Skimming - Hyper skimming bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Ghaladh, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

I've been trying a few races using skimming and I noticed a problem with the hyper skimming mode that makes inconvenient using the speed acceleration during many segment of the race.

Let's say that you are skimming toward a check point located at a superior altitude; you are flying in the right direction and you press the key to activate Hyper skimming: you start accelerating, but not in the direction you were skimming to! You accelerate on a trajectory parallel to the ground! You immediately go out of trajectory and start moving toward the horizon, not toward the point you were flying to.

Since skimming is a flying variant, I guess it should behave exactly like flying, where this issue is not present.
    • Like x 1
  2. NerdGeist Well-Known Player

Talk for yourself, cuz both my Flying toons had the same problem. When I got Legendary I even re-rolled one of em into Skimming, to see if it would responde better (not to mention it looks nicer on said character) and most of the time I hyper-skim not only she goes straight horizontal, also the camera changes, no matter what you put into the camera preferences.

[EDIT] and on a totally random remark, your signature rocks. :D
  3. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

Thanks :-D. I hope the devs will investigate this issue. It makes really hard to achieve the race feats.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Never happened with me, but I'm on USPS
  5. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

So? Is someone looking into it? :confused:
  6. Rasta Committed Player

While it is a bit annoying, I don't see why you still can't complete them. Race feats only require you to achieve bronze or above for it to count.
  7. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

Yeah, it is annoying, but I'm not entirely sure it's a bug.

Also, the feats for getting platinum on any (master or adept race, I can't remember) require that you haven't even "bought" the hyper-skimming skill. It can't even be chosen in the tree, or you won't get the feat. It is possible to get platinum w/o the speed burst. If I could do it, anyone can. I'm not exactly precise when it comes to delicate maneuvering.
  8. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

It's not only about races. Sometimes you are trying to skip adds like in Themyshira Divided and you get stuck against a wall because of it.
  9. Infyrneaux23 Dedicated Player

I know that. I have a skimmer. I'm just saying I think it's working as intended. Not that I agree with it. It's a flight "variant" which to me translates as nothing more than a different type of "skin" and should therefore have the same mechanics. But I'm not sure the devs look at it that way.
  10. Deathen Blazes Active Player

Major problem for me, EXACTLY as the OP describes is. I found it so annoying I even re-spec'ed a couple of toons back to 'standard' flight.
  11. SSeid Committed Player

If you want this resolved faster try to post a video of it.. because if you expect them to test it themselves it will take months.