Save this game with one change

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by details26, Jul 30, 2019.

1. details26 Committed Player

Revert the enemy level scaling.
    • Like x 3
  2. 9tails327 New Player

Yea I would also like this to be implemented back into the game. The game ruins the fun of growing stronger and going back to do old content that took ages to complete and getting my revenge.
    • Like x 3
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So if I'm reading this right, you're asking for the CR differential to come back, so that you can go back and lay waste to everything in your path just by looking at it cross-eyed.

No thanks.

The problem with CR differential is that it worked both ways and took away any accurate measure of player ability. When the CR differential was in place I could only get so far in Oa Under Siege, no matter how what I tried. Once it was gone? Completed it. Plus it's tough to say someone's a skilled player when all they have to do is breathe on a target to make them fall because they're so far above the target NPC.
    • Like x 4
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

The problems with running old content at higher CR are basically:
    Lack of exemplar and sidekick feature that allow low and high-level characters to play together without completely sacrificing rewards and without enemies being vastly over- or underpowered compared to some team members.
    The crappy rewards for high level characters. High CR characters should get their current currency whatever content they run.
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No currency = de-incentivization to run old content. It's basically the only functional means of maintaining some sense of content integrity. And you can still get some source marks, just not a ton. Also, waaaaooow.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

lol what content yall running that yall cant breeze thru ?(assuming you`re 270-273)
    • Like x 2
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly i would have said a tutorial...... you know it's bad when you've JUST started the game and something so fundamental is already so screwed up useless or not even there in the case of our new tutorial.
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

One idea to save the game? Take a gameplay fole from the update before weapon mastery / reworks / am & apply ot to the current game.
  9. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I loved when I was struggling against Bruno Mannheim in one of the pre level 30 missions. Yes it did at the moment agitate me, but I was super satisfied once beating that mission. Then they nerfed the entire game because of complaints. Make missions more challenging again because that’s when I was most engaged and had most of my fun. It was super satisfying beating a raid that took almost 3 hours (I don’t currently have the time for that anymore if I still played the game but again more I just loved more challenging content because it forces you to be engaged with the game. If it’s easy, not only do I and a lot of people lose interest faster, but you don’t even need to be close to fully engaged to still blow through everything. I can have one hand on my controller while eating and still get the job done in a fair amount of time. That isn’t exactly fun.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Realign the servers to:
    US PS/XB
    EU PS/XB
    US/EU PC
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I'm guessing they are talking about raids. Everything else you can breeze through if you're at the CRs that you've mentioned.
  12. Marek Committed Player

Easy or hard .... whatever is going to sell the most replay badges, that's what we're going to get. (Other than the occasional, very occasional tough ONE)
  13. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

100%
    lol beating pengbot maximus way back in the 2011 was so dam satisfying
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

200s can mow through everything most times...with base mods artifacts any kind of SP number...what 200...struggles with ACE...or Trigon...or necron!? ... my 100 guy doesnt even have all base mods yet...she soloed atlas just yesterday...atlas is NOT trigon...i get that!!...but still...you have an incredible advantage as a above CR player playing lower CR missions...its been years now...who needs more training wheels on their nerf bike??!!
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

yeah it was...that was one mean robot penguin...and his little buddies...just waiting to pallbear your A$$...GOOD TIMES...
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i remember whole forum threads dedicated to tactics on how to beat him...and you are right...it was moments when you truly triumphed in this game as a player that made you feel "super"...now super is defined as the player with the most sparkling glowing burning clown costume...and how much real money beyond subbing it probably cost them to get it...
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

actually, there is CR differential, it only works for how much damage is incoming (i guess), but thats a secret, so: pssss...
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I’d prefer not, I hardly see any other pc players, and 99% of my dc buddies are ps , and I’m not that social to make new friends lol
    • Like x 1
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was a joke.
    • Like x 1
  20. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

CR differential was not the original system. The original system was very straight forward. The enemies in a specific area and or instance would have a specific set of stats. Those stats would never change no matter who they were fighting.

As a player, our stats would change Everytime we got new gear and skill points. But the area or instance we were in had zero affect on it. So the NPC would stay the same, and we would get stronger. CR had absolutely nothing to do with it. It was just a number used to give other players an idea of what gear stats you had.

So when a CR 150 would go into the tier 1 hive alert, that player would melt everything around them like butter.
    • Like x 3