Save the Universe

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dev72, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Plowed In Loyal Player

Do you play with role optional on or off?
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

DoS did get rolled into source marks with Ep 41.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is sooooooo important. I always had it set to on because I've typically had no problem running at level alerts with four DPS's and even enjoy having utilize more survival skills if it comes down to that. I also liked the potential for alert group builds to vary from day to day as it added more variety to the daily grind. But I digress...

Anyway, it was still set to "on" for the first few days of the DLC and it was a pretty rough go of it. It finally occurred to me to set it to "off" and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

I have also gotten the clamped version of PZr an oddly high amount of times when blind queuing omnibus. The weird RNG aside, PZ should just be removed from the omnibus while it's the active endgame alert. People will get tired of running it even faster than they normally get tired of running the current DLC alert. No bueno.
    • Like x 1
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

No! You save it!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Vincent Lestrange New Player

Yeah I play with it opitional I didn't even know I had to turn that feature on or off. Seems kind of redundant, but to be fair I was in PZ again with a tank and healer, healer was extremely meager gear, and the tank wasn't even up to cap level. So I spent the whole fight rescuing them until I just quit due to the sixth wipe. But if that feature makes it easier I will gladly use it. Thank you for mentioning it.

I agree anything in the Save the world shouldn't be in the omnibus queue at all it would help, as you said burn out gets twice as fast. Fortunately raids today werent as bad as the alerts.
    • Like x 1
  6. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

They should keep swaping it like every month or even weekly if possible to spice things up

The way I think it should work when the new episode comes out the rewards you get for save the universe should contribute to that New Episode also that's how the other mmo's handle scaled up content and I like it that way

I don't really see any benefits to keep it as a separate currency just complicates things for no meaningful reason
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Reoccurring event means it goes away and then comes back, like a seasonal. It is not a permanent event.
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I find it weird that an OP item would be part of a seasonal vendor rewards.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You must not have been around for the Starro event when it first dropped, we had three OP items and we had to craft them from scratch.
  10. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Nope. I left the game shortly after the Hack Attack and came back around the Justice League Dark Episode, so I missed out on quite a bit, including the Superman emblems, which I hate myself for.
  11. VariableFire Loyal Player

That doesn't seem to matter lately, as I've set it to require roles and I still end up with missing roles. I don't mean people who did the old queue up as DPS/Support and only play DPS routine, I mean they queued up as just DPS.
  12. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I throw the supplies down the corridor before the battle starts, unless Leeroy Jenkins is in the group. It’s interesting how even with the door closed the Kryptonians get one or two through the door.
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

That’s kind of what I was wondering, if role optional works with that system. It might be worth a ticket if you have it set to “off” but you still aren’t getting required roles (or people that q as them).
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Came here to post on this...just noticed it last night they converted. Didn't see that in the notes back in Aug and I guess I haven't been in the vendor since 41. I kind of wish I knew it was coming but didn't . I like hitting conversion with 999 on everyone...only had 600-800 on most. Lost opportunity there.