Shazam Movie

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by LIEUTENANT MARVEL, Oct 11, 2016.

1. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Hi People,

I just noticed some articles that Shazam will be in DCEU. I'm excited since I am a new Shazam fan. There have been some pictures suggesting John Cena will be playing Shazam. I am fine with that since I am more concerned with the direction of DCEU. However, I don't know about you. What are your thoughts? I am just excited they are putting Shazam in DCEU and hopefully in the Justice League. Somehow my gut tells me it might seem like the Return of Black Adam film but with a cooler title and more detailed character build up. I do wish they would finally say when they will put Hal Jordan in DCEU.

Thanks.

links of seemingly reliable articles:
    http://nerdist.com/the-shazam-movie-will-exist-in-the-dc-universe-on-its-own-terms/
    http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-h...-warner-bros-recent-dc-comics-misfires-489840
  2. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Uh John Cena! Seriously? Well I heard Dwayne Johson aka The Rock was or is going to be Black Adam (just because he's buff). I would rather have the guy who played Mummy (Anubis I think) well he did play Black Adam in the animated movie Shazam.
    • Like x 1
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

You mean the actor that played the bad guy from the Mummy. Arnold Vosloo. He actually did his voice of Black
    Adam for some of his career. He also did voice work in All-Star Superman and Young Justice.

[IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Maybe they can give Henry Cavill a challenge and make him the adult Shazam. I saw an article once that says Billy transforms into his ideal self when he says Shazam. Hahaha. :D
  5. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Maybe Tom Welling can be Shazam. I think he can pull off that goofy or wacky look that Billy sometimes does in the New 52 comics. :D
  6. Delta796th Loyal Player

Actually lately quite a few places have reported Alan Ritchson will be playing Shazam
    • Like x 1
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

When Billy and Mary transform they look exactly like their parents. Freddy turn into a non crippled version of himself

"When Jerry Ordway revamped Captain Marvel in the early-to-mid 1990s (after DC Comics assumed the rights to the property in the 1970s, another story for another post), he had Mary Marvel (who shared the name "Captain Marvel" with her brother) indeed become an adult when she transformed. Billy looks exactly like their dad as Cap, while Mary looks exactly like their mom as the lady Cap. His reasoning for Junior remaining a kid was explained in The Power of Shazam #7 (Sept. 1995) as being because the kids' superpowered forms were idealized versions of themselves, so Billy became his dad, Mary her mom, and Freddy a non-crippled version of himself."
    • Like x 1
  8. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I will google him. Thanks.
  9. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Your reply is enlightening. I am just a new Shazam fan and I have not bought all the E-comics yet from DC. I might buy this issue now. :D
  10. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

Just googled him. He is fine with me. However, those YouTube posts about John Cena as Shazam keep tickling my curiosity. How will Zack Snyder direct that? I think some actors would be better than Cena but somehow my gut tells me WB might think about Cena. They can use him as insurance that his fans will watch the JL/Shazam movies. If that is not enough, they might use a twist of the Black Adam Reforms storyline to make The Rock/Black Adam just to make him a superhero again. If that ever happens, I think I will really like how Snyder directs them in a JL movie. If he ever gets those two to work well in a Snyder movie, that might be a lifetime achievement in directing. :D
  11. Delta796th Loyal Player

I don't have a problem with Dwayne as Teth, in fact I like the call. He's shown in quite a few movies he has the chops to pull it off, and it doesn't hurt that he's physically capable of pulling it off.

As for Cena...yeah UM NO! Plenty of others I've seen recommended (not Lutz either) that I'd be ok with. I'm more concerned with which version of Billy we get, and who plays him.

The Big Red Cheese has always been my favorite, and I'm really hoping they pull it off and stay away from the New 52 crap version
    • Like x 1
  12. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Rofl I am not going to see that movie if John Cena and The Rock are Shazam and Black Adam. John won't even say Shazam, it'll be JOHN CENA!!!!!!!!!!!! the amount of memes and ugh... No just no... And yes I meant Arnold Vosloo. He's such a good actor that isn't white washed. I loved his role as Anubis. Furthermore isn't Black Adam referred to as Anubis? Because in DCUO it says his side kick is the crocodile. Anyways, I ehh well Batman vs Superman was alright and I'm excited for Justice League so I wonder how the Shazam movie is going to be since Zack going to direct it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Delta796th Loyal Player

The Rock is going to be Adam, no his name is not Anubis (Adam derives some of his power from Anubis). His name is Teth
    I have much more faith in DCEU cinematic now as Geoff Jones is in charge

As for Vosloo, he's WAY to small too play anything resembling Teth..I love his voicework though
    • Like x 1
  14. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Fred MacMurray was an inspiration for the look of Shazam, so I think maybe they should be looking towards a "dad/father" type actor rather than some muscle guy. They can figure out the costume for the actor afterwards.:confused:
    • Like x 1
  15. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Oh okay and what do you mean he gets some of his powers from Anubis? Black Adam gets his powers from the wizard Shazam. That's what I said about Venom when the skinny guy from Thats 70s show played him. I doubt it has anything to do with bulkyness.
  16. Delta796th Loyal Player

Shazam and Teth are granted the powers of the gods thru the Wizadd. Teth specifically draws upon Egyptian gods powers
    And I misspoke he is granted power of Aton and Am on (not Anubis)

Unless they like they did with Venom I don't see that working g (and that Venom SUCKED). Besides Teth cannot transform back to his mortal self. He would age thousands of years instantly and die.

S for the stamina of Shu Using Shu's virtually unlimited stamina, Black Adam can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe and can survive unaided in space. His godly metabolism provides him with far greater than human potency in all physical activities. Sustained by the magical energies coursing through his body, Adam is immortal.
    H for the swiftness of Heru By channeling Heru's supernatural speed, Black Adam can move at sub-light speeds in orbit. In outer space, Black Adam can fly at trans-light speeds, while on Earth he has been depicted running at a maximum Mach 500. He was able to give his speed to the Golden Age Flash, running at incredible speeds with him.
    A for the strength of Amon Black Adam has a phenomenal level of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls, produce powerful shockwaves by clapping his hands, and lift massive objects. Adam's strength is generally depicted of being on levels equal to those of Superman and Captain Marvel, though some writers have portrayed his strength as possibly outmatching them. On at least one occasion, he has been able to hold his own against an assemblage of the Justice League, Justice Society, Great Ten, Martian Manhunter (who has strength depicted as close to Superman) and the Teen Titans.[22]
    Z for the wisdom of Zehuti Black Adam has instant access to a vast level of scholarly knowledge, which allows him to know multiple languages. The wisdom of Zehuti also provides him with counsel and advice in times of need.
    A for the power of Aton Aton's power allows Black Adam to fly, fuels the magic lightning bolt that transforms Adam, further enhances Adam's superhuman physical abilities, and provides magical resistance against a massive amount of magic spells and attacks. Adam can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. It allows him to travel to the Rock of Eternity, thus allowing interdimensional and time travel.
    M for the courage of Mehen This aspect is primarily psychological and spiritual. Mehen's courage endows Black Adam superhuman amounts of inner strength, willpower, discipline and resolve from which to draw upon in times of hopelessness, and possibly great fighting skills. He is constantly supported by a harmonious presence of good will and unflinching courage that he never backs down from a challenge or feels any dilapidating amount of fear or despair, even in the face of the most intimidating of opponents. His strength of mind renders him resistant to telepathy and mind control. In some depictions, the courage of Mehen also provides a degree of his physical invulnerability to harm.[23]
  17. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Yeah that venom sucked hardcore but my point was you don't need to be buff to play a buff role. That actor was just a bad choice. I concede, you're right about Black Adam powers. I faintly remember one of the green or blue talking thingys in the island talking about Black Adam. Oh well. But yeah I know the rock is a good actor and is buff as seen when he trained to be Hercules but Arnold fits the role perfectly.
  18. Delta796th Loyal Player

I liked the choice of the rock, as it meant less CG to pull it off. Plus he can just ooze that cockiness of Teth, & has the physical attributes suitable for Teth (although I really enjoy how Arnold sounded in Shazam /Superman Return of Black Adam)
    • Like x 1
  19. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

I am glad to see another Shazam fan here. I like the kinder Billy too. The one in the New 52 seems too naughty. I have seen kids in real life who can be as kind as the kind Billy Batson. They should not have made him naughty for the sake of realism. He was the real Boy Scout of the DC Universe to me. I can understand your dislike of Cena. I did not enjoy the Marine so much. What about a Johnny Depp that underwent bodybuilding classes? Hahaha. I think he can work with the Snyderverse. :D
  20. LIEUTENANT MARVEL Well-Known Player

There's bound to be some guy in the world who looks like him. They better find him fast so they can make teaser trailers already. A Shazam that has the classic face and the New 52 look seems really cool to me. :D