Returning player seeking power advice

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Raarsi, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Raarsi New Player

Been a couple of years since the last time I played and planning on starting fresh. Problem is that I have no idea what power to play.

Usually I go for some sort of support role, usually either healer or controller depending on whatever is more in demand (only ever tanked once I knew the fights). For specific powerset, I'd like something that's on the simpler side for dps since nerve damage in my hand kinda hampers my ability to do stuff like clipping (combos are okay to do) and I'd wager I'd be doing a lot of dps for solo stuff anyway. I'm also not too big a fan of pet gameplay, if that narrows it down at all.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature
    Sorcery
    Electric
    Celestial
    Water

Gadgets
    Mental
    Light
    Quantum
    Munitions

Fire
    Ice
    Earth
    Rage
    Atomic
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'd agree with all this except I'd say munitions and water could be good choices too. I use them both and they're a simple left to right rotation with rsk and supercharge in the last 2 spots. Not sure I'd consider a robot sidekick a true pet playstyle. Tho could use another power and give up the passive damage.
    • Like x 2
  4. Raarsi New Player

Thanks for helping narrowing the options guys!

Now to figure out which is more in demand these days between trolls and healers...
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tank's are most in demand followed by healers. Controllers and DPS are a dime a dozen.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tree Well-Known Player

You’re going to want to spare your hands right? Scratch Mental & Gadgets then, friend. I’ve given it some thought and I will suggest Electric, Ice, and Munitions.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

Munitions is the easiest power. You never have to Clio and will do find
    • Like x 1
  8. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Maybe so, but us GOOD trolls are Priceless. hehehe

I am going to have to go against my own kind here and say if you want to go with a power that is needed/wanted I would go tank or healer. Alerts usually run either one, and sometimes in a duo, they can be helpful from time to time, but only place people look for trolls, is in raids.
    • Like x 2
  9. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Electric dps without effort and without constraint of mana, this one does not fall practically, on the other hand, in heal, it is another story, but well, I imagine that the regulars of this role should not find that problematic and there are surely artifacts to erase this defect without forgetting allies just as useful has that.