Roll back Cheater toons to Feb 3rd & return replays: it's fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TKMcClone, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prosser Dedicated Player

We don't need them publicly identified, we just want it dealt with, and a general statement saying "X number of players received X punishment for exploiting, and this will be the standard punishment from here on out for exploiting"

As the devs have stated in the past, they keep logs on everything. They were able to tell us exactly how many players attempted SM, and beat each round. So do you honestly believe they couldn't just look up the completed runs of throne elite, as it has yet to be beaten legit?
    • Like x 7
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I totally disagree with that... I want NOTHING given to me because of this.
    The game should not adapt to cheaters, no mater how much time it takes to punish them individually. The time is on the Devs. _ that goes with the 'Developer hat'.
    • Like x 1
  3. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Sadly too many people don't believe that they should EVER have to face consequences for their actions. These are generally people who are weak at their core.
    • Like x 6
  4. LogicLaughable New Player

True, but isn't that a violation of the TOS too? Calling out players like that I mean. Using those data sites to criticize or harm cheaters is just as much a violation of the TOS too.

I've enjoyed the discussion on here. I hope players can start thinking of the best possible solution that maintains the game and the player base equally. And hopefully get off this 'punishment' ideal and realize, if a glitch is left in the game, players will glitch it.
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I don't think the cr it shows on wavedox shows the equipped CR. I think it shows what cr they have so there is no way they can reduce their cr. But i don't know i don't know how it works. I only used it to find out who used the exploit and took a long list so i know who not to run with when the Crossplay comes.

A 10 day ban plus removing all the 101 gear seems like a fair punishment.
    • Like x 3
  6. LogicLaughable New Player

Only the dark side speaks in absolutes- yoda

Just sayin

It ain't your say how this is handled, nor mine. But I think maybe some ppl on here need to realize that
    • Like x 1
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

They havent banned for using a exploit in the past. Lets change that. All exploiters get 10 day ban plus all 101 gear removed.

They already look bad by not punishing the exploiters. Shows they are okay with their game becoming a joke.
    • Like x 3
  8. Makineko Committed Player

Here's the thing. If they do nothing now they make it look like they can do nothing about the problem. You think they'd want that a 3rd time round? The TOS might as well not exist and they may as well admit you can glitch all you want and they'll do nothing to stop you. Also the amount of people who completed the raid legitimately is either in the very low percentage or it hasn't been done. In the past the raids had been completed by so many that dishing out any form of punishment.

I honestly hope that a good balance is struck between punishment and ensuring what's best for the game. However as it's written in the ToS whatever the devs decide no glitcher can complain.
    • Like x 3
  9. LogicLaughable New Player

So this one time is the time they should, not any of the previous ones I've listed that have gone unpunished? Just this time
  10. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Exactly. I don't think anyone is asking for a list of names... Although a few of the "pro-glitch" people kinda outed themselves and I'll definitely be looking up them and their league if rollbacks happen.....

Just let us know what's going on so we can move on. It's kinda disappointing we're still waiting to hear something about this, and it's starting to get me concerned they're just waiting for the forums to quiet down and then just hope it goes away and re-release the elite raid...

If that happens I'll be the first hoping for those glitchers to find another way so I can blow my replays on it and then complain there's nothing to do in the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Redman_x Well-Known Player

Most of the people in this thread calling for suspensions, roll backs, and gear removal, are the very same people who glitched FOS 3 prime and Dox. I know because I have played with a lot of you in the past.

It's time to get off your high horse and move on.
    • Like x 1
  12. LogicLaughable New Player

Okay, we need some perspective here. This is not robbing a bank. Okay?
    • Like x 1
  13. Enzan Committed Player

I'm sorry, but if your only argument is that they "didn't punish people in the past" then you should make a new account and try again. Why you ask? Because this is the present, here and now, and not the past. The example that happens now is what determines how people see future exploits.

You know what they did in the past? Nothing. So today's people think they can bug, glitch, exploit to their hearts desires and nothing will happen.

(I know a few perm bans occurred for other reasons)

It's time for that to change.

"Like omg, but they didn't warn me about being punished for exploiting!!"
    They did, you just fail to read the ToS, which is pretty much the same throughout most games, with a select few wording changes. Or.. you just lack morals.

"They'll lose money and players if they choose to punish by taking away gear and/or banning people!"
    Sure, but how much money will they lose? Oh, you don't have data to support your argument? Sucks, because unless you can see into the future, try again.

Anyways, I'm gonna assume in the next few pages, some New Member will disappear and another will show up with a new name, claiming to be someone else when they are the same person with a different name from 10 pages ago.
    • Like x 9
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

You're 100% correct here.

It's their say how it is handled, but I'm definitely watching how it is handled as are many others.
    • Like x 4
  15. Prosser Dedicated Player

*pst* hey..... gonna need a copy of that list ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Of course it's not. Just like those people with their laundry list of "glitches" that people may have done aren't all game breaking.

You're not seeming to grasp why many of us are upset so I was hoping maybe some crazy stupid extreme example might let it sink in for you.
  17. D Miles Active Player

I would say anytime you might have to pay the consequences. Ever been stopped for a traffic violation and not been cited? I have but the next time I was stopped saying "I wasn't punished last time so I should not be this time" is not really a defensible position.
    • Like x 3
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Add me to that.... I'll message you my email address if needed. I don't always run outside the league, but when I do I'd rather it be with legit players...

I actually need to start adding some of the people from this thread to my friends list... Luckily all the "pro-glitch" new members are leaving their names off their signatures so it's easy to find who to add. :D
    • Like x 5
  19. Prosser Dedicated Player

I'm on Pc, so there's one person that doesn't fit your bill ;)

and also due to the fact that I never did any of those glitches.
    • Like x 2
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I saw a few members with my own eyes at cr 115 and then their cr was changed once that wavedox thread was made it was like a day or two later their cr magically dropped ...

You can put on lower gear but it won't chsnge your cr on wave dox heck you can even delete or sell the gear it won't make a difference your cr stays someone had to change it for them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.