Robot Sidekick Having to be constantly recast in Duo Shazam Fight

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Illumin411, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I don't know if this is so much of a bug as it is an annoying side effect of the mixing of two mechanics but robot sidekick is banished every time the balls have to be picked up and smashed on Shazam therefor requiring a recast every time. I know there are other instances with mechanics that alter the ability tray and that it always banishes robot sidekick but none occur as frequently as this one in a single fight. Since the smashing isn't really any different than the regular object smashing, is a whole new ability tray really necessary?
  2. MiLady Well-Known Player

The same thing happens to my regular pet (Sorcery). It gets despawned during the Shazam ball phase and when I get trapped by Teekl's red ball trap. I dont think its a bug, but definitely an annoyance.
    • Like x 1
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is a result of the mechanics. Picking up one of the orbs causes a form change that only has "Smash Attack" on the loadout. Since you can't place your pet on this loadout bar, your pet goes kaboom anytime you pick up an orb.

It is just poor design.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Especially since the attack can be performed by just hitting the melee button...I didn't even notice the form change the first few balls. I just knew my robot was gone.