Single Marks Currency Please!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FutureMan, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

An SP requirement will not be good for this game. Too many really casual players that don't have over 100SP for the devs to implement this.
    • Like x 3
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Newer players see T5 as one single tier and think T6 is the same. It is sadly not true. T6 has two progression and one of the prior progression points have to be completed to move into the second progression point.

AF and HoP both require CR 100. Between the two content one can easily get CR 106. Play the content daily for about a week. OMG did he just say one week of playing HoP and AF? YES I DID. That is about what it will take to get your CR up to 106. Grind each alert daily and by the end of a full week your CR should be around 106, no joke.

As for WotL II and AF II, again grind and grind some more. I'm still grinding AFII. I only have 1 piece of 99 gear. And by the way, the 103. Try grinding each content trying to get the best gear. Do that and than come here and we can talk. I grinded AF, HoP, WotL and now I'm grinding AF II for the vendor gear. If you do not grind, guess what, you do not get the gear. Any questions?
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You answered your own question about the style feat. It is worth it as SP = better stats. I'm not stating skill here, just better stats.
    • Like x 1
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

A SP requirement would be good, because of mechanics like WM and people having issues completing content due to lack of innates. This game has gotten too casual and there have been multiple complaints voiced about SP and kicking or exclusion as of late. The tool tips state CR and SP are equally important, but many feel that SP aren't and rush to get gear which creates a lopsided character. So yes, I was told that they were discussing a minimum SP requirement, but they may decide not to.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

A single 50 point feat? Uhhuh. No. Just no. That's not an answer, that's grasping straws.
    • Like x 2
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

Let me ask you this. Where is the fun if you were to be handed all the best gear? Where is the fun if you could play any dlc and still get marks to buy the latest DLC that gear is related to without even playing the new content? Where is the fun in NOT having a grind? New DLC's are meant for all of the high-end players, because you are, ideally, supposed to move FORWARD.

You have a solo and two operations that you can run daily, that's 10 marks of fury daily or something like that. You also have three new raids that gives around 10 marks of fury each. The new DLC-Symbols comes easy and you'll end up getting capped fast if you aren't actively buying any new pieces. Let's not forget that you have four other raids and alerts/ops that also hands out marks of fury, along with some open-world missions and duos included.

As you see by now, you can play a whole heap of different instances to earn marks for the high-end, the only requirement is that you actually run the new content to cash in the new symbols related to the DLC, which I just stated comes very easy.

Once again, this is an MMO. If you are familiar with MMO's you should know the drill already, because honestly, among famous MMO's DCUO is the less grindy one. Maybe MMO's aren't your type of game.
    • Like x 1
  7. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

So, on one hand you're saying you can't stand the grind, but on the other hand you suggest that 1 piece of 99 gear should cost 400k MoT...how does it make sense to be against a grind, but at the same time request that you have to run AnB 40 times (without being locked from monthly bonus) to get 1 piece of gear?
    Exactly, it doesn't.
    • Like x 2
  8. FutureMan New Player

I'm not a full timer in here or game, so my thoughts are just from a gamer standpoint... and have the FUN factor as FIRST priority.
    I sub and buy SC, so I'm supporting the game, but there is absolutely no good reason to have the marks and symbols separated.

When I first started playing my toon back again a month ago, I couldn't use a Shield because I didn't have that DLC, so I bought that DLC, then decided to SUB for 3 months. It's no big deal TRUSTING your players to support the game. If you want to make it a requirement to own a DLC to buy a certain weapon or gear, then just make us purchase a DLC or Sub. It's maddening to force content replays and ruins the game experience, IMO... I don't play full time, and many many DLC's will pass me buy when I come back to game. Give me the darn option of buying what I want and make me earn it, but don't limit or restrict me based on my ability to run content that is too difficult or repeats of what I just ran yesterday and the day before that.

I just can't believe this community, that they would actually support this type of junk.
  9. FutureMan New Player

Grinding is = DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER.... same instances for months.

Playing is = Feeling like a superhero, playing ALL the content, even old content, having a good time running missions with friends even though the marks are a load less and it will take much longer play time to get that same 99 weapon. I know it will take longer to get the better gear running lower end instances, but it's my choice and it's variety. I have family and friends that play sometimes, but not at the higher levels. If I spend time in game having a good time, it should count towards my long term goals as well; even if my goal is just to get ONE cool item. It's my goal, and my Sandbox!

As is, it's a failed game for any long term enjoyment, outside of addiction.

MMO's aren't suppose to be a grind = they are suppose to be fun!

Addiction is wrong!!!
    Spending time is game for fun is right!!!
  10. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

MMOs are a grind, but it's a fun grind if you run with friends or family. I've been playing this game for over 3 years, but I've taken time off here and there and I have 112 CR in both roles 113 CR overall and 189 SP. Yes, it was a grind, but it was fun, because I was running and/or chatting with my friends the whole time. If you can't enjoy the grind then perhaps a MMORPG isn't the game for you.
    • Like x 2
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Um... No offense intended, but this is an Action Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. You are to run the same content to achieve the goals in the game. If this was a single player stand alone game, that would be what you are interested in. Where you aren't trying to level up a character, but play through a story. This game has a story, but bottom line, it's an MMO.

I've leveled a lot of characters to 30 to tell you, the story is great, but you can't play it like all the single player action games. You will find yourself disappointed most of the time.
    • Like x 3
  12. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

This one will always go back and forth, but I do understand the need for the dual mark system.

What I do disagree with however, is having to use my MoF's to acquire rare style gear that has been around since the T1 days. Why can't this stuff be acquired with MoT's since that's what the currency was when the style came out?
    • Like x 1
  13. FutureMan New Player

No worries, as this isn't an emotional topic due to it being just a game.

I just call them when I see them, and this game needs load of love in the grind department for what is called a casual game.
    I only post because I care, it is such a grind as is, I doubt I will care more than this latest 3 month sub... A bad game design is a bad game design. As mentioned, I love the DC universe characters and like playing Superhero, but can't see staying around a game that only makes expansion packs for the highest level players and then allows the same players to kick lower CR players... ???
    • Like x 1
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I don't need to hear about casual players and SP. It doesn't take long to get SP. If you do the content right you should have over 100 SP by the time you hit CR 106, but the problem I see is a lack of in game training on the importance of SP and the community about helping others get SP. I'm all about helping players out and getting gear and more importantly SP. In fact, it is why i created a league. The league is a work in progress as is the schedule I have but long term I would like the league to work as a team and focus on specific things 2-3 days a week. And that would remove any obstacles of SP requirements.

Heck, I have more SP than some of the players I run into in game that have been playing since Beta or F2P.
  15. Sbel Devoted Player

Who said it has to be over 100? A requirement of 50 SP is still a SP requirement. :p
    • Like x 2
  16. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Touché lol.
    • Like x 1