Revamp powerset changes review

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Exactly what powersets do you main and what abilities did you realize worked differently after the stats revamp went live almost 8 years ago?
  2. The Anxient Loyal Player

Changed Atom splitters cc profile. Gives away immunity like crazy in tank role. Makes our aoe pull useless for the most part.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I don’t hate this idea.

If it did the pull and then did the same crowd control thermo did that would be great, might make it a little op tho but a lot of people are already using both anyway.

Id be happy if it just did the pull and only the pull. Or a pull then a knock down.
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Stats revamp was meant to fix the absolutely broken and atrocious AM system. Now, if we were to go back further to pre-AM/WM days, this might be a discussion worth having. But, then again..maybe not, because of the clipping issues back then.
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Question:

Are you referring to the July 2017 update GU 73 or the Aug 2021 update GU 116?
  6. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Stats revamp is totally separate from GU 116 introducing the Omnibus. I am fully aware about your feelings regarding GU 116, which I won't get into. However, the focus of this thread is Stats Revamp which is different as related to combat and powers.
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

No, what I was getting at is, if this wasn’t fixed with GU 73 why was it not fixed with GU 116?
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

You are preaching to the choir with that question, which should be directed to the Devs. GU73 was purely focused on removing the AM system as we knew it because the strength of powers negated (for the most part) stats in general. Especially when implementing the build up to the big hits. (I.E. 1234..big hit)...rinse repeat which created major imbalance issues between the powers and super charges...

DOT powers suffered greatly(Electric, Nature, Gadgets, Fire..etc) during that time frame, where most were leaning toward big hit powers..like Quantum before the time bomb cap, Mental, Ice behind the supercharge, Munititions (before big gun nerf)...etc.
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

So, this is an issue of not enough time or programmers to dedicate to properly working on a fix. All companies are currently under personnel constraints, especially talented personnel with the skill set who could solve these issues.

It might be something we are just going to have to live with and accept.
  10. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Again, a Daybreak/DCUO issue behind the reasoning and man power, which should be addressed to them. But, yes, this is something we will have to live with until the Devs make any changes between the updates moving forward. There are a plethoria of other issues causing slight imbalances that will always need to be addressed especially with the slightly new systems behind arts and allies.. While it is our rights as a consumer to question them, it is also within the rights of the management and Devs to either ignore or address them.
  11. ArsenalX New Player

I would love to see ice as a troll Power!! It would be fkn op!