Sizes of Body Types?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by K3str3lDC, Jan 4, 2020.

1. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

What heights and weights do you think each body type and size for each gender is? It's kinda confusing when my characters that are supposed to be teens are bigger than adult iconics but also pretty teen sized compared to other adult iconics and are about the same size as teen iconics (just with different proportions as a lotta iconics seem to use the monarch and athletic bodies depending on gender or look similar to those ones while I usually use the various sizes of the spry body)
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't know, like sprite small, is super small, then sprite medium, it's not much bigger then small, then large, shoots up and bigger then mesa and monarch small.

It seems like our characters, and certain iconic characters are design to be larger then life. NPCs and certain Iconics, are super small.

I was hoping to have a Supergirl type body size, can't use sprite medium, they look like tweeners. Sprite large is too large. I heard in beta, they had a teenage body but parents complain, so they never went with it.
  3. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah the scaling is so weird. From what I've seen Two-Face is around 6 foot and Bruce ranges from 6' 2" to 6' 10" depending on the time and media, but in the game, the former is tiny and Bruce is about 5 times as big as him!
  4. BSEison Well-Known Player

Some sort of official in-game scale would be cool like a line-up sort of thing?

[IMG]
  5. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, or even just a list like they have for VAs!
  6. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

7. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Formal request for butt sliders pls and ty
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah I've seen that. But I like a little more info for a better sense of scale. I'd like to know the heights, even if they're rough.
  9. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

If you really want approx heights, I'd estimate - based on the scale in that graphic, an on-screen pixel measurement tool, and assuming a Striker Medium is about average height (1.8m or 5'10") :

Brute L, Mesa L, Striker L, Monarch L 190cm 6'2"
    Brute M, Mesa M, Striker M, Monarch M, Spark L 180cm 5'10"
    Sprite L 172cm 5'7"
    Striker S, Monarch S 166cm 5'5"
    Brute S, Mesa S, Spark M 159cm 5'2"
    Sprite M 152cm 4'11"
    Spark S 134cm 4'4"
    Sprite S 127cm 4'2"

Of course, Striker and Monarch are both called 'Athletic' now, Brute/Mesa called 'Large', and Spark/Sprite called 'Spry'.
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Thanks. I typically use Spry small for children, medium for teens, and large for young adults

Seems pretty consistent with some of the iconics of similar ages (my teen characters are around the same size as teen iconics and child toons about the same size as child iconics), but some iconics are weird and kinda mess with my sense of scaling. Several aren't consistent with what I've usually seen, either, which makes it all the more confusing!
  11. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

If you wanted to go on to estimate weights, you could take those heights, assume some body mass index values for each body type (maybe about 30-35 for Brute/Mesa, 20-25 for Striker/Monarch, and maybe about 16-18 for Spark/Sprite assuming child/teen values) and calculate the weight from that (body mass index is = mass (kg) divided by height (m) ^2 ... so convert the height to metres, square it and multiply by the BMI for a possible mass in kg).
  12. Chia Death Well-Known Player

THIS.

But seriously, I wish our character customization was more in-depth, I usually make my characters short and fat but I doubt we'll get any sort of revamp to body types.
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Yeah, the scaling is all off.

I like the Spry body type as the adult males ones all look they're on steroids. But Spry Large already towers over most NPC iconics. Go figure.

When I just started out, I was originally going for a lineup of characters that could match up with the Teen Titans, then realized that all of the actual sidekicks in game (Robin, Kid Flash...) were so tiny. Still haven't figured out which body type matches up with them.