RWBY

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Free2BeMe, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Just stumbled upon this magnificent webseries a few days ago, and so far, I've already watched Volume 1 three times, listened to the entire soundtrack twice (it's over 2 hours long, just downloaded it today), and I know the majority of the songs used in the four Vol 1 trailers by heart.

So, I ask, any other RWBY fans here? I feel like I'm dying in anticipation for Volume 2!

• Like x 10
  2. FelixDuo Committed Player

I watched the first episode and the animation style and English voice acting really threw me off. I'm so used to drawn anime and subtitles that it was a little weird to watch at first. I haven't gotten any further than episode 1 yet though. Kill la Kill and Hunter x Hunter got me hooked first. I might have to get back in there after I finish Justice League Unlimited, which I'm watching now.

I understand it has a girl with cat ears though. So that's great. Huge draw for me.
    • Like x 3
  3. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

I've never seen it...
    but you could possibly help by posting a link...
    (hint hint) ;)
    • Like x 1
  4. Drakonicus New Player

• Like x 1
  5. Meta Flare New Player

I love RWBY. I made a thread abut it a very long time ago.

I love every thing Monty Oum makes. (He made this by the way, he even voiced a character but I forget who)

The weapons are so awesome and inventive.

If you like this you need, and I mean NEED to watch dead fantasy episodes 1-7. Is about a half hour. There were supposed to be more but he hasn't made them yet.

He also has one where master chief and samus fight each other.
    • Like x 4
  6. FelixDuo Committed Player

Whoa, Monty Oum did RWBY? I saw his videos, like Dead Fantasy and the MC/Samus fight years ago. I always thought they were pretty awesome, especially for being fan made. Just made me want to get back into RWBY even more.
    • Like x 2
  7. Meta Flare New Player

He also has been doing red vs blue since season 5 I think.
  8. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Gonna have to check this out...

thanks for the link!
  9. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Yes, everyone needs to watch! Monty is freaking awesome! I've been checking out the production diaries to hold us over until Volume 2, but I'm seriously dying of anticipation. 3 months to go....

Hey, Meta, what'd you think about the last two episodes of Vol 1?
    • Like x 1
  10. Chicago Bull New Player

Catie and the Bunny character
    • Like x 1
  11. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Catie? Do you mean Blake, the Cat Faunus?

And Velvet, yeah, she's finally going to get a lot more airtime come Volume 2 :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Chicago Bull New Player

Actually I was talking about the voice actor Catie (if that's how you spell it) lol or more known as Jack's wife.
  13. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

OHHHH! Didn't even think about that.... Yes, Australian accents are totally awesome!
  14. Chicago Bull New Player

I totally forgot she was Australian >-<
  15. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Really? I wonder how "accents" work in the world of RWBY....
  16. Chicago Bull New Player

So do I, hopefully they'll do some live streams talking about it..and since you've watched volume one
    You should watch the RWBY livestream and the RWBY Girl Actors podcast on the same channel.

Edit:
    • Like x 1
  17. Free2BeMe Loyal Player

Cool, thanks!
    • Like x 1
  18. Mr.Me New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Watched it last night..

I want those weapons in game!!!

Funny how the initial impressions of the characters reminded me of players here...

The HL "L33t" who judge everyone who doesn't trash-talk GU 36 and call everyone else noobs who need to learn to play
    The long-time players who are generally supportive and helpful
    The newer players who know what they're doing
    The vets from other games (CoH and CO mostly) who have adapted well to DCUO
    And brand new players just starting to play the game

These are RWBY and 1 of their first friends made at Beacon... (not in order)
    Who's who? (And remember - I said initial impressions/like the first 4 episodes or so)

My favorite character so far: Penny. Just so odd, yet combat ready.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mr.Me New Player

[IMG]

:D

Penny is badass, if I was making a 4 person team it would def be Pyrrha Nikos, Yang Xiao Long, Norah Valkyrie, and Penny. :)
    • Like x 1