Server Downtime - April 30, 2014

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

US PC will be taken offline this morning for an update at 6:00AM PDT. Downtime should last about two hours.

EU PS will be taken offline at 9:10AM PDT. Downtime should last about one hour.

US PS will be taken offline at 9:40AM PDT. Downtime should last about one hour.

EU PC will be taken offline later today. We will update when we have the timing finalized.

This downtime and update will launch Weapon Mastery (for all players) and early access to Amazon Fury Part I for members.

Update: US PC, US PS, and EU PS are now online.

Update2: All PSG players should see proper membership status now. Please let us know if this is not the case. The time it took to resolve this likely means we will need to enable WM and the DLC for EU PC during regular restarts tonight. We will keep you updated as/if that changes.
    • Like x 19
  2. Evolevd Zerker New Player

ugh was just getting on and stuff and like 5 mins after i do i read 30 mins until server is down in chat i was like whatever on the inside i was like *cry* then i was like hulk smash keyboard now
    • Like x 1
  3. Daemon Drow New Player

Is this going to fix the marketplace? Haven't been able to access it since the game came back up last night.
  4. Judge2112 Level 30

An update? Really wtf did you guys do all day yesterday?
    • Like x 1
  5. Armaggedion Well-Known Player

Us Pc -> First to be Offline -> Last to Be Online :cool:
  6. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Thanks for the timely update for the restart 4 minutes ago. After it was announced 15 minutes ago in the game.
  7. Terrible Theo Well-Known Player

Care to elaborate? Marketplace fix? The frequent crashes? To mop up the tears?
  8. Maniacal Mayhem New Player

Ur lucky....I evidently tried to log in 15 minutes too late. Which means, as far as I'm concerned, that the server has been down now for 30 hours and 15 minutes. <sheesh>
  9. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

to say it's frustrating is an understatement...
    • Like x 1
  10. Jeloseth New Player

2 hours? I'll see you all in about 12...
    • Like x 1
  11. Gunny New Player

Is this a joke? lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Haazina New Player

Hopefully the Marks disappearing issue is what is being addressed. That should be fixed before the marketplace.
    • Like x 2
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  14. Cap New Player

[facepalm]
  15. L T Devoted Player

Obviously the last server update went Horribly, Terribly, Wrong. (See my post in that thread). Seems like the folks at Sony Online who manage all these servers couldn't get the game update copied from the test server correctly, and finally let people log in to a partially broken game because paying customers complain when the server is down for 20 hours (see all the other posts in the previous thread).

Hopefully this will fix things and we can all go back to killing each other in game instead of in the forums.
  16. Yochanan32 Well-Known Player

Mepps told us last night that USPC was last to be brought on because it was the largest user group and did not want to effect badly large group. Thus, "last to be online". As you see from the announcement above from Mepps the USPC was first to be shutdown today with other servers to follow. Thus, "First to be offline". I think that sums it up well.
  17. Cap New Player

This is an update to the update. Later tonight there will probably be an update to the updated update.
    • Like x 3
  18. Jeloseth New Player

You are being a bit ignorant here. Obviously, the update to the update won't be done until tomorrow. ;)
    • Like x 2
  19. Wallbanger Level 30

I think you read wrong, as he was referring to USPS and according to the twitter, it was the last to be brought up

DC Universe Online ‏@DCUO 12h
    US PC, EU PS, and EU PC are now online. Note: the Marketplace is currently disabled. US PS will follow.
    • Like x 1
  20. Mr_Ireland New Player

"Awesome, how much is a membership a month?"
    15$
    "Ok that is fine I work full time, will I get to play on my day off?"
    No
    "How about in the morning before work the next day?"
    No
    • Like x 6