So.... I thought this was changed on the test server

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ace1, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Ace1 Dedicated Player

o Also note that although the "Breakout" game effect (noted by a character flashing white) will prevent counter attack knockdown from being applied it does not prevent that character from receiving extra counter attack damage or from granting counter immunity (blue flash) to his opponent.

This is so unbalanced it makes me shed a tear. I'll use legends as an example.

If I counter someone who has previously broken out or popped a trinket they will not get knocked down........ Yes they still take counter damage but in legends counter damage isn't where the burst is, the big burst damage In legends comes from going all in once your opponent is on the ground.

This will make Dot bases characters better on the long run.
    • Like x 6
  2. Troll Zama New Player

Smh I knew when I read it in the patch notes and it didn't say "PVE will have these breakout changes" after the HUGE debate that this was coming it took away all my excitement from the update...
    • Like x 2
  3. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They didn't change this after Tunso had said otherwise. Great. And they still have yet to give a reason as to why they wanted it changed to this horrid system.

EDIT: InB4 Clutchmeister.
    • Like x 5
  4. Avatar of Skill New Player

This plus the DOT stacking AM that also gives power back to the user. I'm scared to see how pvp is now
    • Like x 1
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Have you tested it out yet?

I'm pretty sure Tunso said that the system was still going in for PvE, but it was going to be removed from PvP.
    • Like x 1
  6. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

So CC has been fixed? Or is this something else?
  7. Kaiser Bloodcode New Player

For the sake of trying to resuscitate an already flagging PvP scene, I really hope this is true. The only thing I foresee if this stays in PvP is shield pop, WM spam. Doesn't matter if you get blocked, just breakout and your shield eats the counter damage. Continue spamming WM. In full Android modded, you'll still hit hard enough to crush people through block.
    • Like x 1
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

That's not the point. The point is that it never should have hit live when the opposition to the idea was clear several weeks ago.

If I'm reading it correctly, breaking out of crowd control effects now gives you immunity to counter mechanics.
  9. Kaiser Bloodcode New Player

Not even just DoT based. I already see Circes in Legends lairs pop PvP trinkets just before the cutscene starts. This lets them spam powers and get a free Solar Flame out before they're even able to be CC'd. Obviously they lose their breakout from a hardstun. But Circe. Teleport.
    I can't even fathom some of the other toons having counter knockdown immunity. So much for balance, huh?
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I will not do any PvP until this is fixed.
    • Like x 4
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Actually that kind of was my point: I was asking folks who are already on the live servers whether it has actually been tested out yet (since I still have 30 minutes left on my download).

It's possible that this change has not actually hit live - we're just reacting to Patch Notes that have been cut & pasted a dozen times in the past few weeks. It's possible that the Patch Notes are inaccurate or just plain wrong. Heaven knows that's happened once or twice. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm just saying don't freak out until we have confirmation. If/once we do, I'm in line right behind you as far as lobbying to get it changed :)
    • Like x 3
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Ahhh alright, misread that bit there.

Time to start asking around for confirmation.
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The change was made so that this only impacts PvE. We'll update the notes.
    • Like x 10
  14. Kaiser Bloodcode New Player

Just finished my D/L and gave it a shot. Popped breakout and slammed my face into someone's block with 1h. Ended up on my *ss. Looks like it was taken out of PvP combat. Haven't tested PvE.
    • Like x 4
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thank you both!
    • Like x 2
  16. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Please refrain from giving me near heart attacks in the future, thanks.
    • Like x 7