Scoreboard adjustments

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BlackGryphon, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I typically only check the scoreboard for deaths and pickups. Now, if I have the least deaths and most pickups (always a goal), I might glance over to the boss damage column to see if I took home the triple crown. :cool:
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I ran the Atlantis instances several hours ago, and both raids all the DPS were only focused on their rotations on the bosses and ignoring the adds. In The Throne, I had to stop debuffing and just DPS after we wiped fighting Corum Rath, because the adds got too bad. Then after some people left, a few people joined, we actually made it to the point where you have to mess with the artifacts. I was one of like 2 people fighting the Barnacawhatevers and going after the artifacts despite the fact the game told us several times that Rath was invulnerable. Do we take on the adds while the tank keeps him off us, and do the stuff we need to do to make him vulnerable? Nope. Just keep burning him, because nothing matters except the burn, even if it does nothing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

If they so obsessed with top damage, don't like to do team work but don't like art swapping? It's Hypocrite of them.
    • Like x 1
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I forgot to mention, I want to shout out to TheNewWonderWoman1972, who was doing pickups during the raid. I know they picked me up 3 or 4 times during the instance.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

DPS obsessed players just don't know what it's like to have to pick them when we gotta heal and tank.

• Like x 1
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

you know, I must be a really lucky player. I almost never encounter all the terrible things & people you guys do. once in a blue moon, I'll get a knob, occasionally someone being a knob deliberately, but all the dps players I know do picks ups, literally all of them. me, it's one of the main reasons I carry a shield. I know there are doofus' ( doofi? ) out there, but on the occasions that I do alerts or raids I almost always pug, & I almost never run in to these guys.
    • Like x 1
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Same for the most part. I did the Omni raid on multiple toons for the double SMs and all were pretty smooth. There were a few raids that are normally problematic but they were pretty smooth. In one raid USr popped. When I went in one guy requested for the 30 adds feat. For the most part it went pretty smoothly. There was only 1 player who kept trying to burn. We asked them about 5x before they finally listed. Thou I will attribute it to having their chat on a different channel as in the 5th time they stopped completely and after the feat we went to the main area and they asked if they could start dpsing.

But overall very smooth runs. I still have 8 toons that need to do the omni raid. So I may do it this weekend if I have time
    • Like x 2
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I normally check at the end if I feel like there’s good burn. Then I send them tells to let them know they had nice burn. Sadly some times they take it as sarcastic or they leave before the board even pops lol.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dene Devoted Player

LMAO @ doofi

I am going to use that now
    • Like x 1
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

TBF that player was a DPS. I only remember that because I kept having to check if they were a Tank. After about the 3rd or 4th time, I finally started remembering I'd already looked.

Anyway, Tanks, Healers, and Controllers aren't trying to top the scoreboard -- and unless they're not even trying to do their job, their spots are pretty much guaranteed (with the possible exception of buff or debuff trolls, thanks to all the ways players can get power back now).
  11. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I don't get jerks as often as some people seem to, but the burn-obsessed DPSes are really common. It's just that the only time I care about them is when they actually make the instance take longer, because that particular instance has mechanics that need to be done (which aren't getting done), or we keep wiping because they just can't comprehend "stop burning or we all DIE."

Also, "doofus" is a funny word. "Doofi" is doubly funny. :D
    • Like x 2
  12. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

In JLDC Elite Alert, I'm A Tank and a DPS kept on Meleeing Swamp, I guess trying to out DPS the other player. He got knocked out by the green mist, healer tried to pick him up and knocked out by the mist.
    I said to not melee Swamp, stay back and range and nope, he still went to swamp and for melee damage and got knocked out by mist again?

Does DPS players keep forgetting that bosses has really high AOE damage?
    Many many times players have asked to do a mechanic and on my healer, I go and do what needs to be done and DPS doesn't.
    • Like x 2
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If there was no scoreboard nobody would work on their progress. Nobody would care about having OP items or doing maximum damage, no one would care about getting sp or maxing arts because why would you need to? People would just do the bare minimum status quo and raids would be a nightmare. Love it or hate it the scoreboard keeps people playing.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I could care less if its there....especially in solos...however, it is generally the indicator of when the mission is 'done'. I know I've gotten screwed on omni credit on things like Necro or arti, or have not progressed to the next step of a DLC 'tour' mission, where there is a door up, but also a final thing to do that means the mission is not 'done'....so I always make sure to wait till the scoreboard comes up before leaving anything.

So as long as there were some indicator of things being done besides the scoreboard, sure....let's get rid of it.
    • Like x 1
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

You could? That means - you must care at least a little bit, because if you didn't care at all - you could NOT care less... :)
    • Like x 2
  16. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I don't buy that. Before the scoreboard, people still tried to max out their stats and equipment. I mean, I'm not even competitive, and I still try to get my equipment maxed out, I still go for feats so I can get SP, because it makes the game easier when I'm not running around with low stats and crappy equipment. Competitive players want to run Elite and E+, so they're not going to say "Nah, nobody will know I did the most damage, so I won't bother getting stronger."
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...I care in measurement about the size of a lepton or quark. So technically I COULD care less....however as science has no way to measure anything that small, I have no way to say how little I care...even if it's technically possible.
    • Like x 1
  18. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Really? You think everyone would be doing their best, if it was impossible for others to see their performance and hold them accountable? That strikes me as extremely naive, considering that even now there are plenty players, who try to get by doing as little as possible and expecting others to do the work.

Without the score visible to everyone, players with better gear could easily blame lower CRs for any failures. Even if those lower CRs were more skilled and actually did a better job - which happens all the time and which is why many people hate the score-card with a passion. Because it exposes the fact, that they're not that good at the game and even though they managed to grind the best gear, some "n00b" (or a lowbie alt) with 120 artifacts can DPS circles around them. I find this very amusing, which is why I like the fact, that the score-card is there, even though it has some undesirable side-effects. Personally - I wish we could see combat logs of everyone in the group as well, so that bad players couldn't play the blame-game, when someone causes the group to fail a feat, or wipe, but I imagine that would make some people riot... :)
  19. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Seriously? Anyone who believes that they have the authority to judge another person's playing is mistaken in their inflated egotism.
    • Like x 1
  20. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If you're playing a role in a group, you have a responsibility. So, yeah - people have the right to "judge" your performance, especially if your performance may prevent the group from achieving the common goals. If you don't like that - play a single player game, or only play solo. Anyone, who believes, that it's everyone else's job to carry them is "mistaken in their inflated egotism"... or some such poncy nonsense.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 2