SG elite: 4 players, no troll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, May 20, 2019.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i cant argue that my argument has always been to balance the game better for all playstyles. No reason range might ST should be weaker than Prec range ST and no reason Might aoe should be stronger than Prec Aoe (under any occasion). Last but not least no reason Prec should only have two good weapons to play with.

The revamp has been out how long now>?

kudos to you for trying out might in survival i respect it. How many groups are choosing flurry shot over it though? how many will be shooting flurry shots on live? just not a good look.
  2. Rev Almighty Level 30

No one saying that dual wield doesn’t out perform half of the night powers, some way more than others. Yes the 4 man would still be do able with that but it obsiovily would take more time. I don’t think time or the raid itself is a good thing to use as an example with this because of the mechanics and how hard 4 manning this raid is. It’s not going to be a quick run regardless lol. The game hasn’t been in a balanced state in ages. I don’t think that prec needs to be nerfed down however I think night powers need to be buffed drastically like rage. If prec does ever get a nerf then I’d still use it for the reason rushsteel said. Personally I have way more fun using prec than sitting and tapping 1-5 on my loadout I like the jump cancelling and clipping. There are no hardlight players in worldfirst and I can’t soeak for plats but the reason I brought it up is because of a player I know named Realsaiyin, he’s the one I’m talking about who doesn’t cheat or glitch to keep up with full prec players while he’s full might as hardlight. That guy is skill. Everyone uses dual wield because not everyone is realsaiyin and not everyone is as good as him with that power and don’t want to even take the time to get to his level. There are a good number of players in my league who are still full might throughout a whole raid with the option to go prec, they do amazing with both builds. I myself am might for aoe and prec for single target.
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I don't want the loadout because I don't want to use this cheesy tactic of DW, I just think its dumb to hide the loadout.
  4. Rev Almighty Level 30

With all that said I see your point and understand what you’re saying but do not agree, I’m fine with that. My point for responding was never to convince you to think differently or to win anything, however, my point was just to get you to understand my side as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

why is it a bad thing if they took the time to get creative and figure it out themselves? even if it is cheesey its their creation, they did their homework and made it what it is.

Once they reveal the loadout everyone follows it to do the same thing and then you get more whiners like me that will complain.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

If you guys want the loadout so bad, why not just watch him closely and see what his character does.
  7. Rushsteel Active Player

The thing is the devs made it clear that some things are suppose to better at some stuff than others. Artifacts were created to create different play styles. They made powers work different in alt roles compared to other powers in the same class. How can ultimate balance be something if the devs made it clear that you can choose a specific play style to have an advantage in one thing but disadvantage in another. They said stats revamp should make it so everything has a chance but they also are aware that some things are going to be better at some stuff than others. I think its 100 percent fine that you want balance between aoe and s/t for might and prec but the devs made it clear that they want variety. Dw and bow are the best prec weps hands down but the devs have already mention that they will do a weapon balance some point in the future so you don't got to worry about that.
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

1. Players admit that their is a few might St that beat or keep up with Flurry shot, but you never see nerf those powers
    2. He not showing his loadout because he Is using a turret for superclip. Devs fixed Sorcery and Earth pets, even though the superclip with turret net way more damage
    3. With all that said, most players including me still couldn't 4man the elite alerts.
    The OP posted this to get prec nerfed fyi
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well you can't really nerf any of those powers because they are balanced or in some regards need actual buffs and all of them require a TON of power. HL s/t is great but its range aoe is super weak and its melee is susceptible to stuns. Celestial s/t is great but its s/t and midrange is susceptible to stuns and its max range is bad. Gadgets s/t is great but you need to be midrange for stealth, the melee is great but the range is weaker. Nature is the only one you can argue and its s/t doesn't need to be nerfed at all you need 4 160 artifacts to maximize nature s/t and you have to be acrobatics and you are in a 50% SC so if you wipe you need to be able to maintain your supercharge. Nature melee is OP but that's more wolf form than actual nature.
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Because being the top DPS in a team oriented raid gets you all those extra marks and rewards..... Then Mepps himself comes down from on high and deems you "God of the Game" and instantly grants you a bye to the ultra secret 45th round of SM intended for the elite of the elite of the elite

All joking aside, is it really that smart? Especially when you're just going to complain and kick a DPS who you deem isn't up to par? It's obvious you guys are great at the game and what this community needs is people like you sharing loadouts and helping players understand them, not hoarding them then being toxic towards anyone deemed not on the level.

Even if you can clearly see what powers and rotation is being used, some players would still benefit from learning the nuances of the game like players like Obsidian are doing in his videos.
    • Like x 3
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

"More wolf form than actual nature". Do other powers have wolf form or it exclusive to nature?
    In DC, with a good troll, power is not an issue. I know what's next. "A good troll isn't needed for a ST prec dps to perform". You would be right. But clipping and timing is. I use DW/bow wm for ST, but I don't JC, because imo it's exploiting and that's the only reason it's out of line.
    Saying bow /MA is out of line is fiction. Earth, Gad, Cele, rage, your quantum, electric, and nature all beat it or is on the same level. The hate for prec powers have to stop.
  12. Rev Almighty Level 30

Are you saying that jump cancelling is exploiting the game? Wow

Also smokebomb hits really hard for prec if you have the right setup and loadout but most damage comes from EoG when everyone is melee in elite now
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

JC WM is definitely exploiting. WM hit harder than regular combos because it's not supposed to be clipped.
    Electric at full range hit harder than smokebomb with more than 3 adds.
    Gadgets melee is the same or better
    Cele is the same or better
    Earth is the same or better
    Rage is the same or better.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

It would be nice if people were more intellectually honest sometimes huh.

Yes different things should be better in different circumstances but i think people stretch that to a might v precision argument undeservedly.

They say prec should shine at single target, might should shine at aoe, i simply disagree with that being true it shouldn't ever be prec v might, it should be power v power, weapon v weapon.

There should never be something so imbalanced that it gets stacked in favor of anything else, if we're encouraging balance through diversity then diversity should be encouraged, stacking 4 prec dps is broken, (edit what i mean is stacking 4 prec users using 1 weapon and 1 weapon mastery) just as stacking 4 HL dps would be broken.

Whenever people start stacking one thing, it's because it's broken, people flock to whatever is highest performer.

In reality what should happen is some weapons and powers should shine in aoe some should shine in ST and the content should encourage a mix, presently it doesn't.

Content should punish players for stacking, let's say for arguments sake you take SG where there's adds + boss, it should punish players who don't burn the adds etc. If the adds are left then it buffs the boss and reduces the ST burn.

Prec users then need to either consider having multiple weapons and armories or taking a mixture of users/types.

The same should go for might based users.

You can either nerf outliers or buff underperformers, it really doesn't matter because the end result is the same, it's just buffing often has less negative player impact.

All the weapons need a balance pass and soon so that weapon use in the game becomes a more wholesome experience, at the moment playing weapons is like telling everyone welcome to dcuo, we have 10 powers, atomic, atomic atomic and atomic.... take your pick.

Content then needs to reflect the desired diversity and encourage it, which it currently epicly fails in.

In terms of the loadouts being hidden, its stupid, yes they're protecting what they perceive to be intellectual property, not realising they're only really hiding it from the unobservant.

With that being said, I think there can obviously be other motives for doing so, hiding an exploit, narcissism because they don't want it replicated and they're preserving their percieved greatness or as said simply a desire not to share.

It's not something i really care about because it's up to that individuals personal prerogative, with that being said of course let's hope those people never complain about the lack of in game tutorials or why players don't learn anything now days huh.

I don't think we should critisize the OPs video though the players are working with what they're given and good on them for taking on a challenge, the blame for the imbalnces in game though rest entirely with development, they're the only ones who can fix anything in any case.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know if I'd call it exploiting because it's been something present in the game for a long time to certain degrees.

The question isn't really is it exploiting because the devs have been silent on the matter we don't really know if it's intended for that particular weapon.

The question is more, what other weapons allow you to JC and retain damage, if none then the question becomes, why this one? I tested a few the other day and personally didn't see any others, but I welcome anyone to point to others.

It isn't really about laying down an 'exploiter allegation' but more questioning the impact it has on balance.

If more weapons are to compete that should be looked at if they want more weapons to be used the first things I'd be looking at is increasing other weapon masteries damage output, considering the use of venom wrist artifact with other weapons and whether JC is acceptable and what impact it has on damage output if left in place.

Despite the fact i think dual wield is over parsing and i take issue with that fact my biggest problem is that it's only ever duel wield i don't understand how anyone finds that acceptable even if they're a devout precision player.

JC isn't an exploit though, not saying they can't remove it of course if they see it as a problem.
  16. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  17. Proxystar #Perception

You're welcome to your opinion no matter how "deep" ;)

The reason i said that too was because i agree with the sentiment that there should be equal potential between might and prec.

Let's say there's 4 ST weapons, there should be 4 ST might powers for example, currently though you've got powers that are average at both and weapons average at both ;)
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

WM hit harder than regular combos because they're not suppose to be clipped. JC is a clip. "JC isn't a clip'". I agree, but when paired to a combo that hit hard because it's not supposed to be clipped is an exploit. You take issue with DW, but not the other dps might powers that keep up with it. It's not "nerf gadgets dps" even though it use a superclip. AOE and St.
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

The post make no sense. Not yours, but who you responded to
  20. Proxystar #Perception

If you're going to make a broad allegation that a post makes no sense then explain why, otherwise your allegation is baseless.
    • Like x 1