ReVamp Aftermath Mental !

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PSYL0CKE X8, May 16, 2017.

1. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

The Devs have said they wish to create and add on powers and abilities of the already existing powersets after stat revamp has released. This tread is here to discuss ideas and suggestions for the Mental powerset.

If you have any drop them right here

I would like to see some new powers and some old ones get a new look. Here's a few of mines

I would love to see Mental get a Psychic Bolt ability. I know it has a ability called Psychic Bolt but they can always switch the names a rename it like the have before. Or call this Mind shot. It can be a new ability or replace Bolt Barrage but looking simliar to something like this. If replacing BB i would like it NOT to be a supercharge ability.
    [IMG]

I would like to see Mass Levitation to lose its bubble and have a faster casting time and maybe look something like this
    [IMG]
    I think Telekinetic Push and Pull would look awesome if it looked similar or equal to this
    [IMG]
    Last I would love to see Mental get a a radial ability similar to these. That would damage, stun, slows enemies. Doing damage overtime and applying a Dazed or Terrified power interaction. Having it be a new power and or supuercharge. Or maybe just use it to replace Psychic Prison.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]

What do you think and what are your new ability ideas for Mental powerset?
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

not to get off track how do you like that game? I been playing hulk and angela, Angela is bad*** she deals bleeding on her abilities got her to like lvl 20 something, and hulk to 60 lol

on topic, bolt barrage / mass lev powers could work and would be nice reworks. As for the last section there's not been much 'slowing' effects other then with ice in tank stance, and that was removed mostly with AMs iirc. But it could be a AoE Dot or something like savage growth but for mental.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

The BUE is the reason I'm here.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

?
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

Would be nice.
    I still cant understand how the devs never cared to expand and added new Iconic powers. So much potential fun wasted.
    Let's see if they can finally release it to the live server after a whole damn year though...
    • Like x 1
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I agree with the removal of the bubble around enemies after using Mass Levitation. I've never liked it.

I'd also like the purple Medusa snakes that pop out of my head when using Psychic Resonance to be a little less garish.

As far as new abilities go, I've been campaigning for a DCUO-appropriate version of Mirror Image for going on six and a half years now. Dr Psycho can use it. Gorilla Grodd can use it. Why can't I?
    • Like x 2
  7. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Off Topic I love, i'v played the PC version before it hit PS4. And i actually like the P.C version's U.I. better. But glad its on PS4 now too.
  8. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

It's That Game equivalent of Stat Revamp Here.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

wonder if that is cross platform already?

Also Im waiting for my beloved villains to come into the game :D

wanna try green gob :cool:
  10. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Yeah a Psychic clone would be nice
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

i would like to change mental into a combo power where you lift targets (telekinesis/mass levitation) and with tap melee you could smack the target/s to the ground, with hold melee you could pull the target/s, with hold range you would throw the target/s away and with tap range you could hurl the targets into each other....

you could scratch telekinetic pull for this...
    • Like x 1
  12. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

Mental power set needs to be re looked at or re revamped the aftermath stat wise is like bottom of the barrel
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

They said Mental and Sorcery are the most likely powersets to get adjustments.

The only thing unknown is how long it'll take. Best prepare to put on your long waiting Glasses, as Electric and Nature didn't get tweaked for about 2 years.
    • Like x 1
  14. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

They're fixing what's broken first; such as projectiles. See test server.
    Once all that's broken is fixed, then they can work on balance, or improvements.
    • Like x 1
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would consolidate dazed and terrified into one effect.

i would rename "pyrokinesis" into "psychic bolt. not much else would need to be changed.

i would remove telekinetic bubble from the game. I would reskin cryokinesis to look like telekinetic bubble replacing the large ice blocks with bastion like bubbles.

telekinetic push needs to have its push back reduced back down to where it was pre revamp with the appropriate increase back to its damage. it needs to be able to push solid objects, base items and blow up encasements for extra damage.

telekinetic bolt needs to be able to blow up solid objects, base items and encasements for extra damage.

remove telekinetic pull. while were at it remove convalesce.

invisibility should be a personal shield and aggro wipe ala granduer and include a blink effect like quantum tunnelling.

mass terror needs to be brought back to what it was like pre every revamp.

horrific visage needs a look at. last time i played it wasn't building supercharges for dps.

i would remove the form change from mass hysteria and all the little ghosts in favor of one grand illusion that fights for you.

several of mentals powers currently suffer from a double cast. psychic shock, telekinesis and cryokinesis. this causes lots of problems. especially during key moments.

wouldnt hurt to cut back the range of some of the beam powers and giving them back some of their damage. In the Wart Torn Village area where you pick up the disguise I could hit activated spies all the way down the hallway where you turn right to get to the main area entrance with psychic shock. you dont need that much range when your key powers have such a short distance which brings me to:

come up with a better power sequence than invisibility into sleep and pain blast. its awful. i loved havingmass terror as the crux of my AM loadout and in the pre WM/AM days it was still a a part of my best loadouts. So was tk push, tk bolt, psychic shock. some players may enjoy it but i find invisibility awkward to the point of rudeness. its hard enough to see your character with seven other power effects going off around you, you cant see your character at all.add it it wasted time to activate it. you ruin your movement. it provides no defiensive benefit, everything can still see you, add to it two powers with poor range and the drawback of one hit point of damage ruins everthing i can't help but take this revamp change to mental offensively and very personally.

look at it this way. the sooner mental gets its fix the sooner i can stop being so cranky.

i also want a supercharge called "mass telekinesis".
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

on the controlling side auto pot should stay as it is in its weakened state but a cast power over time move should be given back to controllers at its correct strength. this allows inexperienced controllers to power up the group some while experienced controllers can get their double tick back and focus on better crowd controlling.

controller moves with a defense debuff gives power back to the tank class when cast.

controller moves with a healing debuff gives power back toplayers in a healer role.

controller moves with a damage debuff will supply dps only.
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

"Mass Telekenisis" Love it!