Slim Auras Are Back, and Now Available in the Marketplace!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2014.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Regular auras cost 300, Slim cost 500.

Oh and they ARE redeemable across multiple characters. I bought one, and have so far redeemed it for four characters.
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

They are redeemable across ALL toons on your account just like a regular style. When you purchase one, they do NOT go into your inventory, you have to go to the redeem tab to get them- which means they are working just like any other style- which are 'account bound' and redeemable for all characters. I have yet to see a dev chime in on this or the other aura thread and state this isn't 'as intended' as many of us have reported that they are working in this way. Although, there is a 'hotfix' planned for this morning so we'll see if this is changed after it posts.
  3. Knight Artorias New Player

When will you be adding the auras that look similar to the Lanterns? These are kinda cool, but i don't like how on my char you can only see the slim aura on my hands, feet, head. It looks like the auras are just an oval, overlapping another one on the red guy in the picture, its weird. Sorry if i offend, i do not mean to, but i really hope to see some more lanternish auras in the future this game is amazing. :D

Edit: I want to add that i know i don't have to buy/wear these auras, i'm fine if they never make better auras. Its just that i like to create my characters to look close to what i'm role playing. Like my electricity merc with a duster coat and eye patch, who uses pistols/bows, and super speed, i won't be using a aura for that one cuz i don't see my merc glowing while hes on a stealth mission you know? Now my red lantern has that bulky red aura which i don't like but it fits.
  4. Nine Souls New Player

I'll wait the mist auras and power auras, but thank you!
  5. ConnerSandsmark Well-Known Player

ehh, for people that wants it but doesn't want to wait on the drop, it is worth it to them for me, I can wait for the drop, but I like the availability of it being there.
  6. GammaGreenLantern New Player

I find it hilarious that people spend real world money to buy auras when they are sitting in the broker....

Maybe it's just because I have over 50 mill but that just goes to show it's pretty easy just to earn the in game currency since I have that just from selling the items that drop when I run content...
  7. DCUController New Player

$5 for just 1 aura o_O wow

thats crazy, thats not even trying to hide how greedy they are anymore lol. Hell I could see 2 for $5 or something. or a deal like they did with total recovery kits 10 for $10. make it more reasonable for the casuals that dont have a vault of money to empty into a video game.

me I spend my money on DLC and replays, so $5 for only 1 aura is crazy, I will more then likely trade for the slim aura's even though I have all fat versions.
  8. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Not really that hilarious. For Premiums, and other people who don't have $50 million in-game cash to spend, then spending a few bucks in the Marketplace is the quickest way to get the exact aura that they want.
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

I think people forget that DCUO is simply giving players OPTIONS; you can either buy the aura in the marketplace or achieve it in-game. For me, I would rather invest real currency and save my in-game currency for other things. Besides that, spending money in the marketplace supports DCUO and helps keep them in business and creating new content.
  10. Primortal Level 30

I completely agree. I've always preferred the slim auras over the thick ones but it can be hard to see the full aura at times; especially the green ones. I think the slimmer auras should be given a deep richer glow to show them more properly. This was done for the emblem on the green lantern gear, so I know it can definitely be done in this situation.
    • Like x 1
  11. thedemonocus Loyal Player

i would like to see the plasma and nimbus auras buyable in the market as well