Fixed Since Game Update 94, can Devs confirm if Snake Style Waist (DPS) is dropping anymore?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by RookJL, Mar 9, 2020.

1. RookJL New Player

Hi, Devs and everyone else. Ever since Game Update 94 on May 1st, 2019 I believe the drops for nonboss and open world mobs have changed as per update notes:

Non-boss NPCs no longer drop loot, instead their loot has been passed over to Boss NPCs of equivalent relevancy and drop rates increased.

Going through forum posts and multiple websites, the Snake waist for dps is said to drop from two places:
    1. Avatar of Sin Adds
    2. Hoplite Majors (Villain side only)

I've been farming them for a long time and noticed nothing has dropped. Looking back, I realized the looting system has changed. It was stated there were no more open world drops and no more nonboss mobs drops. Avatar of Sin mobs are both in open world and nonbosses so I doubt it drops from them. I've farmed Hoplite Majors both inside and outside the Metro Station instance, and found nothing. Killing the bosses in Metro Station like Wondergirl have produced no results.

Can devs or anyone point me to where this still drops after May 2019? Is this even still obtainable in the classic game? Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

I too had the same issue when I was trying to collect this piece, I don't think it drops for DPS/Troll anymore, what you can do is look for where it drops in the other roles if those are attainable, and then make a character of that role and try to get it. Or keep an eye out for the Snake waist in the broker, it may be an incorrect role too so be sure to turn "useable by me" off so that you'll be able to see it. If you do buy it, just do above and move it to a character that can wear it, equip it and unlock the style with replay badges for the character you want it for.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Moving to the bug forum so we don't lose track of this.
  4. RookJL New Player

Unfortunately, I don't think the Healer role entire Snake set drops anymore either. The legs and feet used to drop from non-boss mobs in older content. Since the update, that's not possible anymore.

Wow, thanks Mepps! I feel honored that my first post on the forum was important enough to be escalated as a bug. I'm wondering when it gets fixed, can you make some sort of announcement where the Snake Waist drops please?

Other than adding the drop to a classic game boss, a couple other solutions are to add the style to the rare style vendor or allow the snake style to drop in the vault.
  5. RookJL New Player

With the changes to the looting system and Omnibus, I can confirm the Snake waist has dropped. The same issue with the Military Tech helmet has also been resolved. Might want to check this bug off the list.