September 2016 - Box Office Report Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ShazamFan2014, Sep 1, 2016.

1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, it looks like Sully is betting everyone at the box office. The total take for Blair Witch is about $9.3
    million. Its estimated. The amount isn't final, yet. A media source said that. Sully has earned about
    $21.5 million. Again, that's an estimated amount. I should get the actual numbers in the morning.
  2. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, here is the official total that Blair Witch has made. Its the total that has been confirmed,
    so far. The total profit is about $4.1 million, so far.
  3. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I'll update the box office numbers, later tonight. Not sure what to expect from
    Blair Witch, this weekend. Its either gonna be a bomb or a blockbuster. We'll
    see.

Quotes from The Princess Bride Movie
    Count Rugen: "Ah. Are you coming down into the pit? Wesley's got his strength
    back. I'm starting him on the machine tonight."
    Prince Humperdinck [sincerely]: "Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you
    work, but I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange,
    my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped."
    Count Rugen: "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got
    anything."
    • Like x 1
  4. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Here is the best clip ever from the movie, The Princess Bride. Billy
    Crystal in his prime. So funny and yet so touching.

• Like x 1
  5. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

The total take for Blair Witch is about $9.4 million. Its estimated.
    The amount isn't final, yet. A media source said that. That's what
    people are saying what they the total take to be, this weekend.
    I'll try to post a follow-up story on this, later.

[IMG]
  6. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I am doing the math. The total box office take for Blair Witch is around $4.9 million.
    I'll look up the real numbers, later tonight. A better time for that would be in the
    morning. It should be about $5.2 million or more, by the end of the night.
  7. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I care because I happen to enjoy, when movies are doing well at the box office.
    Anyway, the total expenses added together with the costs to actually make the
    movie, come to about $25 million. The movie needs to make $25 million, just to
    break even. I think, it can do it. Give it about 2 weeks, it should make it. Based
    on the numbers I've seen since Thursday night, I don't expect it to be a blockbuster.
    Sorry folks. There shouldn't be a Blair Witch 2. The profits from this movie, means
    there can't be a another movie.
  8. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, it looks like Blair Witch is in 2nd place and that's how it will be, on Monday.
    Blair Witch has earned about $9.7 million, so far. The numbers will come in, in the
    morning. Wait and see.
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

I expect Blair Witch to earn at least $16 million, before the night is done.
    Wait and see. The total is actually $14.55 million, worldwide. The next
    major territories where the film will be released include France, Italy and
    Belgium on Thursday, September 21.

[IMG]
  10. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

The balcony closes across the country in just about 6 hours. Do you guys expect a late comeback
    for Blair Witch to win the box office? I show this in tribute to the late film critics. Fun Fact: they both
    did a review of The Blair Witch Project, the weekend it 1st showed.

Roger Ebert: "Until then, the balcony is closed."
    ("At the Movies" theme music plays.)
  11. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well guys. Blair Witch lost as the box, just like I thought. It finished at 2nd place.
    Sully won again, this past weekend. Here are the box office numbers from, this
    weekend. At this rate, it take Blair Witch until next weekend to earn back what they
    spent on advertising. Maybe the weekend after next is a better guess.

Box Office Report for 9/16 to 9/18
    1. Sully - $22 million
    2. Blair Witch - $9.7 million
    3. Bridget Jones's Baby - $8.2 million
    4. Snowden - $8 million
    5. Don't Breathe - $5.6 million

[IMG]
  12. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, it looks like Blair Witch is slowly earning back what they spent on the advertising,
    or at least trying to. The movie made a little money, last night. The new total gross is
    now about $15.2 million.

[IMG]
  13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

I was one of the Fools that spent good $ on the first one, even my date hated it , if this one fails it's because people remember the first one
  14. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

You actually took your date to see that movie? I'm sorry that she had to endure it. No offense intended.
    I don't think my date would have loved me enough to have to endure that. The shaky cam is what ruined
    the movie for me. This is a message to the movie producers, enough with THE SHAKY CAM! Its been
    done, way too much. Stop using it! I hope she's still your girlfriend, after that. Again, no offense. The
    makers of The Hunger Games even used it. Please, directors and producers, enough with THE SHAKY
    CAM! Its lost its appeal.
  15. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

It was her choice, yes the camera shaking made us both sick , not the movie content
  16. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

You're right The Hunger Games is a good movie.
  17. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, Blair Witch is staying on its momentum. Its slowly earning its expenses back to
    actually turn a profit. Right now, its standing firm at $16.1 million total. Just $8.9 million
    to go now. In the US, the take is about $11.2 million. I expect a strong performance, this
    week. At this rate it should be at about $20 million by Friday.

[IMG]
  18. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Everything is old now, people are seeing it as a last resort to something without the tax deductions going with them
  19. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Well, old an in nothing is original, anymore. Then yes. Its all remakes, sequels, and prequels these days.
    Lately, its like the 80s are back movement and the TV show movies are on the rise. Don't even get me
    started on the crappy video game based movies. At least, the saving grace is Star Episode VIII next year,
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Justice League, The Batman, and yes even Wonder Woman.
  20. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Seen suicide squad yesterday(been to busy till now)
    I liked it, was better than bats vs stupidman,
    Robbie did good, I can see y they approach her to do a Harley movie
    • Like x 1