replays id be surprised if anyone's finish from only running of weekly lockouts.
  2. Redscreen5 New Player

3. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

The main thing is that PvP seasons shouldnt be just to get the best gear. It should be to first get the best gear , then compete with it.
    Having it that your only achievement for a PvP season is to JUST get some gear ??? Really tho ..

You need to have some sort of rating system so people can compete for rating using the best gear the get in that season.
    I understand SoE is using a format to just make money, but your also suppose to want to make a great game that has a great PvP system in it and not with a broken PvP system.

PvP seasons are suppose to be a "season" ... you know where teams compete to finish on top.
    Why make PvP a casual thing ? And not something people should want to work hard for to achieve something other than just gear and feats.
    • Like x 3
  4. Volaron New Player

Tried doing this yesterday. It's run through my mind before but it wasn't until yesterday that it clicked. You wouldn't have to mod, or replay, or keep HT up, or grind. Like you said you wouldn't have to wait for people to gear up, you'd go straight into it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Zypher New Player

Spider's on the same page as well. If we get people into it, we generally won't even have to bother with the nonsense they put out. The gear really doesn't matter so long as everyone is on the set and ready to go.
    • Like x 1
  6. Spidersting Committed Player

I am going to start trying to get more people on the same page once i get back from vegas. This month i have had to many parties and junk to go to so i couldn't really dedicate time to getting this going but I was trying to plant the seed so it might get noticed before hand. Yziah also has plans to try to set up some stuff in conjuction with this idea to help newer pvp players learn.
    • Like x 1