Rifle WM Combo Change Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Echephyle, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Echephyle New Player

As the title suggests.

Rifle has been one of the most popular weapons for as long as I can remember.

Now, with its bizarre wm combo selection, it is easily the least popular and most hated weapon when using wm.

The ranged combos, especially flip burst to slip shot are very impractical and often send you into a boss's aoe.

Slip shot is bugged, and when it does work, it moves you out of range.

My first proposal is to replace slip shot with magnum round. This will make ranged dpsing much more easy to control.
    It would also be the easiest fix for the devs as it only requires one swap of combos.

Rolling barrage to full auto i can live with. It's more awkward than the bow's explosive shot full auto, but at least the damage is good.

Rifle slam to flurry is actually decent. Does not need a change.

Flamethrower to slash, awkward, but not gamebreaking. We need a close range blockbreaker as rolling barrage cannot be done from melee. Fair enough.

What do you guys think? Any other suggestions?
  2. ApolloMystique New Player

grenade into magnu round…EASILY one of the most awesome combos if it were implemented
    • Like x 1
  3. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Although I do agree with your analysis of WM combos and their usefulness I gotta disagree about your reasoning regarding rifle being "the most hated". Im not trying to pick apart your post btw im just clearing up whats changed.

Pre-WM Rifle was so popular because Grenade was easy to clip with power rotations, if you did it fast enough you got double damage, the damage off Grenade was far too high in the first place AND it was a Block Breaker.

Post-WM the Devs finally fixed rifle to scale with all other weps. You can still clip Grenade, you rarely get the double Grenade if at all, the damage has finally been reduced to normal tap parameters and like all tap range moves its no longer a Block Breaker.

Ppl who used Rifle Pre-WM were up-in-arms about these changes but in retrospect Rifle was clearly doing too much damage too easily and it DID need to change. This is why Rifle is no longer the FoTM wep it once was and now like all other weps, it takes time and patience to learn to use it properly. In essence its helped get rid of a small portion of unskilled players in higher content and pvp.

On topic though, I would prefer if it was Flip -> Magnum or maybe even replace it being linked to Pistols and mix it with Shield. But as Spytle explained on the WM Livestream they did try multiple combinations with all Weps and some just looked silly or bugged.
  4. Echephyle New Player

Ya it did do a lot of damage before the nerf. But I'm sure many players used it for character concept as well. Now they're forced to use something else.
  5. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Well I have a John Stewart inspired toon who uses Rifle and I wasnt forced to do anything except practice a bit more if im honest.
    Slam->Flurry does really good damage and mixed with Barrage->Full Auto Rifle is still very viable in both PVP & PVE.
  6. Echephyle New Player

Slam flurry is a good combo.Barrage to full auto is not bad as bow to full auto is a great combo. This one does roll you though...

Slip shot is the garbage one. Because barrage rolls you forward, you have to flip burst to control your distance, hence try to use the bugged slip shot to keep up the wm damage. So awkward. There's a bug that stops slip shot from executing and I would stand there holding rifle shot instead. It even bugs out at melee distance.
  7. Echephyle New Player

I would love this!

It would be like brawling clap to empowered shuriken.

But what would be the other combo? Mortar to full auto?
  8. ApolloMystique New Player

grenade
    grenade into the dual pistol move where the character shoots in a semi-circle (forgot the name)
  9. Echephyle New Player

Loft shot? That's a melee combo. I mean they can give it the arrow fling treatment and make the melee move ranged.
    • Like x 1
  10. ApolloMystique New Player