Server Downtime - November 1, 2017 - Game Update 76

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 76: Artifacts!

All servers will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on November 1, 2017, to launch Game Update 76 and Artifacts. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Game Update 76 introduces Artifacts, powerful new equipment items that can be ranked up over time. For more information, read this development update.

The full update notes can be found here.
    • Like x 9
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Save your Daily Vault run until after the Update.
    The Vault will now be dropping supplies for the Artifact each day.
    I would recommend running Artifact intro first; as I don't know if vault drop is dependent upon it.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Super GREAT!!!!
  4. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

I'm buying GC just so I can spend on replays. Need to buy RBs.
  5. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

I have burned through LOTS of Vault tickets over the last couple of days. I would have waited a couple of days if I had known that Artifacts were being released so soon. :eek:
    • Like x 1
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

It came on test 2,5 weeks ago. It's there exact timeframe they use for content and the release was to be expected today :D
  7. Margus New Player

They do GU always before events and after event i did know allready time when its release.
  8. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

LETS SEE THEN
  9. rafisnovich New Player

how many hours left when the game is online?
  10. rafisnovich New Player

and i like your villain
  11. Chaotic New Player

How is the update process going?
  12. Niroko New Player

Is the server back online?
  13. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  14. rafisnovich New Player

Simpsons, classic
    • Like x 1
  15. Chaotic New Player

I'm itching to play
  16. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Can we expect Thanksgiving Day items inside the vault? Also, how much longer do we have to wait?
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Ugh. It sucks that updates are always on Wednesday. I overslept this morning and then I find out that I cannot even get on. I guess that will be 5 straight days I barely get to play. :(
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

ALRIGHT YOU KIDS..... SO NOT MAKE ME TURN HIS GAME AROUND AND TAKE YOU ALL HOME! THE GAME will BE UP....

SOON*

[IMG]

I wondered how long this update would take when I saw the announcement last night... Thought about it a bit... keep in mind the basic building block for the artifacts is Nth Metal and that can drop (via our old and "dear" friend the RNG system) from any player running any content. I had a CR 210 on test have 2 or 3 pieces drop by taking out Captain Krewl in Metropolis so basically you COULD run the entire Gotham Zoo Raid and get almost no Nth Metal and turn right around and run some old "irrelevant" duo and have 2, 3 or more drops from mobs and bosses. So the coding for artifacts has to be set to work on any content for any player. I have no idea what all that involves but it could take a while to accomplish.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes to Thanksgiving items. It could still be a while on the downtime.
  20. AprilAtkins Active Player

Ive been playing dcuo for almost a year now. I haven't really messed with R&D. What is an artifact?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.