SERIOUS lack of difficulty in the game PLEASE fix

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Scytthe, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It's always a matter of paying the bills. Always.

Weapons tuning is for everyone, and has been an ongoing request from players of all skill levels. People like to have choices, and things like Dual Flurry make people feel like those choices are reduced. Nerfing the top Prec, also brings the median Might damage up in comparison, which is by far the more popular damage type amongst casual players. So, top 1% on that? Not even close.

Removing Dodge from Lunge was fixing a long-standing exploit. Was that exploit most utilized by the top* players? Absolutely. However claiming that fixing an exploit is solely for the top tier of players is disingenuous at best. It would be much more accurate to say that exploit highlighted by the top 1% of players was fixed for the benefit of all players.

And lastly, I totally agree that everyone is free to play older Elites and move at their own pace. I have no idea what that statement has to do with challenge levels. It is a fact, though. Neat.

(* Top meaning high-CR players that claim they want a challenge but take shortcuts in actual content)
    • Like x 3
  2. Psyfur Well-Known Player

But yet the difficulty is high enough to avoid grouping with players who have no experience with the mechanics. It took two days for me to find a group that would let me tank an elite raid with no experience. If it’s so easy, then why all the exclusivity? Mechanics too difficult to explain?

After three wipes in FVe, I figured out what was killing me. But the group had had enough and kicked me. And the raid had only been out for a day. Next day, I asked one of the members if they finished the raid after I was kicked. And you know what they said? “Nope.” So I’m feeling a little salty about this thread.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Yea i mean the elite raids are a few days old and people already over run them the only way to give us a challenge is to overbuff bosses,adds otherwise we wont feel any challenge,on top of that more support rolls less damage dealers in the group most of the elitists make it easy on themselves its litteraly a cakewalk with all the broken things they use.
    For some weird reason my thread got closed where i was talking about overperforming abilites,weapons etc.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Theres a reason why almost all elitists use DWFS on elite raids :)
  5. darry3275 Well-Known Player

I have 8 power 40.1 and 2 health 40.1 and the plans for health and power 40.2 and in r&d it's not counting the power mods. Just letting you know.
  6. zNot Loyal Player

Actually... theres a few key reasons tanks werent kiting back then which is one of the reasons.
    And i think the difficulty mechanic wise went up for the dps-trollers-healers these days but it went down on the Tanks (tanking is much easyier now) i remember clearly that most of the attempts that failed during BC,FOS were because the Tank would die things were hitting hard and according to what a Expert raid (the harder diffiiculty) should be hitting for without no sugarcoating it was overbuffed thats the only way people get a challenge also these days, esepcially since we have 3x200 artifacts aviable to us.

Also people didnt have as much ST dps as we do now,with this much ST dps the fights are over so quickly it shouldnt be allowed and its broken theres no real fun if things are being beaten day one people want to experiment and try for days and days into a episode i do need to say though that there are ALOT of players on live servers that want hard elite raids but if you look at the feedback they provide on the forums its = zero but i do see more and more that seem to join the forum that are tired of the easy/mediocore elite raids.

Easy ways to increase difficulty= no burn checks,damage should have no impact on difficulty or there should be a limit on how much ST dps people can do,increasing Tanking difficulty without mercy,no kiting on the Tanks,almost all mechanics that one shot a DPS should also one shot a Tank,increasing HP to make fights take more then 5 minutes on elite to beat,putting tons of hard hitting adds (the adds on COE trigon were good they did range attacks. But the 2 issues they had was very low hp and they were stunnable) with a massive amount of HP that cannot be stunned or debuffed ideally a 2 tanks design should be more common for elite raids.

Its mostly about increasing Tanking difficulty imo and in general increasing support roll difficulty peole are using a buff troller a solo healer and the healer still has no power issues (gg) since the tank isnt eating much damage in anyway and everything dies so quick we need more support roll checks more teamwork with the support rolls not the current ST 4-5 dps nuking fest.

Mechanic wise in general the devs already do very good its actually just the simple things missing to increase difficulty.
  7. PHNTM Well-Known Player

Critical difficulty needs to be buffed to the point it takes max cr, max mods and a solid team group to complete. Not being burned through with 4 people.
    • Like x 1
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The problem with dcuo being easy is its 10 years old and stats revamp is all about mechanics not about ur stats. This was a mechanics/experience revamp it wasn't a stats matter revamp. Meaning once you have the experience and mechanics down you can beat any raid with a few people. What makes the mechanics/experience revamp so much easier, is players using the most overpowered powersets and artifacts or flurry shot. Go into elite with powersets that are underperforming, or weapons that are underperforming. then tell me how you feel about elite being easy. If they did another revamp and made stats matter instead of mechanics and ur experience. We could have an mmorpg that is based on your experience to do math and understand what numbers you will be hit for and how to spec to get ready for it. Something not so simple for a tank or healers or any roles. If you don't stack health and you get hit even once and u didn't do ur math your done no pick ups you can't be picked up. The idea around stats matter would be some new enemies stats and some new player stats to bring more difficulty to the game. Way more things to put your skill points into like dodge hit chance. Enemies will help dodge chance and hit chance. If you do not stack into dodge you better make sure if those adds and bosses crit on you you have the health to take the blow. There is many things missing in dcuo combat for difficulty as it stands its a simple rpg no math to it
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

As a dps if you want to risk going full blown dmg out there should be more consequences. either you buy elixirs to stack more dodge chance or health or you go full blown dmg out and go through stacks of health sodas with no cooldowns. Even though you can spam sods for healing you still have a high chance of being one shotted by a crit from adds or bosses. This is the dcuo way and this revamp should come to be someday. If not it's just gonna be a simple mmorpg that's always going to be easy to beat anything once you got the mechanics down and your experience
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Stats matter revamp should happen and we should all start over at episode 1 with a whole new gear system and skill tree. This thing about being able to hit the enemies with every hit is wrong. The stronger the enemies the more hit chance you need to connect your shots the more dodge chance you need so they dont hit you as much or connect a crit on you. This could be a great mmo with stats matter revamp for now its too simple for experienced players
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm not going to argue the points you've made because I'm personally not against harder elite raids. But everything you've said would just shift the meta. 2 tanks, 2 healers. Ok, so 1 tank is on adds. Easy enough for most. So that tank can run a dilustel and Eog. 2 healers, so both can run EoG and one can run starheart. 2 trolls even? Ok, 1 is the amulet/ tetra and 1 is cog and parasite or whatever they figure out. So now you have 4 eogs popping constantly, a buff troll that has like 80k more health than normal, and so on and so on. Players are smart, it will end up exactly where it is at now. So you're down 2 dps, not a big deal with that much buffing going on and finishing will be even easier than it is now.

I'm just glad I found a group of friends that enjoy running 2 tanks and 2 heals and not watching videos on how to beat content. But like I keep saying, remember that all types play this game. The devs need to cater to all groups to keep money flowing in. If it was true that only 11% of the games player base ran SM, then how many would actually run harder than elite level content? Enough to justify the workload? They know the answers to questions like that, we don't. So ask for what you want but no reason to always raise the same arguments. They've seen and heard it all before.
    • Like x 3
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Yea i agree i think they know by now that people want a challenge.

Regarding the EOG spamm i dont think having the tanks spamm it is that big of a deal.
    And yea i agree the community is indeed really smart but i think the issue are also overperfoming things that influence this difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Tanks spamming eog isn't huge but 4 players spamming it is. Cuz we already do on occasion. Always at least 2 if doing 2 heals. One tank will usually battle build and pop one also so just constant supers going off. Once the rat artifact is working right, 3 dps that can tac swap will be the same as 5 average ones easily. Just saying, dual roles may not be the answer that you think it is. It may make things worse. Right now, solo tank means a real tank build. And built right with good heals means kiting already doesn't have to happen. We have 2 almost day 1 tanks with us, 1 will not kite ever. Either the healers keep him up or he ain't tanking. And we always keep him up. 600sp and powerset knowledge come in handy for face tanking anything
    • Like x 2
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Stop trying to make this game wow, this is not a traditional mmo, and that’s what makes it so unique
    • Like x 1
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

The first stats matter revamp wasn’t even needed, so why would time be wasted on another one. And why would you even be interested in resetting everyone’s progress, you’re just asking for a problem at this point
  16. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This.

DCUO is not intended to be some instense DPS combat game etc. Despite the combo combat system, this game is supposed to be a fun action adventure MMO that brings in more than 80 years of fans of the IP with differing levels of ability, who want to experience the DC Comics world. If you want nail biting challenge, play Sekiro or Dark Souls or some other super challenging game.

"Elite" players never make up more than 5% of the players of a community, and while they think they are whales keeping a game afloat, mathematically they can't outspend the other 95% of a casual playerbase.

This argument was already decided years ago when the Dev team released Origin Crisis. They promised it would be excruciatingly hard in response to the "elite" community's demands and that's what it was. It was completely unpopular and it nearly ended the game. It was a complete failure driving away most of the population until the next DLC came out. The game was subsequently patched multiple times to reduce difficulty. Spytle's own account of that from SOE Live is out there somewhere where he explains the failure of it all.

Please stop wasting development time and resources on "harder" content; it's silly. Elite is fine. Event, Normal and Elite is all we need. We don't need Super-duper elite, super-duper-uber-elite and so on.
    • Like x 5
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I tend to reciprocate with this.

People continually have unrealistic expectations it seems of difficulty expectations.

Im not advocating for super easy elite content but im also not advocating for super ridiculous SM-esque Minotaur focus blast 1 shot difficulty either.

People need to be realistic, if you want that sorta thing it can stay in top end SM and you should encourage the developers to ensure they keep SM on a reasonable and consistent release path.

With respect Elite content it should probably sit somewhere in the realms of where SM R20 was, in my opinion.

It should be designed with clear mechanics in mind that require communication and compliance, no RNG mechanics and that's about it.

They can then create additional challenges making it even harder through the implementation of feats for those players that want an additional stretch.

That seems to broadly be where it's currently sitting, some if you need dial it back a bit with your incessant unrealistic requests for buffs.
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

For clarities sake as well, I'm also referring to R20 of this most recent SM as well (Season2).
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Proxy - this is the vague general you-know-who "you", not the specific "you" - I wanted to address this starting from here because it seemed like a good jumping off point.

The other side of that coin being - "quit asking the developers to destroy entire playstyles in order to fit your personal agenda regarding in-game difficulty".

If you're using 100% "top performance" meta?

Maybe instead of minmaxing your way to an outcome and then crying about how well it works because "elitey needie challengeses", you can diversify your playstyle (and thereby also contribute more meaningfully to balance discussions when they extend beyond the scope of that minmax meta).

Either that or come out the ivory tower for a minute and run it with an honest-to-god PUG. None of that "pick and choose" LFG stuff either. Roll them dice, see whatcha get. It changes your play experience immediately.

Because, to be blunt - as a non-meta Precision player?

Getting kind of (exceedingly) tired of the same complaints about "overperformance" from marginally effective combos while at the same time leaving all the really obviously broken stuff completely off the board in the balance discussion.

That makes it seem less like you're actually interested in balance and more like you're interested in pushing a specific agenda aimed at keeping other people from doing things their own way.

It's a bad look.
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

:D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1