So A Speed Hacker Was Caught In My Livestream

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

As I stated, I just recently came back to DCUO, and have been streaming. My hopes are for some of my long-time viewers to watch the gameplay and decide if it's worth trying for themselves. I'll be honest, I'd probably get more of them to watch if I was PvPing on ESO lol, but still, that's my intention.

I was streaming a normal raid when a player said "great, a speed hacker" and left. I didn't give it too much thought until after we downed the first boss, when I open up the score card to see our tank did 7k damage while the average dps did 1k! I was like...oh no. I told him to stop speed hacking because I was streaming, and he did, but my question is how bad is this currently in the game, and are we expected to report such offensives?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

In PUG groups you'll find one every so often but normally speed hackers stay confined to league runs.
    • Like x 1
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I've only seen one in just under a year.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As Lorax said, Pugging, expect to see 1 I'd say ever few weeks if you play much. If you play sporadically, it will be much less common. Sometimes you won't notice during play though as many have really figured out how to turn it on and off, going down halls and working on adds 'normally' then 'burst' damaging the boss so it just seems like maybe you are in a really good group (till you check the scorecard). You might also run into one in OW bounties as it's much less easy to capture on video as there is no scorecard and they can take off immediately after the boss dies. For some reason I've seen more on Calc and Meta in BOP than anywhere else.

PVP is also rife with them...last I checked. But PvP is so busted in this game I'm not sure it matters anymore.

If you catch one on your stream, I'd say let him go ham and clip it at the end and post to Youtube. It will probably get you some clicks at least, and you can attach it to a cheater ticket with DBG.
    • Like x 3
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You can't judge it by the damage alone. This game has a major discrepancy between elite players and random Joe who doesn't put any thought or effort into his playstyle beyond "this power looks cool". It isn't even unusual for me to just tank in my dps gear and blow all the dps out of the water in older content. You have to actually look at their character with the understanding of what is possible and what isn't.
    • Like x 4
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

This^. Plenty of us can put millions out on other players. I’m accused of speed hacking almost daily in pug groups because I can put 40mil up on 2nd place. That’s just how it is. Not saying there wasn’t a speed hacker but they usually put out millions in a few seconds. A good battle tank can beat crappy dps’s by millions easily. So before you report, make sure they just aren’t better than everyone else. A tell tale sign is usually no allies or artifacts and sometimes not even body augs. And almost always precision and you can hear it sounding like a crazy machine gun
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, if I suspect one, it's generally first because they look 'odd' when moving or attacking. Then I'll check damage...if it seems out of whack I check their gear. If its generally junk AND they are on a PC account...on top of the rest...yeah, probably a hacker. Might still be a hacker if geared up right, but most people don't want to risk a fully loaded toon/acct on hacking some random PUG group. Why? So you can finish FFR in 4 min vs 8 if not hacking? Yeah...that's worth $400 bucks worth of artis down the tubes if you catch a ban.
    • Like x 3
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Speed hackers are rare in instances. They prefer to do it in the open world against the bounties. Which I've experienced many of times. Reported them all too. It's pretty obvious when you do get a speed hacker in and instance, not because of the score card, but because of what they are doing. You can see them tap furiously the same move. They do not do a rotation.

If you were in clamped content and it was a tank, it's possible the tank was speed hacking, but it's also possible he just knew how to attack and was battle tanking in dps gear/artifacts and allowing the clamp buff them for tank role. Inspecting them helps there.

Also, it's probably best to not run with them. Even if you are giving them a warning and they stopped. You can be associated with them if someone reports you. Especially if someone was watching your stream. As someone above alluded, they stick to league runs to get feats and it is definitely against the TOS to even run with them willfully.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, I forgot to mention it has to be a pc player. Most don’t seem to know this since I’m clearly listed as a PS player. Since it say 7k in OP and not 7mil, I’m assuming this was something clamped. It’s a bit harder to put out tons more damage in clamped stuff but double or tripling 2nd place is still easy. I’m guessing it was just a rage tank battle build that knew what they were doing. Even if it was millions and not thousands, a 6mil spread is nothing in most content. I was healing a league mate while he was doing that and had about 20mil up on 2nd place while in tank role in some normal end game raid. He knows what he’s doing is all.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I inspected his gear. He had all t1 arts lol. I have it on video
  11. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I believe he was earth, and as I mentioned I asked him to stop speed hacking and he complied after I mentioned I was streaming this run. Knowing what you're doing and hacking is totally two different things
  12. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Thank you for this reply. I figured it was against TOS, but I wasn't aware players were openly doing this. I personally wouldn't resort to such exploits, and wonder why any player would since it is a banable offense
  13. inferno Loyal Player

Never really thought about it but I guess 1 good way to get rid of a hacker in your group is to say your doing a livestream. It's a better alternative than leaving a queue that you've been waiting for to pop.
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of it was because there were no severe repercussions. Players were being let off the hook with slaps on the wrist for exploits and cheating over the years. So players were getting more and more bold about doing it. Then the glitch happened with the launch of Episode 42. Which resulted in a mass ban of exploiters and the ones that were allowed to return had their artifacts set to 0. So maybe they will be more strict with the bans on exploits and cheats.

cheater@dcuniverseonline.com is where you want to report them.
    • Like x 1
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yup, I sure as hell don't consider myself a elite player though, lol. But a good example of this. I was playing on my new level 20 or so sorcery toon, Elixtro. (with two level 80 artifacts, and the soda artifact maxed)

I queued into the newest event alert and got grouped with a 333 healer, and a 342 DPS and 350 DPS. I thought, well I should get carried here. But when the alert finished I had 7 million more damage than the 350cr and 9 million more than the 340cr. I just assumed they probably started playing recently, and I've been playing for going on 8 years.

Honestly, now that I think about it. Seeing a low leveled toon do much better than me would look pretty suspicious. :D
  16. Liko Well-Known Player

Your viewers are gonna learn quickly speed hackers are the least of their concerns...just wait till you start explaining how much money you got to spend on artifacts or grind time it takes....