Should the tank really be that easy to Crowd Control?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zylo, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Zylo Committed Player

The answer is no, they should'int be.

why should a tank who has well enough Dominance for w/e he/shes running to be knocked around like a pinball by normal standard enemies? there should be no reason for that to happen. haveing to depend on the white and blue aura to get some decent CC resistance sucks. once its gone youur back to getting juggled around again.

to get crowed controled to...

get hit well placed block? fine.
    get interrupt? fine.
    get block brake? fine.
    fight a mini boss or actual boss? fine.

but by standard common enemies. thats NOT fine.
    • Like x 2
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

this has been brought up, IMO tanks shouldnt get controlled, they should be the 1 role that is basically bad*** in the group and have immunity to CC's.

and before someone says "then CC powers come pointless", this isnt true because the other 3-7 members get CC'd and those help those ppl as well.
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Ehhh, CC is important - both being able to resist and be able to be affected by it.

Tanks shine in that respect because while yes, they CAN also be crowd controlled, they generally have enough durability to live through it and they also have multiple Breakout Abilities. Most classes are limited to block or trinket breakout only, and Controller classes only have one CC Cleanse Ability a piece. Immunity to ALL CC would quickly lead to other problems entirely - simply put, the answer to that one from a balance standpoint pretty much has to be no.

I think maybe changing a couple Tank Abilities around to add a passive CC resistance bonus wouldn't be out of the question though.
  4. barnesalmighty2 New Player

It baffles me why tanks don't get a will power stat like the npc's that negate control effects if their dominance is lower. I don't tank by the way so if I'm wrong at all don't tear me up too bad.