Road Map for 2024?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Starbrand, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I know the game is passing throught a weird phase, people leaving, people coming... but...
    Are we getting some perspective of what the direction the game is going?
    DLCs? Graphics? Updates? Anything?

Thanks in advance for any answer.
    • Like x 5
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  3. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

4. Alushaun Well-Known Player

This games whole run has been weird, successful initially but always weird
    How we're still the single mainstream superhero mmo 13 years later (seriously wtf Marvel, step it up) is shockingly weird.

Champions Online and City of Heroes are back, but not to the same capacity they once were as the true superhero mmo OG's.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m a little worried. This March all we have to look forward to is St Patrick’s seasonal so March is gonna feel pretty light. The player population will go down even more most likely. I guess if you haven’t caught up on feats now would be the time to do it because there’s nothing new here for at least a month or two.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It definitely feels like this game is in maintenance mode. Meaning even if they don’t shut it down for two to five years it’ll be pointless to keep playing for many players. I wish it’s not so and until we see what the new creative director has planned it might be possible to keep player’s interests but I dunno? I’m also worried it’ll be only 1 or 2 episodes per year at this point which is unacceptable. After promising us 3 episodes last year and the great updates of 2023 being cancelled it’s been a huge letdown. We thought no development letter in January looked iffy but if this month ends without it it’s not looking good.
    • Like x 5
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

I believe that nowadays more people leave than come. :)
    • Like x 3
  8. VasquezR Active Player

The feeling is not good, everything that is happening its just sad, I already have a good road in the game, seeing the current situation is heartbreaking, I sign what you said below, we were promised a lot of things in 2023 and we did not receive one part of that, not having an update on what will come this year is really worrying, I hope it's just a crisis in which they are trying to plan again after the layoffs, but the feeling is really that we are adrift.

• Like x 3
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

We are almost done with the first quarter of the year and it would be nice to see where we are heading.
    • Like x 2
  10. Stranger Well-Known Player

More like that:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Monetization on schedule, "free" content delayed.
    • Like x 6
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Marvel did have one, it got shut down. Then they tried again, it got cancelled. Like twice.
    • Like x 3
  14. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Daybreak started a Marvel MMO....

I didn't really care for the "Pixar" character designs..

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Are they still doing Episode Spotlights?

Yep yep, Episode 29 Riddled with Crime
    • Like x 2
  16. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Yeah, The same spotlights on a loop. Literally! I honestly see many on the EU side now legit just talk about how the game is genuinely dead now. Of course there’ll always be players. But… I’ve never seen it this bad. Queue times are in the multiple hours. Trying to put groups together can take over an hour (not an exaggeration) most give up and move on, or log off.
    Gamebreak drove so many away with their greed. But then complain that there aren’t enough “sticky players” to invest in. You can’t put out crap content, not promote the game. Not listen to players, and then complain that players become disinterested.
    You invest, you know you have a loyal player-base to play. You don’t invest, that player-base hangs in there for as long as possible; but… they have their limits
    You can’t neglect a game, and blame the players. The players have always been there. The content wasn’t and the inbetween content is sorely missing!!!
    • Like x 5
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Road map? We have a road map. PS5 client delayed from Q4 2023 to release in Q1 2024.

Except Q1 is now two thirds done, and there is no PS5 client.

Radio silence.
    • Like x 1
  18. Rorrigam Active Player

My biggest issue with the game is how inconsistent it is.

Sure, a lot of devs left and the new ones need time to adjust. But why on earth, would anyone that has been playing for over year need a spotlight episode for episodes that have been out for so long? I don’t doubt that some people will use it or might need it, but the number of players who don’t care for it is also pretty big.

I guess DCUO is more about getting new people than retaining already existing players.
    • Like x 2
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Where we're going, we don't need roads, so we don't need a road map.

Get ready boys and girls, it's about to get wild, hold on tight.

Cue tragic violin music, I'm going to wait for the final moment the titanic goes down, dibs on the floating door.
    • Like x 6
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I don't know what to say but I am hoping this week we get a road map or next but soon. I am going to keep it cute and just focus on other games until the leadership over here steps up.
    • Like x 4