Returning Player, differences between Hero and Villain gameplay?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Voltaic, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Voltaic New Player

Hey guys I want to boot up another toon but im having trouble deciding which side to make it on. I remember Heroes always had a ton more people so queue times were way longer, but they got stomped in pvp for the most part. Villain always had shorter queue times and and won more often in pvp.

Is it still this way? What other things do I not know that I should account for when choosing? Anything is appreciated, thanks.
  2. General Zod 10000 Post Club

We get to push people off buildings. :)
    • Like x 6
  3. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

yes we do :D
    • Like x 3
  4. MetaMax75 Devoted Player

Not enough, as I found out once I leveled my villain a few months ago.
  5. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Way more players on hero side. Supposedly less snoody behavior on villain because they can't be solo picky. Que times are better on hero side due to bigger population.

As far as PvP no villains don't win. Villains tend to try to jump people and if they can't they usually just run away.
    • Like x 1
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Huh, the heroes I was beating up probably didn't get the memo.
    • Like x 3
  7. MENTaLCAsE XIII New Player

The only thing the hero side is good at, is winning at the diamond heist.

yea i said it...
    • Like x 1
  8. DopeDynasty69 New Player

Villain side population is low compared to hero side. You will be fine until you get to level 30. Not many people run lower content such as kahndaq ( or at least when I'm on ) so it takes longer to tier up. On the hero side the queue is a lot faster for lower raids since there is lots of new players as well as higher tiers that will run lower content sometimes. Villain side is fun though. I made a new villain but hope queueing gets faster so I can tier up without waiting all day for a raid. So far I like the villain styles more and the people on villain side seem more fun to talk to. As for PVE, I'm not sure.... Let's just leave it at that but yeah lol both sides are good. Just you have to factor in the whole population and queueing parts.
  9. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Both sides have their ups and their downs, but the heroes have the watchtower at least....the hall of doom is depressing imo. Not sinister, not malevolent....just depressing. lol
    • Like x 2
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

PS villain, got ganked so hard i froze xD[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Minnion Devoted Player

Hey now I think Lex did a good job considering that he had it built under the swamp of sadness... We only see the occasional horse sinking past the window, and that giant turtle is really cool.... It's also easy to navigate, well organized and has just about everything a villain could need....
  12. somerandombats New Player

wait you villains get memos?
    stupid watchtower .... all those lights really drains the budget.
    • Like x 3
  13. LIGHThealsDARK New Player

The watchtower is a maze of hallways and rooms that even the "smartest" heros can lose their way in
    • Like x 2
  14. Twilight Man New Player

There are new differences since GU37

The Villain side has free access to strip clubs and within those clubs is a mini-game. The game requires you to get a private lapdance and if you hit all the on-screen prompts correctly and increase your supercharge bar before releasing it at it's peak, you got 50 marks of Triumph and 1 of the current top tier Soders.

The Hero side has a mini-game where you read to the elderly in Metro General Hospital, it's a time consuming game but it nets you an easy 50 Marks of Triumph and a 10 minute long 30% buff to your Confidence stat.
    • Like x 4
  15. Spacedude2 New Player

The gear is the same for both, but once you get to level 30, the villian side is better looking. Heros have to wait until their CR is 54 or something to get anything cool looking. Other than that I play both sides every other week on the PS and notice that it's about the same. Sometimes I'll see a level 30 who stomped my last character and is defending my new one. Pretty cool!
    • Like x 1
  16. Crimson Jonni New Player

I'll agree with this, the gear we get in the beggining on the hero side is pretty ugly imo, except for. Hera's strength that one has always looked pretty cool. But im here on the hero side so thats a plus;) but i feel like as a villain you grt to do alot more hurting than helping which is always fun. And it seems like villains raid safehouses every week which is also fun
    • Like x 1
  17. Dephyre Committed Player

The biggest difference? Heroes are awesome, duh.
  18. fyshinatux New Player

Except Sparring Targets in the Tech Wing... :oops:
    • Like x 1
  19. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

I had a few heroes jump me in gotham seige.
    A boo junior trinket and the phantom zone trinket did the trick
  20. RapidRay Committed Player

Some differences I've noticed....(based on PS servers)

Villains..
    Que times for PVP are almost instant for the villains and the groups tend to be more balanced in Arenas.
    Villains also tend to take you into content without being 10+ CR over the minimum requirement more often. You'll see less shouting of CR and SP, just their roles and what they want to run.
    It's a smaller community and players are more willing to help people run instances because they care less about CR and more about filling a roster.
    Nearly everyone is in a league and they are willing to recruit people more on how well they get along than their CR numbers.

On the downside, there's a shortage of tanks and trollers on the villain side based on how often they are called for in LFG for the top tier content.
    If you're starting a new character, the leveling up process can be a little slower as there is typically less help to be found from other players at your level nearby.

Heroes
    The larger population comes with good and bad.
    LFG chat moves MUCH faster and it can be difficult to catch that troller you need for a raid, what someone in your PUG just typed, etc.
    You'll notice more players running without leagues because the PUG community is much larger on the hero side and they make advances in CR, SP, etc easier to achieve, though cues for lower level content can be longer at times.
    If you're leveling up a new character, you'll often find other players doing the same missions and grouping up isn't as difficult as on the villain side. Unfortunately, they very early missions can be hard to complete with everyone fighting for the same goals, but that thins out after a few levels.

On the downside, there tends to be more arguments and insults thrown around on the hero side in Shout channel. (My hero ignore list is far larger than my villain one.)
    Heroes lean toward shouting for CR well over the minimum requirements because of SO MANY of them having been able to gain high CR and low SP via walk-ins in the past. It's an attempt to insure their CR makes up for their inexperience and/or low SP.

As for PVP....heroes and villains can now be grouped together via the "Suicide Squad" mechanics if they cue individually. Heroes tend to cue that way, villains tend to form league runs more often.

Suggestion....make one of each and give yourself a week or two to pick a winner.

Hope this helps.
    • Like x 1