Server Hotfix - February 27, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Agreed. Just lift the SP restriction on armories. It's not as if it really brings in any money to SOE as it's all in game "funny money" Then armories will be even more popular and since they DO bring in real cash to SOE, it's a win-win for all.

I also like the idea someone suggested of being able to imprint from anywhere without having to travel to all your bases every time you get a new piece of armor.
  2. Kid Plutonium New Player

When we say "no additional downtime," that means no additional downtime after how long?
  3. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

In other words the update is installed as soon as the server goes offline and the normal restart time of 15-30 minutes will still apply.
  4. Piper New Player

BULL!! the games still down. And no one cares abut that crap. Why dont you guys fix the REAL problems??? Like the bot trying to sell "gold" or the crashing error??? Fix the actual bugs and stop "updating" things that dont need to be updated.
    • Like x 1
  5. The Master New Player

@ The Enquirer Hey man. I had the same issue on windows 8. Here are a few of the things that I did to resolve it:

1. Navigate to the actual game file (not the launcher): For me, the file is located here:
    C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\DC Universe Online Live\UNREAL3\BINARIES\WIN32\DCGAME

2. Right Click > Properties

3. Compatibility Tab

4. Click Change Settings for all users (Bottom left)

5. Check both "Run this program in compatibility mode (Select Windows 7 from the drop down) AND Run this program as administrator

6. Click OK then Apply

Enjoy the game!
  6. Hendrix Well-Known Player

<Someone said>
    >Quote:
    This is all well and good but when are we going to get the fix that allows Windows 7 Premium users to get to the character selection screen? I activated a 30 day membership card a week or two ago and now I've had two days of play time taken away from me. I'm speaking for anyone else in a similar situation when I say I hope we get compensation for this in either the form of the play time back, station cash, or even a refund. <
    Answer: Turn off compatibility mode on the shortcut that starts Launchpad. Right click on the shortcut, choose the compatibility tab, and uncheck the compatibility mode box and apply. This has solved the problem for some people including myself. I don't know how or why compatibility mode gets toggled on after the patch, but just turn it off.
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Is something similar planned when the Weapon Mastery goes live? The skill trees are changing at that time, and many/all of us will need to reallocate skill points and re-imprint.
  8. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

You bought a membership before even booting up the game?
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Yo The Master tks to you I am online on this game. It worked. Tks the program worked without a hitch. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't be on the game. Tks again man
  10. CharlieFantom Well-Known Player

How long is temp.?
  11. The dark knight New Player

Good thing, Mepps.
    How is the issue that Sorcery users have referred to in the gameplay forum being handled? They can't use their armories because of the power point restriction...
    How will power and SP revamps be handled in the future? Also with a temporary lift?
    Ok, we got a Homer there, now we'll just need a Frank Grimes :D
  12. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No, I've been playing this game for a long while now.
  13. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

So it stopped working for you just at the same time you bought a membership?
  14. Aglorenzini Dedicated Player

Ahhhh, I spent 15 minutes last night doing all the stuff to reset power and skill points, set all of them, pick all my dps gear, find the style I was using (this one took most of the time) and then imprint.
    I wish I knew about this hotfix before. :(
    Well, what's done is done. Feat unlock is awesome!!
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No, it stopped working when the most recent game update happened.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I think we don't need the restrictions at all.

With so many restrictions, players will buy less, as it is so cumbersome to deal with. If you think players will not buy one and abuse the system, I can safely say it does the same when you are looking at the restrictions. I bought less than I planned. That's a lot of money loss. :/
    • Like x 1
  17. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

Then what's the big deal? People miss days all the time.
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Because I paid for 30 days membership. Because of this glitch I've now lost several days that I paid for. It's not as if I chose not to play the game. Then it'd be my fault however since the update screwed me, and judging by some other posts in the forums, other people over, I think it's reasonable we get the days we paid for back as compensation.
  19. AJPro Committed Player

I hope a hotfix solves a sound issue on the PS4...like 5 times since GU 34 all my sound goes and there is this thumping sounds like a million heartbeats until I close application and come back.
  20. Ultimate Alpha Well-Known Player

Seriously!! I spent 2 hours last night redoing my skill points and redoing my four different costume looks because I couldn't access them in the armories....