settings not saving

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Black Jaq, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I am a PC player. I have noticed an issue where i change chat, key bindings, or any other setting, but they don't save upon exiting the game. And I am doing an actual exit, not closing out the window. I also have the problem on the test client too.
    • Like x 1
  2. FatherOfEvil Level 30

I'm a USPS player, so I don't know what key bindings are, but if you are in settings trying to switch it from "change automatically" to "change manually" or vice versa, my first question is: are you hitting "save" when you are done? That's what we have to do on PS.
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

It's happening to me too on both live & test servers, and yes i'm saving the changes and they do have effect until I exit the game and they reset to their previous state.
    I disabled the full screen option yesterday to check a map and the next time I logged in it was back to full screen.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

yeah, I hit the appropriate buttons because when I switch characters, the changes still take effect.
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

The only similar option I could find in the PS client is "SCHEMES" (the last setting tab) it's to change the functions of the keys.
  6. FatherOfEvil Level 30

Huh! idk then
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

This is a local problem on your PC: The settings are saved locally in your My Documents\My Games\ DC Universe Online folder.

Make sure there is no write protection on it, that they can be saved there and that your security software is not blocking changes on the files there.

Something on your PC is preventing the settings from being saved or the files being created. This can also cause your PC to take longer to load the character page, because the character cache is saved there as well ;).
    • Like x 1
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Interesting. Thanks for the advice!
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Running as administrator worked it out for me. Thanks!
  10. Ruen Morleth Level 30

I know this is a old thread but i cant figure out how to fix this my settings and keybinds keep resetting on me when i log in to play ive asked in League and in the shout channel and its no help all i get is you try hitting the save button when you change something. it just really annoying right now any help?
  11. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

on PC the settings are stored locally in My Domcuments / My Games / DC Universe Online / SaveData
    The game can run without creating the file, but then the settings won't be saved. Makes sure both you and the game have the necessary permissions.
  12. Ruen Morleth Level 30

Newbie question i have found the folder LadyLightning mentions but have no clue what in to do there, So I've just been redoing my preferences everyday and now its getting annoying so I need it explained to me like I'm a child on what I'm to do please.
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I'm not sure about the source of your problem is, so I'll go for a Validate Game Assets at the launcher first.
    Maybe it's your computer's administrative access issue?
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ive been having this issue as well. Im the admin and have full control, I run the game as admin always and Ive validated and still no good results. Ive even set the pc in safe boot to try to troubleshoot it and still the issues. Ive basically given up and just keep reapplying the settings on login.
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Grant DCGame.exe full write permissions in your security software, firewall...
    Some more detaileled explanation https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-101-know-the-basics-about-ntfs-permissions/
  16. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If you have Windows 10 and didn't update to the newest version, then only the update will fix it, because Microsoft had published a faulty version that messed up user files, even deleting some.
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I was able to fix my issue by turning off the Controlled Folder Access option in Windows Defender. Then I tested to see if I could add the DCGame.exe file to the allowed apps with it turned on and it worked.
    • Like x 2
  19. Ruen Morleth Level 30

TY Iconic Simulation your fix worked for me.