So I'm back! And WTH happen?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

So I took a break from the PC to write my new book. I buy a new PS4, and decide to play DCUO on it. Now first off, I must say the graphic from PS3 to PS4 are amazing, and the fps are excellent! So no ***** there. Moving forward, I play the free content until CR 30, then with limited bag space, I of course upgrade to member. Now since I am accustom to the game, I get enough gear to start raiding.

I'm pumped! The game brings back not so distant memories. I'm running with a lot of pugs, which has its ups and downs, but as soon as I get through a FOS run I notice my monthly reward marks aren't there! At first I thought to myself, eh...they might have been just uploaded into my currency automatically. I proceed to check, and of course...there not! I'm scratching my head and decide to check out t4 and t5 prices. All of sudden, I'm shocked from seeing the price reductions! With that being said, is this why the marks aren't dropping in the reward chests? Also, if this is the case, why not lower generator costs as well?
  2. DustyAnkh Loyal Player

The generator costs were lowered as well, and those upgrades last 60 days.
    • Like x 4
  3. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

This makes complete sense. However, I really wish they add a discloser on the raid tab as a for warning to players. Lol
  4. Skidmarc Committed Player

To be honest we do wonder the same sometimes ; ) In all honesty, the single mark system works well. The mark relevency..less so at present. A few of the other changes, not so much. BUT...we don't know what the future holds, good changes could be just around the bend. Cross faction pve is a good start.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Boost 3 mainframe costs were lowered. Boost 1 and 2 remain the same because its a one-time purchase, you don't need to re-buy monthly.
    • Like x 2
  6. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

We're you capped on marks? It's a 100 limit
  7. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

The changes you are talking about happened in GU47, you should look it up to get the full details.

Basically we went to a single currency for all endgame content (no more symbols), with that they reduce both the costs of tier gear and the amount of rewards form content you get (rewards are on level with the how T1 was). Gear pretty much costs all the same now, with just some slight differences. There is also a cap of 100 Marks, so make sure to spend them or lose them.

The thing GU47 brought that I and many others feel was bad is a content relevancy. With this once you get to a certain CR lower tier content becomes irrelevant and you can no longer get Marks from them but you can still get drops and do feats. You are able to see the relevancy windows in the descriptions of instances on the On Duty Tab.

As has been said they increased the generator's time to 2 months so the price evens out.
    • Like x 1