Shazam gear colours and etc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skandov, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Skandov Well-Known Player

Am I the only one getting tired of cool styles being ruined by the devs linking color pallets so you can't have the colors on emblems for instance the way you want it without affecting something else on the style?...

This has been going on for years where they release a new cool gear style and they mess it up... Please for the future, make sure every colour slot on every piece of gear has its own slot and not shared.

Thank you.
    • Like x 9
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Luckily for us all, Snow All figured out a quick and easy solution!

There you go, just use the Stalwart Defender Chest with the Shazam Emblem (I think that's the Enhanced Emblem he's using.) ;)
    • Like x 2
  3. Skandov Well-Known Player

Yeaaaaah, but still... They do it EVERYTIME they make new styles, idk why it is like that...
    • Like x 2
  4. OG ELITE Committed Player

Man I was so excited to get off work until reading this. Come on devs that ruins the entire style
    • Like x 2
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

They have done this To many times for me to be happy about it..
    • Like x 1
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

As has been mentioned a thousand times in other threads, CONTRACTUAL REASONS IMPOSED ON THEM BY THEIR LICENSE FROM DC COMICS!
    • Like x 2
  7. Skandov Well-Known Player

Mate I was the same! Was really excited to come home and open TCs because I had 8 stabilizers saved up and then I come home to this crap... o_O
    • Like x 1
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

We have 4 colour palette since a lot of time and they didn't applied to the more recent gear. They could have done that.
    We are always going to have limitations for everything...
    • Like x 1
  9. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

The legs only have two colors slots and that does indeed suck! The feet portion of the legs has to match the lil parts of his hip...on the enhanced version of the legs!
    • Like x 1
  10. Skandov Well-Known Player

Correct and that's one of the reasons why I'm getting fed up with the game, the game is so behind on everything that is considered a MMO standard today. But I get my expectations met in other games like ESO etc. Atleast they don't make excuses for everything and they bust their arses off to deliver high quality content AND it's open world, like any mmorpg should be!
    • Like x 1
  11. Apollonia Dedicated Player

They could take the colour locked logo off the chest completely and release it as a stand alone emblem variant, leaving the suit itself a plain suit that would work with more people's concepts. They could even make it non-vfx active and make the vfx on variant combat reactive (as I pointed out in another discussion).
    • Like x 1
  12. myandria Item Storage

Well...
    ESO doesn't have parents like DC to ask for permission to fully use licensed characters. Neither does Everquest or WoW. Many players seem to forget that games like ESO are fantasy based, so the devs can come up with almost anything they want and not have many issues character development or have to answer to a parent company for licensing permissions.

Just because YOU think all MMO's should be open world doesn't mean all of them have to be that way; it's called gameplay variety. Some players do well with a structure tiered system, some do not. Some players excel at open world, some do not. I know players who LITERALLY will not play an open world game for too long simply because they do not know where to start and get distracted with too many missions available to them and too many places to visit.

DC will keep a tight grip on it's licenses, whether we like it or not.

Remember this game, vaguely perhaps?

[IMG]

Yeah.. that game had you choose a Marvel Hero to play; no room for character creativity. Then you had to buy their other iconic outfits and the extra heroes besides the basic ones you had access to. It was frustrating to say the least. Content? Heh.. the content never had a chance to really develop into something meaningful.

So, I rather deal with the *excuses* as you say that the devs give us for not fully launching characters as we would like them than to have to *pick and stick with* a hero already created with limited powersets.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mermaid Dedicated Player

This takes me back Amazon Fury I & II's Amazonian styles where they'd have the cloth texture share the same colour slot as the metallic.. so annoying.
    • Like x 3
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

Nah screw that....why is the bolt so darn small?

WTF!
    • Like x 2
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, Mazahs, if you're talking about the bolt built into the Chest Style, it's as big as, or bigger than, the one on the movie costume!

As for the Shazam Emblem's size on the Chest Style of your choice, that, as always, is determined by the size of the Emblem Mesh to which the Emblem is applied. Put that Shazam Emblem on the Stalwart Defender Chest, and you get a reasonably large version, but it is a little smaller than the one on the movie costume. Put it on most other slimline styles, and it's small. Put it on the Main Man's Chest Style, and you'll get a HUGE back patch version of the Emblem on the back of his vest. Put it on the Urban Slick Chest or the Tech Ninja Chest, and you'll get a very small bolt over your character's left breast as a badge.

Lastly, this is far from the only Style Set inspired by the Marvel Family. If you want a larger lightning bolt that you can color seperately from the rest of the chest, you can always use these chests:

Aegis of Eternity
    [IMG]

Shroud of Anubis
    [IMG]

Shock Jock (which could be good for making Mazahs from the Crime Syndicate of Amerika!)
    [IMG]

;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You can see the colour channel assignments in Torikumu's video.

My feedback would be to remove the logo from the suit making it logoless, and make the logo a separate emblem variant. This would resolve most of the complaints around the suit. This mirrors the problems with the Amazon Fury iconic gear from years ago.

The devs don't typically make changes to styles based on player feedback though. Usually if there is a response it's along the lines of "we'll keep it in mind for next time" ... But here we are again. I think it's fair to be frustrated personally.
    • Like x 3
  17. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It's that or "we don't make changes to the styles once they go live". I don't understand why the new styles can't adopt the 4 colour palette. Is it another limitation?

Thankfully, I only require the hood, shoulders, back pieces and the colour selection is perfect. I don't have to deal with the frustration so much.
    • Like x 3
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

They took an otherwise great style-set and thanks to the forced colors kind of botched it. Of course there won't be any readjustments to it, but as others have mentioned it's another note for future style-sets.
    • Like x 3
  19. Warhawk Well-Known Player

This is b.s. They could have easily color-locked the emblem to be comic accurate, much like they did for the Superman emblem that was available last year. Instead, they ruin the look of one of the best styles in the game.
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Afraid it's not. It's part and parcel of dealing with a licensed property. The devs can make styles and the like for the game, but DC gets a say in what can and can't go into the game or how it can be added to the game. It's the reason why the Superman anniversary emblem and the new/revamped House of El Warsuit emblems (chest and cape) were color locked. It's the reason why we (initially) didn't have green auras in the game when they were first introduced.

It's their toys we get to play with, so they get to make the rules as to how we can play with them.
    • Like x 3