Skill points: Crit vs Prec

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TransSombra, Jun 5, 2013.

1. TransSombra New Player

agreed 100%. not sure why they did that. by the time im getting there i have all the "easy" feats. the things i need to do to get a skill point now are getting ********, and my reward is a measily 3 prec. they really shoudlve kept just the 3 (instead of 6) and made them more valuable than the tier 1 bonuses. id work my *** off to get 3x 30-40 might, but dont really care to do so for 6x 5 might
  2. Duragon Committed Player

.... I was trying to say this in my post above. With 124 SP.... you have enough to take all the innates for DPS role available to you, lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. dbtenken New Player

There are also a lot of other reasons that your friend could be out-damaging you. It can depend on your powersets for instance. Some powers naturally and easily do a lot of burst plus DOT damage, others require a little bit more work.

One thing that I can't stress enough is always make sure you are using your Power Interactions. I've seen this as one of the biggest reasons some DPS lag behind. They either don't understand how PI's work or are ignoring them entirely.
    • Like x 2
  4. FrostyMagma New Player

it takes a lil around 150 to get all the dps innates . this includes spec into weapon and movement tree
    :)
  5. dbtenken New Player

151 If I count correctly, but that depends on what weapon you are speccing into and of course what skills you pick up out of the movement tree besides the resistance stuff.
  6. FrostyMagma New Player

sounds about right i used 149 with 1 handed and was left with 7 extra points
  7. chaoticreign New Player

It depends on your critical mag. If only factoring weapon attacks:

If magnitude is 2x normal damage 3% prec. = 3% critical chance. (100 +3% = 103 = 97 +(3*2) = 100). As your critical magnitude starts to go over 2x the damage critical is better, below that pre is better.

However, crit buffs might attacks too. So if You are 50/50 pre/might damage you are going to get 203 dmg with pre and 206 damage with might.

Long story short... go with crits, the only time pre would be better is at very low levels where your mag. is under 2.0, you do not have many skill points and you rely on your weapon due to limited power, and that weapon is shield because you do not have skill points to fill out the first skill in each crit chance/mag tree. This does not sound like your situation.
  8. BrotherMutant New Player

And proper gear modding too ;)
  9. Sore Steadfast Player