Shatterd Gothem Elite

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by plumcrazy, May 19, 2019.

1. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

So a dude was shouting for this the other day I sent him a tell explaining that I was 264 troll, he sent me a tell asking my sp 240 I think ect. I told him I never done the elite though have done the normal and he said we would see how it goes ect mid way through the pot head tank starts pmsing about I have no power I have no power ect...apparently I'm solo trolling even though we had 2 when qued. Mcpothead tank yacks about how I don't have troll artifacts even though I had every one he mentioned, he ends up voting to disband instance whatever. My question is how different are the elites cr wise from the normals because elites were not out when I last played.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Cr isn't an issue because people are beating elite content when it comes out. What power are you? What load out are you using? What rank are your augments and artifacts at?
  3. Proxystar #Perception

If the tank was running out of power all the time then perhaps he was spamming powers unnecessarily, perhaps the healer was struggling or doing something, perhaps there were some thirsty dps in there causing issues too. who knows there could be many factors, unfortunately your post doesn't really extrapolate on all the possible contexts.

With that being said of course if you're going to run elite I'd recommend working on maxing out all your augments both origin and DLC augments, getting your artifacts as high as possible (ensure you're also using the right artifacts because in elite you want to use what's optimal) and where possible get your SP as high as you can.

None of this stuff is going to make elite content impossible but it will make it more challenging and when you have 7 other variables in the instance, being the other players, it's not always going to succeed, especially if you're just PUGing.
    • Like x 3
  4. August Moon Well-Known Player

as far as cr goes its above the player limit but that should be the problem . i also dont want to point any fingers either because i dont exactly know the full scoop. just like proxy said there could be several variables. not everyone who walks into elite is really capable of running elite . but i can tell yore midway down your support roles path . if you naturally need 2 controllers to run a regular raid then elite isn't for you YET. practice a little , garner more skill points and increase your artifacts up to at lest 120 all around. If you can get to a point where virtually no ones power bar reaches under 25% then keep practicing . soon no ones ( but the healers ) power bar will move at all after that try elite again. keep your confidence high , you can do this man ( or girl...i dont discriminate )
    • Like x 2
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

The problem is not CR, your vita is just too low, under 17k I guess.
    • Like x 1
  6. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Yeah the only one out of power was the stoner tank. I got my artifacts to 80 right now unfortunately wasn't around for the artifact xp glitch so, my augments are all around 180 I think but I just recently started playing again so guess it will take time. Is that what dc has become now artifacts and augments lol? I noticed trolls seem not to even know what debuffs are anymore and healers try to dps instead of heal tanks seem not to be able to hold any kind of aggro ect...it's plum crazy anymore I miss the old days
    • Like x 1
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

Sounds like you're stuck in tier hell my guy things will eventually get better ..........stop pugging and lfg , you'll find better results instantly . And as for the other question artifacts give that little extra effect beyond stats. Its definitely helpful and augments... they're mostly just for stats. If anything gives the most points its gear and artifacts with a bit of sp ( you wont see a significant jump unless you place about 50 sp into a slot since every 10 is a full &) I would bring your artifacts up to 120 each just as a safe spot , then save the rest of your nth metal for a doubles weekend or buy 2 perfect nth metals for $20 bucks per artifact to sky rocket you up to 120. If you have any in game cash and want to increase your augments up quickly then i would buy some from the broker . Some go in for 100k other go in for 400k. Get the ones specifically for your role for a double xp boost.

Lastly before i forget ...troll main here , my artifacts go as such . Amulet of rao ( for the debuff amplifier /spreader and for the 5% vit ) scrap fo the soul cloak (for the supercharge generator increase and might/power stats ) and parasites power harness ( for the increase power pool per unique debuff applied ) with all these im able to give pot well over 1k and retain enough power. Rarely do i ever see anyone's power bar plummet beyond 90% and if i do i have a full supercharge bar to recover them back
    • Like x 2
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Plenty of Healers are using Weapon moves to regen power via Demon's Fang to make up for the huge power drain of Orb of Arion. Also, for historical reasons, many Healers use what look like DPS moves, but which are in fact their base HoTs and Bursts. The Revamp closed down a lot of the secondary usefulness of some of those powers (Boss damage debuffs, for instance), but they still have the same animations. Unless the Healer is right on top of the Tank, then they aren't DPSing - take my word for it - and if they ARE right on top of the Tank, it's so they can drop an Eye of Gemini circle.

Augments are basically your old equipment Mods made less painful. No real change there.

Artifacts are the "alternate" progression besides SP. It's possible to play endgame content now with just a decent Artifact loadout, at achievable levels, and few SP. Working as intended.
    • Like x 2
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

So how would he go about getting more Vit? Sounds like his artifacts and augs could use work, is that enough?

No one else answer this, I'm interested in Yaibas take on this.
    • Like x 1
  10. August Moon Well-Known Player

I.......sh##
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

I won't. Because I know what you are doing :).
  12. Yaiba Committed Player

Yes, he needs artifacts as well as augments, also don't forget about generator mods, they all help. When I was at 249cr as a troll, my vita can reach up to 17k (this will leave your pout around 1k+) when doing JLD contents, my gear was just full elite TT gear, that's all I can say.