Servers population EU vs US

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Godyer, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Godyer New Player

Hello, I'm just returning to the game.
    And I don't know which server to choose. I'm neither from the US or EU, although my connection to the EU is much better, and my time-zone is much closer to the EU.

But from what I can tell even tho there's quite the time difference, US server is more populated at any given time than EU's peak time at the evening.

Since I'm starting fresh population really matters to me. I wish to have the highest chance of finding people to do all sorts of things, end-game content and old content for feats, good active and populated leagues, and so on.

So what do you guys suggest?
    Is the difference in population is big enough to disregard lag issues and so on?

Your input is highly appreciated, thank you..
  2. LeeXiKim New Player

US is much better in every way, from low tier missions to Flashpoint. Lag isn't a reaaaaally important factor in a MMO, people play from Russia, Argentina and Brazil in US servers (with like 200ms) and do just fine.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

You will be fine on EU, but don't start as villain. Old content is dead everywhere. So it's doesn't matter where more ppl stand in WT and shout bs in chat.
  4. Godyer New Player

you gotta admit tho, more ppl standing in the wt and shouting bs, make the game feel more alive :rolleyes:
  5. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Nope. For feel game alive all you need is 3+ friends with which you will go through the content.;) But if you care about noise in chat than US is your choice.
  6. Eve YouTuber

EU is pretty active on Hero side, I say this as EU player. Playing on EU also makes sense times wise because the game won't go down for you in the middle of the day for daily maintenance.
    • Like x 1
  7. Godyer New Player

Thank you both, I guess EU it's. also I just checked my ping is around 200+ to a Nevada server, compared to 60- to a German server as where the severs of DCUO are located.
    I reckon 200+ that's gonna mess things up big time :confused:
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Despite the fact EU people might say otherwise I'd personally steer clear of the EU server, just my recommendation.
    • Like x 1
  9. Godyer New Player

Why is that?
    And do you think 150 to 200 ms ping is playable in DCUO? I mean that's my tax if I choose US
  10. Godyer New Player

I'm sorry could you define "better"?
  11. drunkwapiti New Player

I'm eu and I play on us it's better imo
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

US is way far more active and you are also more likely to find items in the broker and trade for feats. EU is decent only if you have a league, otherwise you will struggle to run anything but the latest content.